• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

For all men who crawled in mud before!!! enjoy!! =)

WhiteMerc

Looks quite bulky. Not much experience with AR15 family in target shooting beyond SAF.

Yes, but it has been almost 10 years since I was at a range. I used to have a Sako TRG-42 for .338, AI for .300Winmag and Remington 700 for .308Win. The AI was a late edition that was meant for hunting and was seldom used. Started off with the 700 then went on to the TRG 42.

You?

My buddy uses the steyr and he says the .338 packs quite a wallop.

I used to go on trips to cull vermin with my friend on his parents farm and used a Benelli pump-action and we used number 6 rounds. In SG once in a while I head to the gun club to shoot clay.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Henry A. Kissinger

My buddy uses the steyr and he says the .338 packs quite a wallop.

I used to go on trips to cull vermin with my friend on his parents farm and used a Benelli pump-action and we used number 6 rounds. In SG once in a while I head to the gun club to shoot clay.

Expensive sport....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Expensive sport....

Actually not too bad - once you do the initial training and get your day licence, it works out to be pretty reasonable for subsequent visits. Wanna buy a gun also less than a set of 19"rims and tyres! should do an outing there, good way to kill a couple hours.

Henry A. Kissinger

Actually not too bad - once you do the initial training and get your day licence, it works out to be pretty reasonable for subsequent visits. Wanna buy a gun also less than a set of 19"rims and tyres! should do an outing there, good way to kill a couple hours.

IIRC... initial registration is $3K... and u are talking about original AMG rims+ tyres... wah bro... easily $5k leh.... that's why I say expensive sport... I do love guns...it's my dream since young to open a licensed gun shop in US.... But my Co loves $.. so she wont approve such spendings...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

I am not good with shot guns.

To say 338 packs a wallop is an understatement. As a chinese weighing only 68kg it was like getting kicked in the chest and having your head tossed around. Initially, my whole body will tense up in anticipation of the recoil but that's not the worse part. You never get used to the muzzle blast! I wear double ear protection for 338 and nobody wants to be beside a 338 shooter at the range. Apart from cost of ammunition (£6 a pop) the major limitation to shooting 338 is physical endurance. Still, it's helluva fun.

I've never really successfully stalked and hunted anything. I am very slow on my aim.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

To say 338 packs a wallop is an understatement. As a chinese weighing only 68kg it was like getting kicked in the chest and having your head tossed around. Initially, my whole body will tense up in anticipation of the recoil but that's not the worse part. You never get used to the muzzle blast! I wear double ear protection for 338 and nobody wants to be beside a 338 shooter at the range. Apart from cost of ammunition (£6 a pop) the major limitation to shooting 338 is physical endurance. Still, it's helluva fun.

I've never really successfully stalked and hunted anything. I am very slow on my aim.

.338 will basically turn u deaf... so i cannot understand why PPL shoot that in closed a range... its always in the desert... like my Snipers trainers used to say... if you can hear the shot.... you're not the target... and I am left handed... KNN they always say I'm crazy....

.338 will basically turn u deaf... so i cannot understand why PPL shoot that in closed a range... its always in the desert... like my Snipers trainers used to say... if you can hear the shot.... you're not the target... and I am left handed... KNN they always say I'm crazy....

Who the hell shoots 338 in a closed range? Are there even closed ranges that are that long?

At 700 yards, a 250 gr 338 round takes less than 1 sec to connect with target and sound takes 2 seconds to travel that distance.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

Who the hell shoots 338 in a closed range? Are there even closed ranges that are that long?

At 700 yards, a 250 gr 338 round takes less than 1 sec to connect with target and sound takes 2 seconds to travel that distance.

solli solli... not really closed... the shooting area is just like our range... but bigger... and longer...like 150yrd... the rest is plain open space... paiseh... last shot that type of ammo is around 20 yrs... memory no good... not enough vitamins...

IIRC... initial registration is $3K... and u are talking about original AMG rims+ tyres... wah bro... easily $5k leh.... that's why I say expensive sport... I do love guns...it's my dream since young to open a licensed gun shop in US.... But my Co loves $.. so she wont approve such spendings...

That's if you do a full membership. If you are infrequent, you can get day memberships, like $80 a day or something, including rental and some ammo. I think they sell the Beretta over-unders for 3k? so yes cheaper than new rims haha

Henry A. Kissinger

I can't say I'm any good with them either, just for the ease of access and the fun of it. We didn't really have to stalk - unless you call driving around on the back of a bright red Hilux stalking.

Henry A. Kissinger

I can't say I'm any good with them either, just for the ease of access and the fun of it. We didn't really have to stalk - unless you call driving around on the back of a bright red Hilux stalking.

You guys saw the new M134 Gatling minigun???? saw it 1 day... my new love...

Go for it! you have nothing to lose!

Ah girl ah... you know $80... Ah Bui me gotta sell how many eggs??? hahaha.... just joking... seriously... I'm tempted...

I would love to own a fully bespoked Holland & Holland. Super bling!

Not really into hunting guns... But really nice... u sure u wanna shoot with them??? abit wasted right?

Would love to... but in reality... not possible...I work eveyday and by the time I'm done working.... Range closed... Tanzy will shoot me... then nobody earn $ feed piglet... :hocky: :hocky: :hocky:

Would love to... but in reality... not possible...I work eveyday and by the time I'm done working.... Range closed... Tanzy will shoot me... then nobody earn $ feed piglet... :hocky: :hocky: :hocky:

Hmm... yeah a bit tough for you eh... hai...hopefully there'll be ONE day that you can set aside to do it. heh.

hehe Tanzy won't shoot you one la... he already say he slow...

piglet will understand la...

Hmm... yeah a bit tough for you eh... hai...hopefully there'll be ONE day that you can set aside to do it. heh.

hehe Tanzy won't shoot you one la... he already say he slow...

piglet will understand la...

that why I buy toto religiously.... hope to strike lah... then can employ PPL to help me... then I go soot rounds like crazy.... reservist finito liao... no more chance to touch rifle since...

reservist finito liao... no more chance to touch rifle since...

Wanna do for me? I'd be happy for someone to take over my slot :thumbsu: This year we had batallion field firing. SAF clearing all the old stock so shoot until scared.

Shotgun can do in a couple hours la, no need whole day.

Henry A. Kissinger

Wanna do for me? I'd be happy for someone to take over my slot :thumbsu: This year we had batallion field firing. SAF clearing all the old stock so shoot until scared.

Shotgun can do in a couple hours la, no need whole day.

hahaha... doubt they'll want me back... I'm not into shotguns but rifles... handguns... machineguns.... woopee!!! used to love GPMG... mounted onto UH1H... shoot until hand shake like crazy... go for lunch still shaking...

hahaha... doubt they'll want me back... I'm not into shotguns but rifles... handguns... machineguns.... woopee!!! used to love GPMG... mounted onto UH1H... shoot until hand shake like crazy... go for lunch still shaking...

haha.. yeah... i am 84MM... freaking heavy shit...