• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Without change gear consult workshop

2016B180

Got warning light after start engine early in the morning. 

Went to Eunos workshop the usual long wait and after an hour I asked why and how long have to wait and was told that I am walk in without appointment so have to wait till they served people with appointment then will be my turn. Wts. How the hell to make appt for sudden warning light appeared and ask to go workshop????  Sent car in at 9am need to sit there and wait till 5pm since their appt is full for the day??? 

Anyway Cnc workshop yet to give me good impression for their service.

Advisor called up around 3pm to ask for my car log card and my nric to order parts from Germany! Min. 4 to 5 days in workshop. This is really my 1st, order parts need original owner detail particulars . Not sure anyone encounter before. 

20181109_080321.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

04/2016 register but was produce in 2015. Not sure what is the problem. Cannot hear the advisor properly. Mind gone chaos after heard him 5 days downtime. 

Did not ask for any replacement car. I doubt they will give and should be giving all sort of excuses gene ask for it. Sick of arguing.

4 hours ago, 2016B180 said:

04/2016 register but was produce in 2015. Not sure what is the problem. Cannot hear the advisor properly. Mind gone chaos after heard him 5 days downtime. 

Did not ask for any replacement car. I doubt they will give and should be giving all sort of excuses gene ask for it. Sick of arguing.

If under warranty should try ask for replacement car or taxi vouchers. 

My guess is sg traffic start stop cause the gearbox to fail easily... 

whats ur mileage? Think mine had the issue around 40k to 50k range. 

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I drive the A180, 2016 model and encountered the “Reverse not poss. Consult Workshop” error which was gone after restarting car for multiple times. After an hour, I got “Without changing gear, consult workshop” error when stopped at a traffic light. I was stuck at P and N gear, at the centre of the main road and was unable to move to a less obstructing area. Car was towed to the workshop now. The tow truck driver while consoling me told me I can move the car with N gear. Is that true ? 

Anyone had similar experiences ? Appreciate sharing on what could possibly happened. Many Thanks ! 

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2020 at 5:29 PM, Angel-A180 said:

Hi All,

I drive the A180, 2016 model and encountered the “Reverse not poss. Consult Workshop” error which was gone after restarting car for multiple times. After an hour, I got “Without changing gear, consult workshop” error when stopped at a traffic light. I was stuck at P and N gear, at the centre of the main road and was unable to move to a less obstructing area. Car was towed to the workshop now. The tow truck driver while consoling me told me I can move the car with N gear. Is that true ? 

Anyone had similar experiences ? Appreciate sharing on what could possibly happened. Many Thanks ! 

Hi, 

Did you solve your problem and what's the cause? Can you share your experience?