• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

///AMG Engraved CF Gear Shift

Darkseid

Hi guys sorry i posted this earlier in the wrong forum. My apologies, as i am new here.

One of my friends is selling his w204 CClass and cancelled his order so i have a spare BNIB ///AMG Engraved CF Gear Shift. I am trying to attach pixs of the gear shift.

It will fit all standard W204 Cclass 7Gtronic automatic gears. I have installed this on my ride too. Its quite unique as this ///AMG Engraved CF shift is only available via direct import from the US. I had to order online and ship it from the US. You cannot get this locally here. I know because i tried and there were no local merchants selling this here.

I am asking for price in the region of SGD300 (negotiable) as i also incurred first class shipping costs.

Pls PM or msg me if you are interested. I have the knob in the box available and you can also see it on my ride.

thanks heaps

post-6666-0-95677500-1429090914_thumb.jpg

post-6666-0-50871000-1429090959_thumb.jpg

post-6666-0-94698300-1429091021_thumb.jpg

as far as I know

this is not W204 shifter

the design is not even for this era of Mercedes

it looks like some aftermarket W203 shifter that made its way to the W204

simple google and will find this is for W203 and is asking mere Half of what seller is asking!

http://www.formymercedes.com/mb_results.asp?model=W203&class=c-class_w203&category=Shift Knobs

Hi I have fitted this shifter on my W204. As stated it is a OEM CF shifter.   I just wish you research the product accurately before making such negative comments.

The prices quoted on that website are in USD, and excludes taxes and shipping costs.

You can of cause choose to order direct from that website and take payment and delivery risk and pay for shipping and tax on top of the quoted price. You also take the risk that the knob may not fit your ride. 

For other interested buyers who buy from me, they do not have to take such risks, the shift is with me and i can also show you the same shift installed on my ride. I am also prepared to accept bids below SGD300/- 

I will entertain all friendly queries from any of the brothers but hope that we can keep our discussion pleasant and amicable.  

as far as I know

this is not W204 shifter

simple google and will find this is for W203 and is asking mere Half of what seller is asking!

http://www.formymercedes.com/mb_results.asp?model=W203&class=c-class_w203&category=Shift Knobs

• Like 1

As regards your claim that the website is asking for half of what I proposed, pls see this website which is taken from your own source.

http://www.formymercedes.com/mb_results.asp?model=W204&class=c-class_w204&category=Shift Knobs

The list price of the CF Knob is USD149.  This is before taxes and shipping and engraving.  Even at USD149,  at current USD-SGD exrate of 1.36,  this is approx. SGD200.  And this is before tax, shipping and engraving.

I had proposed SGD300, and you can see that this is no where near double the cost price of the product.  I have also stated that I am willing to consider lower bids which are reasonable from genuine buyers.

If you also researched the website you will see for your self that the CF Knob is found under the accessories for W204s.

http://www.formymercedes.com/c-class_w204_Sedan.asp

I have also stated that I have fitted this same knob on my w204 ride.  And I can show genuine buyers the actual knob on my ride when they pick it up from me.

Once again I do hope that we can conduct dialogue fairly and amicably and avoid making groundless and unsubstantiated claims.

thank you

as far as I know

this is not W204 shifter

Hi Blackmercs, no the posted pics are not taken from my ride. I just installed the knob so I do not have any picsa yet. But I can whattsapp to you the pics for my ride tomorrow.  They look the same as the posted pics.

You can also view the actual knob as its installed on my ride. 

I can also recommend you to a workshop that does the installation for you for SGD50.  Its a quick and easy fit. 

If you are a genuine buyer you can PM me your offer price and I will take up separate discussions with you.

This tread has gotten off to a dreadfull start.

thank you

The attached pics is your ride?

I merely made a statement in a public forum to state this is not OEM for W204

if one knows Mercedes enough. I believed most do since we are in a Mercedes Forum

one can easily tell the design is for Pre facelift W203

and by looking at the picture and also the link that I googled. this is by no means OEM Mercedes product

somehow it was just made to be able to fix in a W204, which for seller. he had fitted in his own car

for your price, you can ask what ever you want

and even buying brand new it is still cheaper than 300sgd

Retiefgoosen, I believe i already factually answered all your false and unsubstantiated claims.  It is very easy to sit back and churn out comments without going the added mile of providing grounds and substance.

1) Your own website source has confirmed the knob is fitted for w204s and

2) I have fitted it also on my ride.

3) You also state that you can get the same AMG CF gear shift for half my price (at SGD150 and below).  Please provide proof for all of the brothers as your own website shows the listed price for the CF Knob is USD149.  And this is before shipping, taxes and engraving.

Please educate the rest of us with your infinite wisdom as to where you can get the same CF Gear shift at half the price here in Singapore.

