• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Which GPS?

I aint guru!! Garmin is THE ONE!! Nowadays is dirt cheap!!

• Like 2

GARMIN!!!!!!!

If budget no problem - nüvi® 3560LM SG/MY

http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/ontheroad/nuvi3560lm_sgmy/#specsTab

This come with free Life Time Map updates from Garmin

AFAIK - Beside the older model nüvi® 3790V SG/MY

This is the only Garmin model with a full VGA resolution screen 800 x 480 pixels

With the higher screen resolution, the map details are "crisp" and very pleasant to the eyes.

if you want with a video recorder get the nüvi® 2575RLM SG/MY.

LM stands for Life Time Map update.

I got it free from CnC and I sold it to a kaki here for $275 cos I prefer my higher screen resolution nüvi® 3790V SG/MY

http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/ontheroad/nuvi_2575rlm_sg_my/

If you want to buy used go over to MalSingMaps or MalfreeMaps or wait for a kaki here to sell.

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 3 weeks later...

why U wanna buy GPS when Ur IP3/4/5 and SIII or all smartphones got Map service???? Google map is already very advance... why still buy GPS??? just my 2C worth....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

If your phone to connect to Audio 2.0 or Command Online via bluetooth, the turn-by-turn instructions will be broadcast via the stereo speakers, disrupting the radio broadcast or music being played.

I find that somewhat irritating so still using my garmin.

Maybe I'm more of a plan early guy... always see how to get there before I move off... and I hardly go NS... so I don need it.... I do agree its a must if u always go up north. ...

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Google map is never good enough for Garmin as far as GPS is concerned.

I have an iPhone Google map but I still buy the Garmin app since the phone is always with me.

I've google map & NAV Fone on my iPhone & iPad.

GPS on my Comand but nothing can helps me in keying geographical co-ordinate to find some pop eating place esp in MY or Indon.

Or find favorites poi, transfer my favorites poi which I've collected over the years esp in MY. My fav Hokkien Mee in PJ, Auntie Koh Chendol out of Melaka, roast goose in KL

Map updates from MalFreeMaps bi-monthly with POI included, speed trap, speed cameras, sharp bends, blah blah blah :)

Think it's users like us that Garmin, Tom-Tom, Papago, etc still survive :)

Imho Singapore most of us don't really need a GPS maybe helpful for the occasional add search which I find the Comand good enough.

Cheers

If your phone to connect to Audio 2.0 or Command Online via bluetooth, the turn-by-turn instructions will be broadcast via the stereo speakers, disrupting the radio broadcast or music being played.

I find that somewhat irritating so still using my garmin.

I feel otherwise. The turn by turn instruction is very helpful. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone if a Singapore navigation map cd from C&C will work in a PI-imported E200 (2011 model)? The car came with European map loaded, and checked with c&c they told me their $2000 cd is not guaranteed would work. Anyone have similar situation and know if the Mercedes original cd will work for sure? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone if a Singapore navigation map cd from C&C will work in a PI-imported E200 (2011 model)? The car came with European map loaded, and checked with c&c they told me their $2000 cd is not guaranteed would work. Anyone have similar situation and know if the Mercedes original cd will work for sure? Thanks in advance!

Easy fix!

Call site sponsor camber53 aka Gregory - hp: 96880053

Cheers

Hi I called the number given and a woman answered saying wrong number. Please verify the number sgain. Thanks.

Oh my bad! Thousand apologies!

should be : 96680053

Just mentioned my name Unker Seah!

No worries! I dun get commission! :)

Cheers

Thanks a lot for the recommendation! Just spoke to Gregory he is great and knowledgeable and I looking forward to get it rectified. You deserve some commissions if there is any :)

My family will be starved to death....hahaha! :)

Just helping out the forumers here!

Keep us update!

Cheers

Mmm....wonder who is that lady of the wrong number?.....

Oops....101th.......hahaha...:)

Cheers