• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need Urgent Advice From Senior

Kelvin Tiang

Hi friends,

I have a few major issue with my new facelift C180. This car is about 16 months and mileage is 39,000. No Accident before.

These are the few problem I'm facing and I'm going down to C&C for review of my car:

1. Right side headlight fill with water when raining day.

2. During morning, car will jerk and does not have power to accelerate and the gear don't change up. Early in the morning, when start the car will have a lot of noise.

3. Suspension does not absorb shock. Turning left or right suspension will sink down.

4. Steering wheel turns light and when high speed it keep shifting left and right. No resistant. 

5. Brake systems not fully working. Does not stop even when you fully depress the pedal. Brake pad still have > 50% of life spare. Brake have a lot of sound whenever apply or even brake hold.

I'm not sure if all these problem is common? Or can I really ask for a changes in all this item? But i'm really scare to drive my car now as it's very unstable.

I hope any senior can advice me on this.

Thank you!

I love my 3-pointed star!

PI car? From see&see just go back there and get it resolve since it is still under warranty. This is the first time i come across mercs got so many issues.

that sound serious.....

3. Suspension does not absorb shock. Turning left or right suspension will sink down.

4. Steering wheel turns light and when high speed it keep shifting left and right. No resistant.

5. Brake systems not fully working. Does not stop even when you fully depress the pedal. Brake pad still have > 50% of life spare. Brake have a lot of sound whenever apply or even brake hold.

1. It's not normal for headlight to double as water reservoir. Definitely need a look at the seal or change.

2. The gear does take a while to wake up and will drag a bit to change up when it is cold in the morning. Just like we take a while to get up and will drag a bit to sit up and get out of bed.

Noise wise, I think it is subjective. Don't drive off immediately after start engine, give a few seconds for every fluid in the car to circulate and settle down before moving and go easy from the start.

3. I am sure the suspension absorbs shock. Could it be it's too stiff for your standard? This car is a bit on the firm side.

Another point on this car, the front wheel tilts during turning unlike many Japanese car. So is this causing the car to tilt?

Better bring to cnc to have them fixed.. if u are still under warranty.

Last time my light housing insides got fog also got changed foc.

Suspension bouncy also got them replaced.

Mounting also all changed with low $100s.

One thing u may need to taxi ride with the se for your suspension problems and show it to him

Thank you all for your reply. 

Yes, I have already send my car for review. 

All the problem are true and they are replacing all the items for me.

My car is from C&C brand new on 12 Jan 2012.

He said that i'm really unluck to have encounter so much problem.

The assistance is Aaron, very helpful and patient as well.

My car will be booking in this sunday night at 11pm. Follow by a 3 full day of repair. Earliest can take back is also 21 of Mar.

Thank you all for your reply. 

Yes, I have already send my car for review. 

All the problem are true and they are replacing all the items for me.

My car is from C&C brand new on 12 Jan 2012.

He said that i'm really unluck to have encounter so much problem.

The assistance is Aaron, very helpful and patient as well.

My car will be booking in this sunday night at 11pm. Follow by a 3 full day of repair. Earliest can take back is also 21 of Mar.

Booking in at 11pm? Location? Keep us update after the repair.

He actually want to arrange a courtesy car for me. However need to wait till 1 to 2 months time.

Location is pandan loop.

But is ok, my friend is kind to lend me his second car during this period of time. 

Will keep all of you posted!

Thanks!

Hi all,

I gonna my car back after 5 long days of repair.

First, the adviser said that there is no problem with my suspension system after a detailed check. Therefore they only do servicing.

Secondly, my brake system was remove and done with full servicing and put back and the brake test was good.

They did a refresh of the system software and after the software my car noise was really reduce.

They also did an alignment on the wheel and steering. Both were out of alignment.

However, for the past 30 hours since i got back my car. Whenever, I'm traveling at low speed in car park for example and I'm coming to a stop. My car somehow have this biting vibration. And this vibration is quite strong. I'm not sure if this is common? Can anyone advise? This also happen when I'm approaching traffic light at low speed before i come to a stop.

Thank you all!

Is norm coz yr brake set is new. Let the brake pad settle in est 100 km drive then go for few hard E brake, all system will normalise.

Is norm coz yr brake set is new. Let the brake pad settle in est 100 km drive then go for few hard E brake, all system will normalise.

Hi Blackmercs, I did what you said and have travel about 170km. However, the vibration problem still there. The vibration comes when I release my brake a bit. Can advise further?

What servicing can there be done for a new car with only 39k mileage? And so many days there?
Reoil the suspension?
My suspect is they didn't do anything at all.

You may have been taken for a ride dude.

Up to you to continue to be nice or raise your voice and bang table.

Lppl just have to spend more time there and insist they have the issue fixed.. and parts replaced.

edit:

share with you my last experience with them: 

spent the whole day to replace my fogged lamp housing. i was there since 9am.

told the SE i will wait, since i had my laptop with me.

till around 6.30pm. i questioned him why so long, and he went in to check with the mech.

guess what... my car was still parked nicely in the carpark. 

NOTHING was done.

i raised a din there and then. fooked the mech as well. 

they replaced it within 30 minutes and got my car back by 7pm.

imagine if i wasn't there.. gong gong wait at home for their call that will probably never come till a few days later.

Hi Blackmercs, I did what you said and have travel about 170km. However, the vibration problem still there. The vibration comes when I release my brake a bit. Can advise further?

Did they change the rotor, brake caliper and brake pad ALL brandnew? Or remove the old set and reinstall it after inspection? Can u post the servicing report here.

Did they change the rotor, brake caliper and brake pad ALL brandnew? Or remove the old set and reinstall it after inspection? Can u post the servicing report here.

Hi Blackmercs, remove old set and re install it after servicing and inspection.

They refuse to give me a copy of what has done.

I have ask for it. But the adviser said no need to give.

• Like 1

Seems like it's not a brand new set. BM's strategy is to properly bleed in the new brakes. Doesn't work for old brakes. Assuming your brakes are properly fitted, I think a skim of your rotor and new pads should do the trick.

Huh??? Cannot be right, who is the SE?? Sound like a hush hush job!! Send in yr ride at 2300 hrs and than after no report? Any documentation proof for this repairs?? If no, then i cant help u liao, till u get hold of the report. Coz we are merely speculating on these issues. Go back to Pandan and get it resolve. Good luck!!

Seems like it's not a brand new set. BM's strategy is to properly bleed in the new brakes. Doesn't work for old brakes. Assuming your brakes are properly fitted, I think a skim of your rotor and new pads should do the trick.

Hmm actually i want to know what did they changed!! if only the pad or rotor, or either one are being replaced then u got to adpot the run-in method.

Who is the SA? How can they not give....did you pay anything? If you paid then must insist to have the report...even if you no pay anything also should insist on the report......

• Like 1

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...