• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing at C&C or outside servicing center

Rayman

Best do it with C&C for newly used car purchase so as to sniff out the defects (if any).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Car is vibrating more and more as time goes by. Sent in my 2 1/2 year old B 180 for Servicing today. They say engine mounts wearing out but can either change now or next visit. They are charging $2K + vs outside with is 1/2 price. still under Warranty. Any recommendations.

• 3 weeks later...
Car is vibrating more and more as time goes by. Sent in my 2 1/2 year old B 180 for Servicing today. They say engine mounts wearing out but can either change now or next visit. They are charging $2K + vs outside with is 1/2 price. still under Warranty. Any recommendations.

I just changed my mounting by my mechanic. It cost me $550.00 included labour charge. But my warranty already over 10 months. For your case is better to go back to C&C cause under warranty.

Cheers.....

Ernest :)

If your ride is still under warranty and from C&C, replacement of the engine and gearbox mounting should be FOC if done at C&C... so, have a word with your SA and see what he/she has to say. I have no experience with PI cars so I can't give my input if that's the case. Heard rumors that PI car owners are required to put a $10k deposit if sent to C&C and no priority in servicing Q... I stand corrected, of coz.

Cheers!

• Like 1

If your ride is still under warranty and from C&C, replacement of the engine and gearbox mounting should be FOC if done at C&C... so, have a word with your SA and see what he/she has to say. I have no experience with PI cars so I can't give my input if that's the case. Heard rumors that PI car owners are required to put a $10k deposit if sent to C&C and no priority in servicing Q... I stand corrected, of coz.

Cheers!

just to share my experience.. just done last week under warranty, not PI.

cost wise, engine mounts FOC but gearbox mount is not.. about $17x for c-class.

my only peeve is to leave the car overnightS... mine was left ridiculously for 3 full days and 2 nights for such a 1/2-day job. 

imo, cnc has poor task and priority management. 

should have told me earlier not to leave the car there if they are already short-handed, or not ready to work on my car.

they could have taken the car in only when ready. i would have happily made another trip in again.

if not for warranty claims, i would have gone outside already. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers!

Car is not PI. But during the last service the SA said that engine mounts are under wear and tear parts. Therefore chargeable. ?!

Car is not PI. But during the last service the SA said that engine mounts are under wear and tear parts. Therefore chargeable. ?!

Granted engine mountings are considered wear & tear parts but the fact that the wear & tear happened within 100,000km or 3 yrs that means the parts are somewhat faulty.

May I suggest you call in the customer service hotline and ask a general question on the recommended engine mounting lifespan... mystery shopper style, if you know what I mean. You can reveal your ride type/model/YOM but don't disclose your VRN. And also, do call from a pte no. coz I understand from them there that they have caller ID and that's a major give away... they will then get your SA to call you, and you don't want that!  

After obtaining that info, if your ride is within the specs. you just learned about speak with your SA and highlight to him/her what you just found out from C&C CSO regarding the mounting lifespan and checkmate!!!

Good luck bro..

• 3 months later...

Actually it sounds rather absurd that only after 21/2 yrs the mounting is worn out. I juz got the new B200 and am feeling worried if this happens. My old car Opel vectra didnt give me this problem till I sold it after 6 yrs....

Cheers!

not a rumour. the adoption fee is 10k as written at the customer service counter.

cheersssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

last time i did my engine mounting at CnC when it was still under warranty... $800 per mount need replace 3....total after labor and gst $3000 well....that time mount is not under warranty....

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Actually it sounds rather absurd that only after 21/2 yrs the mounting is worn out. I juz got the new B200 and am feeling worried if this happens. My old car Opel vectra didnt give me this problem till I sold it after 6 yrs....

Not absurd bro. The lifespan of engine mounts is dependent on one's driving style. The harder you drive (high revs) and the harder you take corners...the shorter the lifespan. The engine is literally suspended by these 3 mounts (2 in front & 1 GB mount) which can be thrown about in corners & high revs.

not a rumour. the adoption fee is 10k as written at the customer service counter.

cheersssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Outch... that's insanely painful. Hope that's all there is to it.

Imagine despite having sacrificed $10k and yet no priority and beyond that no discounts on parts... an interesting "adoption" indeed yaaa???

Thanks for this thread.  Very informative.

Am going to C&C for my first appt on Monday. 

Thereafter, looking around in this forum to get good workshops.

2008 W245 Black with no mods yet.

B 170 in the East

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...