• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Enquiring on E250 Coupe

DMC

Hi ALL, 

Would like to seek some advice from the experience Merc owners here.

Am looking to get a 2011 E250 Coupe. Would like to know if there are any known issues that i have to take note for this model?

Hows the maintenance for this model? Lastly i would like to know how much more is the insurance compared to a 4door E250?

Thanks a lot in advance .

DMC

• 1 month later...

Hi I just got myself a  E200 Coupe from 2011 (yr of manufacture) although it was imported to Spore and registered only in 2013, It drives like a dream! Are there any issues with 2011 variants/ its CGI  model. 1.8 litres 184 hp. Any one with feedback and experience to share?

Personally I like this quad lamp front look of the Coupe over the 2013 offering with the face lift.  And apparently one can replace the old rear lamps  n adopt the new facelefted rear lamp look?

But I wld prefer more  bang for buck in the dashboard offerings...doesn't have all the hoops and whistles of the new cars with great multimedia experience and diagrammatics...no screen show of the parktronic device also - does anyone know whr one can upgrade this?

One more issue, whilst driving, I keep hearing a very soft electronic beep  every now and then. What is this baby tryng to tell me??

2011 which month? Check is it 5 or 7 gtronics or tonics!! The former pricing shld be lesser than the latter. Yes 2 gears lesser should be cheaper, my dealer told me di.

• Like 1

The beeps come on intermittently - whr I turn the parktronic on or off - so it's not about the sensitivity of the sensors from shadows or such. What else cld  the beeps be? There is also no warning indication on any screen to show what it may be a warning for?

It has the CGI badging on the rear - not the usual 7Gtronics one sees. So I guess it's 5 gears??

Nah dont base on badges. There are many rides with amg badges are non amg. Ask the dealer to show u the nos of gears by manual mode.

• Like 1

Nah dont base on badges. There are many rides with amg badges are non amg. Ask the dealer to show u the nos of gears by manual mode.

AM鸡!!! my favourite

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

AM鸡!!! my favourite

鸡 orh yes!! Be it dead or alive is my fav.

is there a way o f checking?

If there's a gear shift on your console, it's a five speed!

7 speed doesn't has a gear shift on the center console but a shift level on your steering column plus paddle shifts.

You can add on a reverse camera then you can see the display on your LCD monitor.

The 7Gtronics has an update instrument display panel

Site sponsor Elebest do this retrofit!

If you don't have COMAND NTG 4.5 Head Unit which has GPS, DVD, Internet & Voice Command, Elebest also do this retrofit.

Think enough poison for a start! :)

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Thank u bro - yes - gear shift on centre  console! Got it!

Dun tell me then the original system as provided doesn't have Bluetooth telephony too?? :(

I dun mind not having the built in nav as its more cost effective to have a separate aftermkt GPS  ; oh well. But a reverse cam wld be useful if integrated into the existing on board screen. There doesn't seem to be any USB or SD card slot  much less ipod dockin!

Err... UNKER... Think the gear shift is on the console even for 7 speed gearbox.... Only saloon uses the side shift gear stick.. And also the new 2013 model ... Best way to check is to shift the gear to manual and see how many it shifts to.... or just check the Log card...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Bui! You are right about Coupe!
Old man forgetful - shifting through the gears will tell whether is 5 or 7 speed.

Cheers

Thank u bro - yes - gear shift on centre console! Got it!

Dun tell me then the original system as provided doesn't have Bluetooth telephony too?? :(

I dun mind not having the built in nav as its more cost effective to have a separate aftermkt GPS ; oh well. But a reverse cam wld be useful if integrated into the existing on board screen. There doesn't seem to be any USB or SD card slot much less ipod dockin!

Ah Bui is correct!

I am getting old & forgetful!

Shifting to the gears will tell whether 5 or 7 speed!

Original GPS for me is a must have but even the latest map leave much to desire as compare to Garmin base maps.

However it still get me or near where I want to go in Sg & MY.

Beside the maps driving directions are display in your instrument panel.

Not all PI cars come with UCI or commonly known as Media Interface.

It comes with a port in the glove compartment & for later models the port is in the Centre console storage box together with another USB port.

Media Interface comes with 3 cables - iPod/iPhone, USB & 3.5mm Aux.

All our 3 site sponsors Elebest, ricriclo & camber53 offers Media Interface & COMAND NTG4.5 retrofit.

COMAND also offer a 10Gb HD storage for your music call Music Register.

The Gracenote also display album cover & display to my knowledge song titles in English, Chinese Japs & maybe Korean.

Your car should have Bluetooth phone. Check again!

If you free tonight you can see me at SAFRA Toa Payoh.

we have quite a few MB families bowling every Sat nite.

I can take a look at your car.

Hp: 91777772

Everyone call me Unker! :)

• Like 1

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you  all - yup - its CGI = 5 speed. But hey - still runs like a dream - with power, good torque and smooth changes.

I understand from a mechanic that the CGI wld prob have less wear and tear than the 7 g tronic iterations? (lol - me just consoling myself!)