• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Old but new

Hi,

I used to have an account with SGMERC, as I was rather inactive, I cant seem to log on to the forum anymore. ( Somehow my username and password is not recognised)

I recently took the plunge and ordered myself a W212 E200 CGI

Delivery in Nov/ Dec.

Hope to rekindle with Mercedes again after been driving a Beemer for the last 6-7 years or so.

My last ride 2011 F10 523i

Best regards

Ck

thanks guys

Well, lets put it this way,

I am the sort of person who get bored of my cars easily.

So far, the longest ownership of my 12 years driving experience is 4 years with e46 CI in UK.

I bought the F10 523i Last year from PI.

Love the looks and the ride of smooth IL6.

Had some issues with the PI, poor services and swear to god I would not like to deal with them anymore, especially after TWM shut down

the sense of being an unwanted child after paying 200k for a car is building up on me as days goes by.

Also the warranty issues, the resale of PI car ( Though was 40k Savings from the begining against PML car). things seem uncertain .

Otherwise car was good and I had done up the cars like most bmw guys did, tint, bodykit, 20 inch wheels, lowered etc etc.

I started scouting for a replacement, wanted the 535I as I was sold by the design of the 5, then checked out the W221 S class, W207 CLS etc etc..

At the end, either the replacement is too expensive or not as good as I thought....

til My friend who were interested in the W212, I test drove it, though is not as smooth as the IL6 engines, but decent poke and ride better ( compared to my 20 inch and lowered 5), less rattles and the car does looks sporty with the AMG kit and sport edition.

After all, I am only driving the car in Singapore, there is not a need for high capacity engine for my need. All I need is a relax comfortable cruiser to ease my 50km journey to and from work daily.

and I reckon the fuel and road tax saving plus higher OMV will be a better bet at this moment.

With the discount, Overtrade, freebies, and also the "feel" of buying from AD, I went ahead for the deal

• Like 1

ok.. will do when I finally collect the car.

By the way, I went for Culprite Brown with Black interior

Nice combinations!

Welcome back from the dark side!!! :)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Wow... The goose...remembered for his 2 US open win.... But best memory would be the way he lost the 2005 US Open... But he's a great guy... Hardly see him melt under pressure...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 1 month later...

Collected my car yesterday

good all rounder vehicle but defintely not as smooth as the IL6 of the f10.

Pick up decent but very faint turbo lag at the begining but soon pick up speed as you floor the accelerator.

Good point: seems like a better build car.. solid thud sound on closing the door, F10 is aluminium hence light

fit and finishing is comparable

the ride is really comfortable, wind noise minimum but the tyres a bit noisy, probably need sometime to run in- car only done 100km so far.

Still cant swallow that such premium doesnt come with Xenon light. Will be heading to sonic tomorrow to get one installed.

thats it for now.

enjoying the car