VRAtenza

flared fenders
GLC SUV Rear Flared Fenders Installation Instructions.

69 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Finally got down to installation of the H&R 25mm Spacers. 

20170828_193358-picsayX.thumb.jpg.c365ae4e42a303cf30da9f0535fe2b83.jpg

Much better stance. Most importantly improve the cornering and lateral stability. 

Will post up the DIY steps later once I have time to sort out the pictures. 

Nice! Will that increase the turning radius of the car? I heard the further out the wheel, the bigger the turning radius. Any significant increase in rear road noise?

13 hours ago, Dcky75 said:

Nice! Will that increase the turning radius of the car? I heard the further out the wheel, the bigger the turning radius. Any significant increase in rear road noise?

Not appreciably.  

i tried my usual usual U-turns as well as my parent's place MSCP tight up and downslope turns, exactly how I had been driving previously.

The track increase of 25mm each side is chosen because I know for a fact that coupe's staggered 19" AMG rear rims are 9" wide with ET20, based on calculation, I have 25 to 30mm room to push out the wheels if i want to remain within factory specs of the staggered 19" rims.

20/ 21" staggered AMG rims are rolling around with even wider tracks without problem. Especially the rear. 

Rear road noise not higher because the tire width remains the same at 235mm and the contact patch is the same. 

why not push out till 35mm... even nicer right? but will need longer bolts for that....

6 hours ago, Michaeltoh said:

why not push out till 35mm... even nicer right? but will need longer bolts for that....

To be frank....this is the first time I am putting spacers and by myself.

So, being a bit conservative here when I decided on the 25mm. Just want the rear to not look so "tucked-in" ....quite an eyesore between my rear fender flare installation and the spacer installation. If I want even more aggressive,  I would have gone for 20/21" staggered rims for the ultimate aggressive stance

For the H&R spacer system I used, the spacer bolts to the existing wheel hub with it's set of 5 bolts. The rim is then bolted on to the spacer's reinforced bolt holes. No need for extra length bolts.

When I put up the installation pictures it will be clearer.

14 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

To be frank....this is the first time I am putting spacers and by myself.

So, being a bit conservative here when I decided on the 25mm. Just want the rear to not look so "tucked-in" ....quite an eyesore between my rear fender flare installation and the spacer installation. If I want even more aggressive,  I would have gone for 20/21" staggered rims for the ultimate aggressive stance

For the H&R spacer system I used, the spacer bolts to the existing wheel hub with it's set of 5 bolts. The rim is then bolted on to the spacer's reinforced bolt holes. No need for extra length bolts.

When I put up the installation pictures it will be clearer.

This H&R spacer system is the preferred one since it is bolted separately to the hub and not using the longer bolts. It makes changing tire easier too. How much it cost you bro?

About SGD200 with shipping from German Ebay seller. Delivered via DHL. 

20170826_180258-picsay.thumb.jpg.40ae9b614bf53fa062c1f73821ffc02b.jpg

Very well made, high quality stuff. Fits to the original hub like a glove. 

20170830_084252-picsay.thumb.jpg.d6bb7719bf33ccdc6a151b457085636d.jpg

Rear quarter view of the final look after spacers installed. 

2 people like this

43 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Looks great! What is your tire width? 

Thanks, width is 19" non-staggered 235

On 12/08/2017 at 3:21 PM, VRAtenza said:

Screenshot_20170812-151413.thumb.jpg.df36ce54c79bff988806ebf0f0772c67.jpg

Choose this option. The option wordings within the bracket means can choose from 2 colours (silver/piano black) and from camera mounting/non-camera mounting. 

When checking out, you have to leave message to the seller to specify what combination you want, if not the seller will try to message you with regards to your choice.

The Diamond Grill cost about SGD300??

4 minutes ago, Benson said:

The Diamond Grill cost about SGD300??

There abouts. 

Benson I paid $390 with shipping. Got it when Ezybuy has free agent fee and 15% discount on shipping. My grill and 3D logo are bought separately from the same supplier. Cost a bit more. Just the grill is $218. 3D logo is $122. Hope this helps. 

438D915D-6C20-46BA-9932-79F2B76A57EE.jpeg

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Dcky75 said:

Benson I paid $390 with shipping. Got it when Ezybuy has free agent fee and 15% discount on shipping. My grill and 3D logo are bought separately from the same supplier. Cost a bit more. Just the grill is $218. 3D logo is $122. Hope this helps. 

438D915D-6C20-46BA-9932-79F2B76A57EE.jpeg

Can PM me the link? Thank you very much 😬

Hi VRAtenza, can share where & how much you bought the rear flared fenders? 

Be very careful with your rear flared fenders as it cracked easily... 

20180123_180039.jpg

How it broke? It’s clip slot and double side tape. Very secure....unless u pull it out.

Yup, itchy backside, retrofit blind spot assist, need to install sensors inside rear bumper