• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Rays Homura wheels

Folks, I was offered a set of 6 months old 18" Rays Homura rims with Goodyear F1a2 235/40/18 (90% life) for $2700. They look nice actually and was told that each rim weigh only 9kg. I am a quite newbie in rims but just wanna spice up my w211 a little bit. He don't need swapping.

The offset is 38, which I think still fits my offset allowance without need for spacers.

Reckon its worth the moola?

If tonite u can sleep well & no nitemare then go for it.

• Like 1

No rush.. go check out the rims online... and you'll find the answers you need.... Im no expert but the net is.... so help urself to it...

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Went to the website to check out the rims. Seems like the specs are for JDM and certain European makes only. Didnt see any for mercs

Prices online are about $500 per piece.

1) Make sure its 5X112 with centre bore 66.6mm

2) If its 18X8.5 ET38 all round, I think front will hit fender. I may be wrong though

martinjames has just installed breytons which look similar to the homura, do check out his thread

• Like 1

Went to the website to check out the rims. Seems like the specs are for JDM and certain European makes only. Didnt see any for mercs

2) If its 18X8.5 ET38 all round, I think front will hit fender. I may be wrong though

martinjames has just installed breytons which look similar to the homura, do check out his thread

Thank you sir! i will hunt martin james down.. :)

Its 5X112 with centre bore 66.6mm.

About the offset for 18", I went to several websites for research, including the popular http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/mercedes_alloy_wheels/e_class_saloon_w211_alloys

It seems that alloywheels offer different  MB 18" rims with offsets ranging from 30 to 38 for front wheel (not going for staggered)

I was told that my 18" offset should +35, and can do +/- 3. :unsure:

By the way, my w211 FL model is on my timeless stock 16" wheels (42 offset) .. haha...

What is the width? You can try and update whether there's any rub :)

Wah... evil... haha.. The rays are 18" x 8.5"..

In the direct alloys website, for w211, i just picked 3 different designs with same width but different offsets. Thats why i find it pretty confusing:

18" Mercedes 10 Double Spoke Front alloy wheels: 18x8.5" ET38

18" AMG III Front alloy wheels: 18x8.5" ET30

18" Mercedes 5 Spoke Front alloy wheels: 18x8.5" ET28

The last one confirm no rub my fender, but will rub other people fender! :)

Bro you are driving W211 right? Please ignore what I said previously, cuz I kept thinking about W212

The following file is the rims from W211 brochure. You are right, 18x8.5" ET30 is one of the standard AMG spec. So the Homuras is definitely safe to install.  :)

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachments/general-mercedes-benz/197073d1222379719-wheel-size-w211-pls-help-211wheels.pdf

• Like 1

Bro you are driving W211 right? Please ignore what I said previously, cuz I kept thinking about W212

The following file is the rims from W211 brochure. You are right, 18x8.5" ET30 is one of the standard AMG spec. So the Homuras is definitely safe to install.  :)

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachments/general-mercedes-benz/197073d1222379719-wheel-size-w211-pls-help-211wheels.pdf

yc3333,

thanks for your help! priceless! :)

btw, i wanna seek your opinion. I understand that 245/40/18 are the typically right tyre size for the 18" rims. However, the Homuras sets comes with 235/40/18. You reckon this will be an issue (i.e. instability, wrong fit, etc) 

Thanks.