• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

installed taiwan faked bi-xenon headlamps

Roidman

Adjusting the height does nothing useful in regards to the dangers. Lights are designed specifically for LHD and RHD cars, the reflectors and bowls inside are only for either LHD or RHD, in order to make your LHD lights work properly in a RHD country is to completely remove the insides and replace them with the correct HD lighting equipment.

Agree! Safety > Swee-ness IMHO

dun have right or not right la... to be fair to them, we wan nice, they wan make money also... majority of market taiwan lamps also LHD... vendors bring in but never point gun at us force us buy ma....

so we wan nice we buy lor.. if safety is the concern then we dun buy lor. we got a choice ma right bro?

dun have right and no right la.. kk?

I said that it is wrong to sell because vendors should not be selling lights that are blinding to other road users. What's the point of having swee swee lights but it is a road hazard?

Moreover, it is lagi wrong to sell without informing customer before purchase that the lights are LHD and alignment will not be suitable for SG. If customer die die ai swee mai mia then it is not the seller's fault. But if one is socially responsible, he should not bring in such 'incorrect' products in the first place.

If Singapore is also LHD then nothing to worry about. From 715's post it sounded like SG was RHD hence my post about the dangers of the wrongly designed lights for the wrong country.

Yes bro. SG is definitely RHD!

My 2 cents worth

Anyway Taiwan and china are LHD also ma

I think they do mainly for their market

Yes bro. SG is definitely RHD!

Then the quoted post above yours is useless. If SG is RHD then LHD lights are truly a danger no matter how pretty they may look.

Quoted from MBWorld.org

"The difference is that the beam pattern is different.

RHD: \__\__

LHD: __/__/

The consequences are that you will blind others driving on the opposite side of the road and that road signs will be harder to read. No adjustment can correct this."

Here is a link to search results that all specifiy the same conclusion

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AgwxNplyK7Fari3CmxpJEs2bvZx4?fr=yfp-t-901-s&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&p=difference%20between%20lhd%20and%20rhd%20headlights

• Like 1

Just had mine done yesterday, took him 5 days to figure it out. The beams are much higher and I can finally see the road signs. He managed to make the left beam higher for RHD cars. It's still at a trial and error period, I'll be going back to him to make some final adjustments. Overall, very satisfied and should be flying down NSH soon!

now this gets me abit more excited already.. bro remember to update us or better still provide pictures after adjustments! :D

ah boon is very poisonous... lol

now this gets me abit more excited already.. bro remember to update us or better still provide pictures after adjustments! :D

ah boon is very poisonous... lol

Managed to do a video, side by side comparison with a factory fitted ILS. Will post it up later tonight.

Hey guys for this I went to do a search about it. Just realise that to make it rhd is to flip the inside metal pcs that looks like a ____/ to \___? It was show on a bemmier forum. Its a tedious process cause you have to rip out the projector to do it.

Yes, that's pretty much what you need to do.

Video file is too big to be uploaded, have not had the time to shrink it. Photos will do for now.

Original ILS on W204 FL

post-105-0-33378000-1393503200_thumb.jpg

Aftermarket ILS on W204 FL

post-105-0-12549400-1393503228_thumb.jpg

Do bear in mind, both cars are not parallel straight, this isn't a scientific experiment. No measurements etc. was made. Just happened to have a friend with ILS parked one lot away from me so decided to capture the shot.

All I wanted was for my beams to match up with the original headlights, to light up and allow me to see the road ahead clearly. Height of both beams are almost identical on the wall. Pretty satisfied now, way better compared to the original beam height and penetration. Still gotta go back to get the lights adjusted properly for LHD.

Hi Bro,

Mind sharing the contacts/details to get these Taiwan ILS headlamps?

I'm very keen to get one too!

LOL.

You may text/whatsapp me at 90088171

Thanks.

Our sponsor Sonic Racing has them:

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/6777-w204-face-lift-pre-facelift-ils-headlamp-bonnet-bumper/page-7

Video file is too big to be uploaded, have not had the time to shrink it. Photos will do for now.

Original ILS on W204 FL

attachicon.gifIMG_8860.JPG

Aftermarket ILS on W204 FL

attachicon.gifIMG_8861.JPG

Do bear in mind, both cars are not parallel straight, this isn't a scientific experiment. No measurements etc. was made. Just happened to have a friend with ILS parked one lot away from me so decided to capture the shot.

All I wanted was for my beams to match up with the original headlights, to light up and allow me to see the road ahead clearly. Height of both beams are almost identical on the wall. Pretty satisfied now, way better compared to the original beam height and penetration. Still gotta go back to get the lights adjusted properly for LHD.

thanks for sharing! seem like aftermarket one produce a 'whiter' beam :)

thanks for sharing! seem like aftermarket one produce a 'whiter' beam :)

That's because my bulbs have been upgraded to 6000k bulbs. Originals come with 4300k.

• 4 months later...

Any bros recently did an install of these replicas? Wondering if the recent shipments are RHD, appreciate if any bros can feedback.

yes and yes!
  • Like 1

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

• 1 month later...

By right, it's a non-compliant aftermarket modification so won't pass inspection. By left, I went for my inspection and pass. So it probably boils down to individual luck. Worst case scenario if fail, just swap back original headlights and go for inspection again.

• Like 1

By right, it's a non-compliant aftermarket modification so won't pass inspection. By left, I went for my inspection and pass. So it probably boils down to individual luck. Worst case scenario if fail, just swap back original headlights and go for inspection again.

Thanks for the advise...

Mine passed many times too :)

Been using 6000k bulbs...