Finally for the rest of genuine buyers pls do note that i am flexible on my pricing. When you buy from me direct you buy from a bro who is located in singapore, who has actually seen and used and installed the product as a end user.  The following risks will accrue when you buy from overseas sellers online;

1) Payment Risk;

2) Product Delivery Risk;

3) Shipping Risk;  This is different from 2) above as this alludes to damage of the product during the shipping phase

4) Installation Risk:  That the knob cannot fit your ride.

5) Product quality and defects

These risks are mitigated if you buy from me. You can see the actual product for your self before you make payment.  It is COD so there is no delivery risks. I can recomend you a workshop that will install the shift for you. It is as close as you can get to a problem free purchase.

As there is an obvious sabateur in this tread who, for reasons unbeknownst to me, is set on sabotaging this tread, please send me your requests personally and privately on PM. 

I am also seeking the moderators assistance and have lodged a report as it is simply irresponsible to permit such unsubstantiated and false claims to persist.

THANK YOU

I merely made a statement in a public forum to state this is not OEM for W204

if one knows Mercedes enough. I believed most do since we are in a Mercedes Forum

one can easily tell the design is for Pre facelift W203

and by looking at the picture and also the link that I googled. this is by no means OEM Mercedes product

somehow it was just made to be able to fix in a W204, which for seller. he had fitted in his own car

for your price, you can ask what ever you want

and even buying brand new it is still cheaper than 300sgd

Hi Blackmercs pls see attached pic of the knob installed on my ride. You can also see it for yourself when you come and collect the knob if you are buying. See first, pay later only if you are satisfied, no obligations.

I also attach pixs of the new Shift out of the box.

Pls PM me if you have further questions.

post-6666-0-09490400-1429158331_thumb.jpg

post-6666-0-22407600-1429158368_thumb.jpg

post-6666-0-96320800-1429158426_thumb.jpg

post-6666-0-06056000-1429158463_thumb.jpg

post-6666-0-68457700-1429158519_thumb.jpg

Would love to see BM fit this on his ride...as for TS.... This is a forum... members are allowed to comment on what they think is right... and judging from the fact that your first post is already a WTS... I really doubt your intention?

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

The comments made above were groundless and were rebutted by retiefgoosen own website sources.  I have looked into the links myself. You can see for your self too

Comments and assertions made especially when they bring into doubt the product price and fitment should be substantiated and made on informed grounds.

And yes, i do not hide the fact that i do intend to sell this knob.  This is my intention. 

Would love to see BM fit this on his ride...as for TS.... This is a forum... members are allowed to comment on what they think is right... and judging from the fact that your first post is already a WTS... I really doubt your intention?

Hi guys sorry i posted this earlier in the wrong forum. My apologies, as i am new here.

One of my friends is selling his w204 CClass and cancelled his order so i have a spare BNIB AMG OEM CF Gear Shift. I am trying to attach pixs of the gear shift.

It will fit all standard W204 Cclass 7Gtronic automatic gears. I have installed this on my ride too. Its quite unique as this OEM AMG shift is only available via direct import from the US. I had to order online and ship it from the US. You cannot get this locally here. I know because i tried and there were no local merchants selling this here.

I am asking for price in the region of SGD300 (negotiable) as i also incurred first class shipping costs.

Pls PM or msg me if you are interested. I have the knob in the box available and you can also see it on my ride.

thanks heaps

The description is misleading and rather ambiguous. It is pretty obvious to anyone reading it that you are alluding to an AMG OEM product for the W204 which quite clearly does not resemble a W204 knob.

Might I suggest you reword your description to avoid further conflict. 

Responsible community members have every right to raise the alarm. 

• Like 1

Chill guys. I'm guessing retiefgoosen's post was meant to clarify that the shift knob you're trying to sell is NOT AMG OEM. What you're trying to sell is a CF shift knob that can fit both W203 and W204 with the AMG logo marked on it. This is very different from selling an AMG OEM shift knob. Thus his first alarm bell was raised.

His second alarm bell was raised when your asking price was more expensive than what is available online. This doesn't mean you cannot sell it at $300 here. Neither does this mean he cannot say you're selling more expensive than what's available online. End of the day - willing seller willing buyer. We respect that.

When retiefgoosen commented that you're selling more expensive than what's available online, you are entitled to two courses of action - retain and continue asking for $300 or lower your selling price. Either way, your wish. We don't have a rule here that states you have to sell your items all at market price or discounted market price. 

Hope that clarifies and the hell fire dies.

I have stated very clearly that it is a AMG OEM Gear Shift.  This is mentioned several times.  And it will fit W204 sedans.

The word OEM is in there several times.

It is not correct to state it is not a w204 knob as this implies it does not fit W204 sedans.

Hi there Odessus thank you for stepping in.  Let me cut and paste what retiefgoosen posted as this is writing on the wall;

"simple google and will find this is for W203 and is asking mere Half of what seller is asking!"

