• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Reverse Sensor?

charmbear

Hi all

A new owner of a B160 and just discovered that the car doesn't come with a reverse sensor. :(

Has anyone installed it on their vehicle? What is the best option and where did you go?

I saw a few options online but I want to go to a reliable place that is familiar with Mercedes etc.

If anyone can also share how much they paid, I will be v grateful.

Thanks!
Charm

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome charm!! How come so charm u order one B class without reverse sensor? I thought is a standard? Is it from See&See??

Can I please clarify that those who have B160 (registered 2011) have reverse sensors?

You can ask for it from your SE as a freebies or get it installed before taking over the car. Who is yr SE?

Thanks everyone. I bought it from a 2nd hand dealer, quite a reputable one, and didn't realise there was no sensor until I took ownership of the car. I don't think any of his vehicles also had reverse sensors so I didn't see the difference.

I'm a first time Merc owner and I just assumed that it would come with all the "standards" as my usual cars. I had reverse sensors on my car like 10 years ago! 

I just rang C&C and the cost of installation is $7-800. I am wondering if anyone out there knows of an accessories shop that is familiar with Mercs that can do it for cheaper.

No more quips about my name please, I feel so sian already :( 

Thanks.

No need to go back to See&See since is not factory fitted. Most reputable workshop can do a decent job & u might want to add a reverse cam to your audio system. As mentioned MBM is one of them or look for our site sponsor for advise. Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. I bought it from a 2nd hand dealer, quite a reputable one, and didn't realise there was no sensor until I took ownership of the car. I don't think any of his vehicles also had reverse sensors so I didn't see the difference.

I'm a first time Merc owner and I just assumed that it would come with all the "standards" as my usual cars. I had reverse sensors on my car like 10 years ago! 

I just rang C&C and the cost of installation is $7-800. I am wondering if anyone out there knows of an accessories shop that is familiar with Mercs that can do it for cheaper.

No more quips about my name please, I feel so sian already :(

Thanks.

For cars without the original MB Parktronics,

CnC all along outsource their reverse sensor installation to

TOMO-CSE AUTOTRIM PTE LTD

Block 3018 Bedok North Street 5

#02-08 Eastlink Singapore 486132

Tel. +(65) 6445 5777

transparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.gif

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

For cars without the original MB Parktronics,

CnC all along outsource their reverse sensor installation to

TOMO-CSE AUTOTRIM PTE LTD

Block 3018 Bedok North Street 5

#02-08 Eastlink Singapore 486132

Tel. +(65) 6445 5777

transparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.gif

transparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.gif

Hi, can I check if a FL W204 AMG package rear bumper can be fitted with original MB rear sensors (not the OEM protruding type) ??

I was told that AMG bumper dont have sensor bracket holder to fit original sensors.

But I searched online on some FL W204 AMG package comes with neatly-fitted original rear sensors.. a little confused here.

Any advice? Tks.

transparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.gif

Hi, can I check if a FL W204 AMG package rear bumper can be fitted with original MB rear sensors (not the OEM protruding type) ??

I was told that AMG bumper dont have sensor bracket holder to fit original sensors.

But I searched online on some FL W204 AMG package comes with neatly-fitted original rear sensors.. a little confused here.

Any advice? Tks.

IMHO Original MB sensors work with the MB Parktronic system and will not likely work for after market reverse sensor system.

If your ride do not have Parktronic, there's no one in SG not even CnC will be able to retrofit Parktronics System for your ride.

For Reverse Sensors fitted by CnC are outsource to Tomo-CSE

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

IMHO Original MB sensors work with the MB Parktronic system and will not likely work for after market reverse sensor system.

If your ride do not have Parktronic, there's no one in SG not even CnC will be able to retrofit Parktronics System for your ride.

For Reverse Sensors fitted by CnC are outsource to Tomo-CSE

Thanks for the advice. I didnt knew abt MB parktronic system cos SE told me already installed with rear parking sensors.. :)