• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mercedes vs black car in KPE

twisti

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please drive safe! It's one thing if you don't treasure your own life and wanna risk it, a whole other thing when you're endangering other innocent people. The driver of the red car (looks like a Lancer) on the right must have had a shock of his/her life!

recently encountered a race on PIE between a red integra and an smrt cab. I just entered the e'way with intent to switch from lane 3 to 2. noticed this car approaching at high speed at lane 2 so i remained at 3 despite indicator was on, second attempt at switching wa this time flashed vigourously by the cabbie! both zoomed passed me and swerved to lane 1 rushing to the finishing line. my son was onboard with me then, and seriously, i can only imagine the worst if i got rear ended!

i feel us driving safe is one thing, we also need to be careful on the roads for such cheongsters.

Black tuscani... not many on the road nowadays.... Not for long anyway....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

This kind of encounter is nothing new, just this near-miss-incident of "overtaking from Left without due care" was caught by DVR.  Just another road culture in SG - "both overtake from left" . In Malaysia and Thailand, it is a culture not to overtake from left or you may end up sandwich by long vehicle or tour coach. The black car is speeding and traveling at a higher speed then Red car. The red car E-brake to avoid collision e-brake was effective and well balanced, hold in straight line. Black car has to counter acted for the skid, it is pure luck for it to hold and come out of the skid. Saw one US w204 review e-brake at high speed still maintained in straight line and short brake distance like this Red car in KPE.  

The C Class ebrake was effective because the braking was controlled via the various computer-assisted systems in place. The Tuscani does not have the same features being a much older car. That does not mean the C Class driver is better, it's the car that is better which imparts a false sense of ability/skill to the driver. This is dangerous as well on another level.

In the end, both drivers are at fault for travelling on high speeds in a tunnel with other regular road users around. In addition, the C Class was undertaking and Tuscani was just simply too fast and likely had no time to process the C class entering the 2nd lane when it cut in. The Lancer is also at fault for road hogging.

7341297598_97c7140d08.jpg

1988 W126 300SE - Schwartz-Blau with grey velour interior/trim

ZoomButt.gif

Frankly OWM... your observation is not realistic... Remember this is the KPE.... where speed is MAX at 70... And you're suppose to keep in your lane in the tunnel.... just a classic case of stupid ego driving from the Tuscany.... it's driving too fast... damn too fast... Easily around 120 or more...

Y? maybe his shit is coming out... but by then his shit should be out...  Noticed he tried to stunt the Red Merc again twice after exiting the tunnel? Plain stupidity...

The C Class ebrake was effective because the braking was controlled via the various computer-assisted systems in place. The Tuscani does not have the same features being a much older car. That does not mean the C Class driver is better, it's the car that is better which imparts a false sense of ability/skill to the driver. This is dangerous as well on another level.

In the end, both drivers are at fault for travelling on high speeds in a tunnel with other regular road users around. In addition, the C Class was undertaking and Tuscani was just simply too fast and likely had no time to process the C class entering the 2nd lane when it cut in. The Lancer is also at fault for road hogging.

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Likely this Tuscani is 2.7cc and super mods up. This fellow tia many cars in the past not sure is the same driver. Anyway good luck to both drivers.

Likely this Tuscani is 2.7cc and super mods up. This fellow tia many cars in the past not sure is the same driver. Anyway good luck to both drivers.

Every time I drive on CTE on the first lane I tia all the cars in the second to fourth lane too. Hahaha...

Every time I drive on CTE on the first lane I tia all the cars in the second to fourth lane too. Hahaha...

Of course lah!! Yr ride is SLS model in SLK body.