• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W124 Talk

W124beginner

Think I better start a proper thread instead. This will be a spin off from

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/14681-fast-advice-needed/

After the rims, before I can lay my hands on all the rubber & weather strips for the exterior, I had a boot leak.
Sent for check and repair, went to check on my ride today and guess where the water is leaking from?

This is the view that greeted me. They had removed the rear windscreen, all the rubber seals, cleaned out all the silicon.
post-4358-0-27591200-1380526734_thumb.jpg

Don't Look Down on my old Mercedes. Without Heritage Mercedes, New Mercedes has nothing to Based on.

The corrosion from 23 years of exposing to the elements.

post-4358-0-76236900-1380526869_thumb.jpg

These are beneath what our eyes can see.

post-4358-0-37425100-1380526871_thumb.jpg

Workshop is planning to cut away the badly corroded part and weld a new piece of panel beaten zinc alloy to replace the corroded part. Too corroded to repair but to replace.

Don't Look Down on my old Mercedes. Without Heritage Mercedes, New Mercedes has nothing to Based on.

Amazon sells these kits. If you want to try somewhere closer to home, Akiwa Autobahn in malaysia does kits like this too. This is the AMG 1, there is also a gen 2 for the FL cars.

Thank you Bro Ricebandit.

That means, locally no one is selling. :x

I do not drive to Malaysia anymore so I guess I must find other alternatives.

Does Akiwa Autobahn ships to Singapore? You have the contacts?

Once again, thank you!