• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Doggie Owners OT here...

Red light district? Ok u walk home yourself then. I am more worried that you will bite my poodle lei

i ask my baby Schnauzer bite can le :D

btw how to potty train him .. going crazy clearing his poo and pee sia .. sigh .. tried the newspaper method and the ammonia drop also no use

i ask my baby Schnauzer bite can le :D

btw how to potty train him .. going crazy clearing his poo and pee sia .. sigh .. tried the newspaper method and the ammonia drop also no use

7 mths old still not trained?! It will be hard to break him out of the habit. I suggest back to BMT, put him in a play pen, if he pees on the newspaper/pee tray, praise him and let him out to play. If he misbehaves, send him back to be jail birdie again. Soon he will learn.

7 mths old still not trained?! It will be hard to break him out of the habit. I suggest back to BMT, put him in a play pen, if he pees on the newspaper/pee tray, praise him and let him out to play. If he misbehaves, send him back to be jail birdie again. Soon he will learn.

thats what the my pet shop tolds me too.. but i find him very poor thing inside so i always let him out .. sometimes he pee beside the pee tray in his playpen if not on his towel i put for him in his playpen -.- then sometimes if he poop inside the pee tray he dun want go pee inside.. is it normal? then i must buy 2 pee tray ah ? 1 for poo and 1 more pee?

Better train him now, if you dun, you will be the one suffer later! I cage my dog when he was a puppy, praise him when he do his business on the papers, whack him when he didn't. And he is train to wait for me to bring him down now...sometimes he lun until 12! But i'll bring gim down twice daily, morning and night.

You're dethpicable. 

Better train him now, if you dun, you will be the one suffer later! I cage my dog when he was a puppy, praise him when he do his business on the papers, whack him when he didn't. And he is train to wait for me to bring him down now...sometimes he lun until 12! But i'll bring gim down twice daily, morning and night.

oh ic .. ok.. how big is the newspaper u all place? does he pee and poo on the same newspaper? oh ya ! i just remember .. when i place newspaper.. he will eat it when im not looking at him ! last time he eat i scold him then he now wait till i not around he go eat/play the newspaper.. so im worried thats why change to pee tray .. btw i didnt starve him ah .. dunno why he go eat newspaper -.-

oh ic .. ok.. how big is the newspaper u all place? does he pee and poo on the same newspaper? oh ya ! i just remember .. when i place newspaper.. he will eat it when im not looking at him ! last time he eat i scold him then he now wait till i not around he go eat/play the newspaper.. so im worried thats why change to pee tray .. btw i didnt starve him ah .. dunno why he go eat newspaper -.-

newspaper size is about 1 spread...it is natural that they will avoid soiled areas, cos they love cleanliness! if he play with the papers, scold! Gotto keep doing it ya

Be persistent now, you will love the time spent with him later.

You're dethpicable. 

newspaper size is about 1 spread...it is natural that they will avoid soiled areas, cos they love cleanliness! if he play with the papers, scold! Gotto keep doing it ya

Be persistent now, you will love the time spent with him later.

ok.. am going to try it later.. but if 1 spread alr got poo or pee on .. lets say the center got poo at 1pm then i end work at 4pm he wun go pee on that spread of newspaper then how sia? 1 spread cannot poo + pee ah?

hehe david.... there's a unbreakable spell here that causes the content of every single thread to deviate from its original title.

its' normal... but fun right... LOL

hahaha paiseh la .. i think is always me starting to OT .. i ban myself from coming sgmerc liao lo.. its so addictive .. worst than weed

I'll split his area into 3...what i did actually

1. Kunning area with towel

2. Pooing/peeing area with newspaper

3. Playing area with toys

Slowly enlarge areas for him when he is doing well. Mine was from cage to balcony to kitchen to whole house. Once misbehave, go back straight to cage as punishment (just for hours to a day) but will scold and force him to smell his own poo first before dragging him back. He will give you that 'puss in boots' expression LOL!

As for changing the papers, ya, change when you sees it, praise and then change so he know the praise is for that poo on the papers.

Dogs will listening to their master, normally men cos our voice is deep and firm =) when its playtime, go all out and play with him!

*Me not pro ya, but have dogs since i was a child.

• Like 1

You're dethpicable. 

I'll split his area into 3...what i did actually

1. Kunning area with towel

2. Pooing/peeing area with newspaper

3. Playing area with toys

Slowly enlarge areas for him when he is doing well. Mine was from cage to balcony to kitchen to whole house. Once misbehave, go back straight to cage as punishment (just for hours to a day) but will scold and force him to smell his own poo first before dragging him back. He will give you that 'puss in boots' expression LOL!

As for changing the papers, ya, change when you sees it, praise and then change so he know the praise is for that poo on the papers.

Dogs will listening to their master, normally men cos our voice is deep and firm =) when its playtime, go all out and play with him!

*Me not pro ya, but have dogs since i was a child.

haha thanks man ! really very clear .. got it .. will try later .. pee tray top right , newspaper top left , play and kun in front(bottom left and right) . ya my dog always give me the puss in boots face.. then i very guility and let him out .. then he became dam naughty . LOL !!

wow... imo you all can start a sub interest group for dog-lovers :)

very comprehensive guide!

indeed :D ok .. we shall stop OT .. ima monitor first and see how it goes ;)

thats what the my pet shop tolds me too.. but i find him very poor thing inside so i always let him out .. sometimes he pee beside the pee tray in his playpen if not on his towel i put for him in his playpen -.- then sometimes if he poop inside the pee tray he dun want go pee inside.. is it normal? then i must buy 2 pee tray ah ? 1 for poo and 1 more pee?

Just realized my reply didnt come thru. If you are soft hearted then be prepared to clean up the mess for the next 15 years or so lor.

If the play pen is too small to accommodate him, can consider confining him in the kitchen. Make sure he has ample newspapers/pee tray. No one likes to step on dirty newspapers. My doggie splits the newspaper into 4 quadrants so that she has 4 spots to use and doesn't have to dirty her paws. Smart dog right?

If your dog is eating his poop, he may not be getting enough nutrients. Try changing to a better quality kibbles.

I just give my girl a centerfold of newspapers. Her 4 quadrants have to last till I get back home from work. She was toilet trained in 3 days but she went thru a rebellious stage at around 4 months old, kept peeing in the living room even tho she knows where she is supposed to do her toileting. Before I could send her back to jail, she auto went to sit inside her playpen while I was still scolding. Grrr

• Like 1

...see u guys toking abt dogs...I so gian...;)... Dogs realli make best Frds....so loyal , always 4gives, still loves us even though we bad mood la...bad day la...grouchy la...PMS la...etc etc..

...but no courage 2 have anymore ...I have had 2...when my last Yorkshire Terrier was gone...

...Tink I died too...;(... Devasted is an understatement....

...see u guys toking abt dogs...I so gian...;)... Dogs realli make best Frds....so loyal , always 4gives, still loves us even though we bad mood la...bad day la...grouchy la...PMS la...etc etc..

...but no courage 2 have anymore ...I have had 2...when my last Yorkshire Terrier was gone...

...Tink I died too...;(... Devasted is an understatement....

Agree... my cat was a stray at my block until it found me at my doorstep some 11 floors up... it just walked into my home and stayed for 8 yrs.. when it died of old age..we all cried...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill