• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

I m New! and i have a very urgent and big dilemma. Pls help me out Asap

SnEeZIEz

Basically i have set my decision on c180 1.6 CGI from bmw 523 and audi A6.

C&C is going for $193,888 - 5k CEVS - 7k christmas overtrade. Final price is $181,888. however today is the last day for this offer before price increase by $4k.

I have another deal from my friend who is palleral importer. He offering $177,000 - 5k cevs = $172,000

Pros from C&C.

-Keyless Go.

-AMG body kit

-Avant grade with black and aluminum trims

-body Colour of my choice (RED)

Cons from C&C

-halogen head lights

-no electric seats

-ugly 17 inch rims

-Collection of car in feb

-3 yrs warranty from C&C

-unable to mod performance or more hassle to mod

Pros from PI

-electric seats

-able to change body colour to red @ $800

-collection of car start of jan

-5 years warranty from MBM

-Can mod with mbm and warranty not void

Unknow specs from PI

-Xenon head lights?

-additional features from factory?

Cons from PI

-No keyless go

-no bodykit

-4 spoke steering wheel (definitely have to change)

-elegance model with black interior trim

I m already thinking of modding my new car.

aesthetics mod first, like rims, grilles, headlight, window tint, taillight tint.

Performance mod should be later on.

So far my idea is to have a red body paint with glossy black roof and every other things will be matt black.

Any Bros can give advice or comments? really quite lost.

any help will be much appreciated... Thank you for your time and effort.

Non ideal world decision - rather than listing out everything decide what's important to you - what the deal breakers are and work it out from there - otherwise no end to the dilemma 

e.g. how critical is CnC warranty, how important is modding without voiding warranty, etc.

• Like 1

Vinyl Is Sexy!

Is there any trade in for this deal? If yes, who is offering you better pricing? For my case, PI couldnt meet my trade in price despite their model comes with AMG kit etc. As for See&See does not comes with AMG but able to offer me $20k to $30k higher. So end up i got it from See&See. I m a modder so aesthetic is never an issue for me. Just to share, till date only these popular features factory fitted :-

1) panaroof

2) keyless

3) xenon with ILS system

4) memory seat

5) Dynamic handling

The following can be locally modded

1) command

2) AMG bodykit with paddle shift

3) rims

4) grille

5) bonnet etc

If the PI can change leather seat means it is locally made and not from factory. Is this okay with u? Aparts from

this there are so many uncertainies!!

In short, getting from PI the saving less than $10k than dont bother after less yr trade in & buy price etc.

Good luck

• Like 3

Ehh sorry bros...I m back to being undecided.. After talking to the SE.. They are only going to take in my altis for 53k inclusive of 7k over trade...there for sticker price for c&c is 188,888...my dealer trade in offer at 51k..and he selling me 176k for the new c180... Effectively 12,888 differences

Tiger how come the earlier booking so slow in delivery?

Ehh sorry bros...I m back to being undecided.. After talking to the SE.. They are only going to take in my altis for 53k inclusive of 7k over trade...there for sticker price for c&c is 188,888...my dealer trade in offer at 51k..and he selling me 176k for the new c180... Effectively 12,888 differences

Toss a coin???

I am not familiar with the current c180 but the still can remember the c-class before the 1.6 came about. You mentioned for C&C AMG body kit. Is that just the kit or does it include after stuff like different steering wheel, lowered springs, front brake caliper with mercedes logo, amg rims?

If it's the AMG sports package, basically it narrows down your 12,888 to almost nothing as compared to the PI elegance model. Elegance model don't have xenon headlights, I believe.

Q for C&C depends on your specification and color. They will usually batch order a couple of 'popular' models for selling. So, it's a bit of luck, demand & supply.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Lolz go for See&See lah the saving will not be significance upon the time of selling!!

Dealer - PI or See&See

You - PI

Dealer - orh PI car hard to sell leh

You - sorri is from See&See

Dealer - so many on the road now, hard to sell too

You - Free u want?

Dealer - can consider, PI or See&See??

Then it comes down to if you think OMV means anything to you. If it is really a Avantgarde vs Elegance model, there will be a difference; Avantagarde higher. If you have intent to sell in the future, this is one consideration. 

Besides the above, your only consideration is as nightfly said "how critical is CnC warranty, how important is modding without voiding warranty." for the 12,888 difference.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

guys thank for the advice... black merc - actually able to sell or not in my consideration...because COE is gonna drop in 2-3 years. When COE drop to 35k,  new car price drop to maybe similar price as my selling at that point of time...

I m ready to drive this car for more than 5 years.

Btw my dealer friend found another deal, $180,000.

C180 CGI 1.6 turbo,

-full Memory seats

-Avant garde

-Sunroof

-Bi-xenon headlights

-Backseat Through-loading

-3 spokes steering wheel.

-too bad no keyless go..

I think 80% confirmed on this deal. :)

Tml go view car and and hopefully sign.

anyway will be making the final decision tml, and prepare myself for all the poison.

Based on the Information given and the Fact that you are upgrading from Toyota and Merc being yr first continental car. Strongly suggest you go with CnC for a pieces of mind.....what is 10K for good sleep for next 10 yrs or 5 yrs in yr case since you selling in 5 yrs!!!!!

Good Sleep - PRICELESS!!!!

Good Morning!!!! it 0741 hrs now

Good deal MTL!!! Yap buying a car is like getting the right gal to bed. Else, every now and then will nag at you. Ooi bor engine leh or tok tok tok sound in the suspension. Will show unhappiness during raining too like judder the wiper till you go mad. Dont play play!!

• Like 1

Btw my dealer friend found another deal, $180,000.

C180 CGI 1.6 turbo,

-full Memory seats

-Avant garde

-Sunroof

-Bi-xenon headlights

-Backseat Through-loading

-3 spokes steering wheel.

-too bad no keyless go..

I think 80% confirmed on this deal. :)

Tml go view car and and hopefully sign.

anyway will be making the final decision tml, and prepare myself for all the poison.

Gd choice, bro.

Ehh it's just the amg body kit and exo muffler...not a package...package is about 8k...

Haha black merc if it's so easy just to toss a coin I would have done it long ago...

Such a difficult decision...damn sian

Frankly.... 10k savings for PI cars... Is just not worth it.... Omv + ARF difference already $10k.... So why nots go C&C?.... I bought my PI E250 at 50K less than AD... That why I go PI... Would have chosen AD if its less than $20k.... Monthly difference is around $150 in installment... And most importantly which PI u buying from... Who do your warranty cover.... These are factors u must consider if u r buying PI... Not just $$$ alone.... If not u lose more if things go wrong.... Just my 2c worth....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

it is so different with ILS..it will be such a pity without the ILS if you have the option. Saw so many sedans overseas with ILS, just dont understand why CNC is not ordering sedan with ILS!!

Is all abt cost bro!! If they spec in those goodies how much can they sell to u? COE is already a pain in the neck for everyone but i still love PAP.

it is so different with ILS..it will be such a pity without the ILS if you have the option. Saw so many sedans overseas with ILS, just dont understand why CNC is not ordering sedan with ILS!!

The ILS will make the car cost $5300 more, not everyone will want to pay for a light.