• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Fast Advice Needed

W124beginner

Hi All,

I am truly overwhelmed by the information available here to the point I cannot even find what I want.

I need assistance on rims + tyre.

I am looking to change my stock rim to a 17" rim/ PCD 112 and what tyres should I use so that I does not rub or require fender rolling?

Ride is a 1996 W124 FL sedan.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Thanks All in advance.

AL

Don't Look Down on my old Mercedes. Without Heritage Mercedes, New Mercedes has nothing to Based on.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I am truly overwhelmed by the information available here to the point I cannot even find what I want.

I need assistance on rims + tyre.

I am looking to change my stock rim to a 17" rim/ PCD 112 and what tyres should I use so that I does not rub or require fender rolling?

Ride is a 1996 W124 FL sedan.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Thanks All in advance.

AL

here you go! :)

Click to find recommended offset & tyre size for 17"

generally ET35 and 225/45/17 tyres are good to go for your W124

Lots of after market 17" with ET35 including amg replicas.

http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/mercedes_alloy_wheels/e_class_124_alloys

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice rims!

From the stock tyres, 225/45/17 offers virtually no change to rolling diameter, 215/45/17, whilst listed as the official fitment for the car, will result in a small over-reading of your speedo (i.e. you will be travelling slightly slower than indicated).

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Henry A. Kissinger

Nice rims!

From the stock tyres, 225/45/17 offers virtually no change to rolling diameter, 215/45/17, whilst listed as the official fitment for the car, will result in a small over-reading of your speedo (i.e. you will be travelling slightly slower than indicated).

Thank you for sharing!

Don't Look Down on my old Mercedes. Without Heritage Mercedes, New Mercedes has nothing to Based on.

interior? What color? Changing out the mbtex?

Boot leak? Check any rusty points at rear windscreen base. Quite usual areas of leaks

Interior like cleaning up the trims, the leather, ice, replacing bulbs,etc :)

For the leak, yeah Almost every W124 has the same leak at about the same place. :)

Had sent in the car for rustproofing, repaint & resealing.

Quite often its the boot seal at the bottom of the windscreen like what Keltanky mentioned. Easy fix.

For ICE, rainbow makes direct fit replacements for the front and rear speakers (unless someone has already cut the stock mounts on yours) The stock speakers are a rather odd 4.75". Some have managed to fit 5 1/4" speakers without cutting, depending on which brand of speaker. Of course if you intend to go custom, then the sky's the limit.

If you have MBTex, its probably one of the toughest materials on earth and a good deep cleaning will have them looking like new.

Most important is to have fun doing it!

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Henry A. Kissinger

Quite often its the boot seal at the bottom of the windscreen like what Keltanky mentioned. Easy fix.

For ICE, rainbow makes direct fit replacements for the front and rear speakers (unless someone has already cut the stock mounts on yours) The stock speakers are a rather odd 4.75". Some have managed to fit 5 1/4" speakers without cutting, depending on which brand of speaker. Of course if you intend to go custom, then the sky's the limit.

If you have MBTex, its probably one of the toughest materials on earth and a good deep cleaning will have them looking like new.

Most important is to have fun doing it!

Thanks Bro Ricebandit!

I had done up the ice. Now waiting for the resealing to be completed.

Next will be a trip to Hup Soon, will be changing every rubber strip on the exterior!