I can assure you this is not only wrong but factually misleading. If you take the trouble to visit his online source you will see the cost price listed is already USD149/- which exceeds SGD200.  I also incurred shipping, tax and engraving costs.

He also stated:  "even buying brand new it is still cheaper than 300sgd"
In all fairness since he also states he can get the same knob at a cheaper price, i would like him to show me his supplier.  This is a genuine and fair question. And i am still waiting for his reply.

Since i gather that there is now unhappiness over my product description and the OEM nature of the knob, do let me know how you want me to describe the product and i will amend the subject header. For the record i have mentioned several times it is an OEM knob with ///AMG engravings

BTW how do i amend the subject header pls? 

Chill guys. I'm guessing retiefgoosen's post was meant to clarify that the shift knob you're trying to sell is NOT AMG OEM. What you're trying to sell is a CF shift knob that can fit both W203 and W204 with the AMG logo marked on it. This is very different from selling an AMG OEM shift knob. Thus his first alarm bell was raised.

His second alarm bell was raised when your asking price was more expensive than what is available online. This doesn't mean you cannot sell it at $300 here. Neither does this mean he cannot say you're selling more expensive than what's available online. End of the day - willing seller willing buyer. We respect that.

When retiefgoosen commented that you're selling more expensive than what's available online, you are entitled to two courses of action - retain and continue asking for $300 or lower your selling price. Either way, your wish. We don't have a rule here that states you have to sell your items all at market price or discounted market price. 

Hope that clarifies and the hell fire dies.

I have stated very clearly that it is a AMG OEM Gear Shift. This is mentioned several times. And it will fit W204 sedans.

The word OEM is in there several times.

It is not correct to state it is not a w204 knob as this implies it does not fit W204 sedans.

To clarify:

You used the words OEM (ORIGINAL equipment manufacturer) too many times and that's the problem. This isn't an OEM gear knob, and is clearly an aftermarket product therefore flags were raised. Believe me when I say members here know how the originally manufactured AMG gear knob looks like. Here's an example:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/131025262431?_mwBanner=1

If you did not use the word OEM, there probably won't be any conflict.

Price wise, willing buyer willing seller!

Happy selling!

Er what do u suggest?  I now gather it is reference to OEM that caused the confusion.  So remove reference to OEM?

I want to state that this still does not defray from my earlier postings on the product price and fitment.

Anyway as you can see, a sale is almost impossible now.

What would you like to amend your topic to? We can assist.

Relax lah.. weather already so hot... why make the forum hot too??? Lai lai lai.. lah Kopi.... my treat...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

For what its worth can you amend subject header and title of the tread to "///AMG Engraved CF Gear Shift"

I made similar amendments in my opening posts.

I doubt that the flaks will stop here but lets see what other flames this will fan

THANK YOU

What would you like to amend your topic to? We can assist.

to make things clear

I don't think I was here to sabotage anyone

TS first post is to sell something that is misleading; which few forumers had pointed out

OEM AMG for W204. which is wrong

I mentioned simple google search will result and states this is not the real AMG knob

and the design is of W203 pre facelift version

Of course the pricing. whether is usd or sgd, whether it is exact 50% off his asking 300 sgd is irrelevant to me.

it is just more than what the internet is asking for.

I don't own the website I linked. I wasn't gonna proof to anyone that I will be able to buy at 150 sgd.

like many says: willing buyer willing seller

I have been in the forum for years and though I might not be most active person here, but I will not be the one to cause so much stir up or going about to sabo ppl

I am sure many other forumers have seen some members coming in to the forum and trying to sell things with a high marked up price

it is natural instinct for one to explain the truth that this is not the OEM W204 item.

• Like 2

Make things clear?  Not about price? Whether 50% off is irrelevant to u?

I cut and paste:

"simple google and will find this is for W203 and is asking mere Half of what seller is asking!"

"even buying brand new it is still cheaper than 300sgd"

Are u even comparing the same knob?

Cut the bs and man up, your writing is on the wall. At least i have the balls to amend this tread.

Anyways u already suceeded in laying waste to this sale so i guess u should be congratulated.

WELL DONE BRO WELL DONE. 

to make things clear

I don't think I was here to sabotage anyone

TS first post is to sell something that is misleading; which few forumers had pointed out

OEM AMG for W204. which is wrong

I mentioned simple google search will result and states this is not the real AMG knob

and the design is of W203 pre facelift version

Of course the pricing. whether is usd or sgd, whether it is exact 50% off his asking 300 sgd is irrelevant to me.

it is just more than what the internet is asking for.

I don't own the website I linked. I wasn't gonna proof to anyone that I will be able to buy at 150 sgd.

like many says: willing buyer willing seller

I have been in the forum for years and though I might not be most active person here, but I will not be the one to cause so much stir up or going about to sabo ppl

I am sure many other forumers have seen some members coming in to the forum and trying to sell things with a high marked up price

it is natural instinct for one to explain the truth that this is not the OEM W204 item.