• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

installed taiwan faked bi-xenon headlamps

Roidman

Replica

Ai swee mai mia :)

Original

Ai swee and Ai mia!

2001-2007 = Toyota Harrier

2007-2011 = Civic Hybrid

2011-2012 = Evoque (crap!)

2012- = W204

For those who've installed this aftermarket headlight (be it with Sonic or Ah Boon), do you find that the light beam shines quite low and can't penetrate very far? Can really see the difference especially when I drive up next to another continental car (5 Series, W212, W204 with factory ILS etc.) with projector headlights, their light beam is able to shine higher and much further.

Roidman, how's your adjustment that Ah Boon did? Got experience the same problem?

Markcwq, yup, the light beam throw back is not as high or far as compared to the genuine stuff. That said, it didn't detect the diff. However, I'm pretty sure it will be pretty obvious when drive to Malaysia.

2007-2011 = Civic Hybrid

2012- = W204

For those who've installed this aftermarket headlight (be it with Sonic or Ah Boon), do you find that the light beam shines quite low and can't penetrate very far? Can really see the difference especially when I drive up next to another continental car (5 Series, W212, W204 with factory ILS etc.) with projector headlights, their light beam is able to shine higher and much further.

Roidman, how's your adjustment that Ah Boon did? Got experience the same problem?

Bro... After market lamps is like tat one... Apply across most makes n design... Another thing to take note, is tat the hid ballast n bulb also diff. I think comes to lights n bulbs, uncle gt more knowledge ba.. Lol.

I only knw, after market hids, compared to factory hids, is totally diff thing... And that posses one of the cause for the problem u mentioned.

Bro... After market lamps is like tat one... Apply across most makes n design... Another thing to take note, is tat the hid ballast n bulb also diff. I think comes to lights n bulbs, uncle gt more knowledge ba.. Lol.

I only knw, after market hids, compared to factory hids, is totally diff thing... And that posses one of the cause for the problem u mentioned.

Unker was also complaining about the same issue, both of us went down to Sonic for adjustments a few times. I have up after the second adjustment. Don't know if Unker got his adjusted to a desirable setting.

That's why trying to find out if Ah Boon managed a workaround to the problem.

Unker was also complaining about the same issue, both of us went down to Sonic for adjustments a few times. I have up after the second adjustment. Don't know if Unker got his adjusted to a desirable setting.

After I found out that it was confirmed for LHD - no matter how high you adjust your headlamps, it will not shine in the "right directions" with the "correct light intensity"

For personal reasons, I've de-kitted and prefer waiting out for RHD headlamps to arrive if there's going to be one.

My own personal preference - own hor! cannot say for others!

it's swee to look at but if I cannot see road signs illuminated at night, lights shining at wrong directions without the right "intensity", it's quite irritating for me.

You stopped side by side with a Xenon W212, W204 or F10.

They shine slightly higher them you at the rear bumper of the car infront and with greater light intensity.

Therefore I choose not to have for the time being!

• Like 3

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

I gotta van, i replace to angel eye. Also on hid. Also have the lhd and rhd problem. Also from taiwan. Lol

I believe the lhd and the rhd problem could be solve, but i think the brightness issue (mark claim) will still remain... The org hid ballast and our aft market hid ballast compared, i think do still have bightness diff. Lol.

I gotta van, i replace to angel eye. Also on hid. Also have the lhd and rhd problem. Also from taiwan. Lol

I believe the lhd and the rhd problem could be solve, but i think the brightness issue (mark claim) will still remain... The org hid ballast and our aft market hid ballast compared, i think do still have bightness diff. Lol.

My after mkt "non-glare" HIDs even with the black strip to reduce glare is sipeh bright in terms of intensity.....using 4300K....>3000 lumens!......hehehe :)

Think it gotta see how the light beam generated goes through the lens! U got equipment to test boh???

i rest my case......important you heppy is enough.......LHD, RHD, Your angel eyes looks like micky ears.....or rather minions...no..???......hahahaha!

Swee rite....jealous arh.....call LTA or TP to go beow your van......hehehe!

minions_zps75f4feae.png

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Actually, I think it is not right for vendors to sell LHD lights in a country where the cars are RHD! It is dangerous to drive with lights of the wrong alignment, and it is blinding other road users as well. If the seller did not inform you that the lights are LHD when you buy them, I think the buyer has every right to demand for a full refund under "Fitness For Purpose", no questions asked.

My humble 2 cents.

Fyi, Ah boon managed to adjust the height of the light beam.

2007-2011 = Civic Hybrid

2012- = W204

Seems like I gotta mange a trip down to visit him soon.

• 1 month later...

Adjusting the height does nothing useful in regards to the dangers. Lights are designed specifically for LHD and RHD cars, the reflectors and bowls inside are only for either LHD or RHD, in order to make your LHD lights work properly in a RHD country is to completely remove the insides and replace them with the correct HD lighting equipment.

Can show a pix after the adjustment?

Just had mine done yesterday, took him 5 days to figure it out. The beams are much higher and I can finally see the road signs. He managed to make the left beam higher for RHD cars. It's still at a trial and error period, I'll be going back to him to make some final adjustments. Overall, very satisfied and should be flying down NSH soon!

Actually, I think it is not right for vendors to sell LHD lights in a country where the cars are RHD! It is dangerous to drive with lights of the wrong alignment, and it is blinding other road users as well. If the seller did not inform you that the lights are LHD when you buy them, I think the buyer has every right to demand for a full refund under "Fitness For Purpose", no questions asked.

My humble 2 cents.

dun have right or not right la... to be fair to them, we wan nice, they wan make money also... majority of market taiwan lamps also LHD... vendors bring in but never point gun at us force us buy ma....

so we wan nice we buy lor.. if safety is the concern then we dun buy lor. we got a choice ma right bro?

dun have right and no right la.. kk?

Anyway Taiwan and china are LHD also ma

I think they do mainly for their market

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.