• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Budget 2013: New Tiered Tax Rates for Cars

yc3333

what if COW.....i mean COE stay high? :P

we won't know until end of March. .. by then things will be very much clearer....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Say COE crash to $50, the C class asking price is like $158,888 down payment is $80,000. How many of you will put down this amount? Not me, coz i m a poor man pretending to be rich. For those richie, what is $80,000!! Is peanuts!!

Say COE crash to $50, the C class asking price is like $158,888 down payment is $80,000. How many of you will put down this amount? Not me, coz i m a poor man pretending to be rich. For those richie, what is $80,000!! Is peanuts!!

same reason why I bought PI...Cos I bo lui... but still wanna hao lian.... LOL

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

won't be so siong if you have a car to trade-in..of course, provided you don't still owe the bank!

same reason why I bought PI...Cos I bo lui... but still wanna hao lian.... LOL

For me is life is short :)

COE dive....my car value also dive...best is not to think too much and enjoy my doot!  :sleep:

No worries lah, dive or no dive the value maintain.

won't be so siong if you have a car to trade-in..of course, provided you don't still owe the bank!

For me is always full loan.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/ads/dbs/index.php

Promotional Interest Rates For All Passenger Car Loans

Applicable interest rate is pegged to the age of car and it applies to all applicable tenure.
The maximum loan amount granted is up to 60% of the car price over the remaining COE validity.

Age of Car
(months) Loan Tenure
(year) Interest Rate
(p.a. flat) Effective Interest Rate* (p.a.) >0 - 12 Up to 5 years 1.98% 3.911% >12 - 24 Up to 5 years 2.18% 4.294% >24 - 36 Up to 5 years 2.18% 4.294% >36 - 48 Up to 5 years 2.18% 4.294% >48 - 60 Up to 5 years 2.18% 4.294% >60 - 72 Up to 5 years 2.28% 4.535% >72 - 84 Up to 4 years 2.28% 4.600% >84 - 96 Up to 3 years 2.28% 4.700% >96 - 108 Up to 2 years 2.68% 5.815%

*The effective interest rate is calculated based on the maximum loan tenure applicable.

E.g. For a 3 year old car, the effective interest rate is calculated based on
a 5 year loan tenure.

Note: Above interest rates are correct at time of publishing and subject to change

without prior notice.

New Interest Rates

I wonder what game they are playing....

29e351227a059b36c61cdf5218045f8c.jpg

In house financing perhaps?

Borrowing from foreign banks or credit companies that are not regulated by MAS will not be subjected to MAS restrictions.

Life goes on for many brands.

• Like 2

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

Fully agree. Maybe the loan period is still 10 yrs with the 40% downpayment.

Some 2nd hand dealer still have lobang for 10 years loan.

Maybe this weekend go down turf city n look look see see.

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

C&C oso inhouse loans right???.... 1999 was inhouse loan.... Through a finance company.... Now I dunno....

Why COE will go up when purchasing a car is very expensive now? :(

Because dealers have backlog to clear plus they took a lot of orders last month.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

Why COE will go up when purchasing a car is very expensive now? :(

if you are wondering about today's news on the COE rebate thing by car distributors, it's a marketing strategy to draw some customers back into the showroom. Otherwise, everyday swatting fly leh...

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.