SQ88

Map Pilot for W205

12 posts in this topic

I know this topic has been discussed many times before. 

I opted to not get the Map Pilot from C&C when buying my car because they wanted $2000 for it. Was quite content to use my phone for GPS until I chanced upon a thread on MBWorld. https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253/651040-navigation-card-audio-20-a.html

Apparently you can just buy the SD card off Ebay (US$150 for South East Asia map) and stick it into the SD card slot as long as the car says "no SD card inserted" when you press on the Nav button? 

Is anyone willing to lend me their SD card to test on my car before I buy or are SD cards tagged to one car only?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once used, the card is tagged to car and cannot use in another car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2018 at 2:41 PM, gonegolf said:

Once used, the card is tagged to car and cannot use in another car

Thanks so much for letting me know. 

On 4/9/2018 at 2:12 PM, MapleeLeaf said:

Can this work with W205?  
 

Manufacturer Part Number:    A 218 906 66 02    Compatible Brand:    Audio 20 CD Navi system


https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Mercedes-South-East-Asia-V4-SD-Card-Garmin-Map-Pilot-Malaysia-Singapore-Vietnam/253519071879?hash=item3b06ea0a87:g:uqIAAOSwD29Z5MqZ

 

Get the V5 version. I didn't get from this seller because his Paypal was not working but I think it should work with the car. I got from another seller online (can PM me for details) at $400 inclusive of shipping. It's more expensive than the eBay option but I received the latest 2018 V6.0 SouthEast Asia maps from him. Works great in my car and looks similar to the map in Widescreen W213. 

Only thing is that it's not as user friendly as I hoped. When searching from address, you need to input "Town" first before house number and then street name or use postal code to search. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those interested in purchasing an SD card for Navigation can use this website ensure that your car has been pre-configured for Garmin Map Pilot. http://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/mercedes/vin_check

Input your Chassis Number into the search field and ensure that the following has been optioned before purchasing the SD card. 

270 GPS Antenna

355 Preinstallation for Navigation Retrofitting

522 Audio 20 Radio Navigation Capable NTG5

Also ensure that your centre storage compartment has an SD card slot (on the left of the USB slot). 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2018 at 3:00 PM, SQ88 said:

Those interested in purchasing an SD card for Navigation can use this website ensure that your car has been pre-configured for Garmin Map Pilot. http://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/mercedes/vin_check

Input your Chassis Number into the search field and ensure that the following has been optioned before purchasing the SD card. 

270 GPS Antenna

355 Preinstallation for Navigation Retrofitting

522 Audio 20 Radio Navigation Capable NTG5

Also ensure that your centre storage compartment has an SD card slot (on the left of the USB slot). 

2

i only got 1 line is it possible to buy the SD card?

522 Audio 20 Radio Navigation Capable NTG5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 3:29 AM, Jensen Teo said:

i only got 1 line is it possible to buy the SD card?

522 Audio 20 Radio Navigation Capable NTG5

I got mine at below $500 in Singapore.  Original Merc Garmin SD; can activate.

Test:  Press the "Navi" button on your dashboard.  If it says something like SD Card missing, it means your car is GPS-ready.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 10:00 PM, MapleLeaf said:

I got mine at below $500 in Singapore.  Original Merc Garmin SD; can activate.

Test:  Press the "Navi" button on your dashboard.  If it says something like SD Card missing, it means your car is GPS-ready.

 

What if i pressed the Navi button and it says nothing..... how can I get the navigation function working?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Babolat said:

What if i pressed the Navi button and it says nothing..... how can I get the navigation function working?

Actually the map not as good compared to Google or Waze. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 4:42 PM, Babolat said:

What if i pressed the Navi button and it says nothing..... how can I get the navigation function working?

 

Pls see my PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 8:13 PM, darksaint said:

Actually the map not as good compared to Google or Waze. 

Fully Agree.  Lucky my "investment" on the SD Card was only $450, not C&C $2000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 6:08 PM, MapleLeaf said:

 

Pls see my PM

Thanks Bro...Sorry if I have mislead you, my ride also a W205, not CLK200 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now