• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Wiper squeal

colrc

all wipers are the same be it Mercedes or jdm ride.

my merc wiper is pretty good nick, no sound and operated smoothly

the lexus one is due for a change so I thought, why not since plenty of 2b pencils around in office

I guess is the same principal where ppl use news paper to wipe clean the window

is the lead or carbon that cleans out the oil smudge on the windscreen that makes it clear

anyone try to use 2b pencil to brush on the rubber tip of the wiper. works quite well..

previously saw it on a facebook page and i applied it on my lexus.

but if wiper is old and rubber is harden and broke off, better still change a new one.

clear visibility is also a key safety feature

pencil doesn't last.. tried. =)

Rain-X cause wiper judder ......

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

I used to have this issue too....  changed my wiper from C&C 3 times, tried all kind of solution, wiping method but the problem came back after a while.

I gave up finally and few months ago I replaced my wiper at autobac for a cheap $30 / pair wiper.   Haha... since then no more squeazing.... should have change to a cheap wiper earlier..

• Like 1

oooohh i thought you changed the refill only... that will be 2 red colour notes..

this whole set need 2 blue notes or 3?

i also hope they had only the refill... cos i use tat for another ride..

4 blues still got change. that was like 1.5yrs + ago. when w204 fl just came out that time...

same issue as u guys, i think 15k servicing i tell cnc liao... cnc change new wiper for mi free. tell mi they polish my windscreen etc.. etc...

think a mth later also same issue...

sua la... buy the piaa la. happily until now...

perhaps due to conditions too, i think 95% my ride is under no shelter one.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

i'm replying again to this thread for the benefits of concern pple of the stupid effects of the wipers that casue jerking effects..

like all bro and sis... felt quite shit feeling over this... but that was 3yrs ago..

went for PIAA silicon wiper, problem solve.. it last me for the past 3yrs. =)

price was like $160-180 that time, only Autobacs carry. BUT... understand due to price wise.. not every bro and sis willing to spend that type of money on a pair of wipers. For me I think is money well spent.

i'm here to provide a alternative solution, after 3 yrs, I just change my piaa to a new silicon wiper.. but troublesome thing is Singapore never sell...

price wise, it's about the price of ORIGINAL MB wiper cost frm golden link... about $80-100 bucks.

u can buy frm here..

the first link for universal clip.

http://www.amazon.com/Silblade-UB124-Hybrid-Silicone-Wiper/dp/B00464D8E6/ref=sr_1_9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1454922856&vehicle=2013-63-16152------------1-0&sr=1-9&ymm=2013%3Amercedes-benz%3Ac250&refinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin%3A3242350011

2nd link below for w204 only...

http://www.amazon.com/Silblade-FB124-Black-Silicone-Ultimate/dp/B00464GNBQ/ref=sr_1_12?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1454922856&vehicle=2013-63-16152------------1-0&sr=1-12&ymm=2013%3Amercedes-benz%3Ac250&refinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin%3A3242350011

i'm replying again to this thread for the benefits of concern pple of the stupid effects of the wipers that casue jerking effects..

like all bro and sis... felt quite shit feeling over this... but that was 3yrs ago..

price was like $160-180 that time, only Autobacs carry. BUT... understand due to price wise.. not every bro and sis willing to spend that type of money on a pair of wipers. For me I think is money well spent.

i'm here to provide a alternative solution, after 3 yrs, I just change my piaa to a new silicon wiper.. but troublesome thing is Singapore never sell...

price wise, it's about the price of ORIGINAL MB wiper cost frm golden link... about $80-100 bucks.

u can buy frm here..

http://www.amazon.com/Silblade-UB124-Hybrid-Silicone-Wiper/dp/B00464D8E6/ref=sr_1_9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1454922856&vehicle=2013-63-16152------------1-0&sr=1-9&ymm=2013%3Amercedes-benz%3Ac250&refinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin%3A3242350011

http://www.amazon.com/Silblade-FB124-Black-Silicone-Ultimate/dp/B00464GNBQ/ref=sr_1_12?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1454922856&vehicle=2013-63-16152------------1-0&sr=1-12&ymm=2013%3Amercedes-benz%3Ac250&refinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin%3A3242350011

Thanks bro!

so no need autosol anymore? :D

• 1 month later...

I went to the ubi one today also. They didn't have for my 2008 w204.

u can buy frm here..

http://www.amazon.co...-bin:3242350011

u can buy frm here..

Thanks!

But for the 2nd link for w204, is for all years of w204? getting a bit confused after googling a bit.

• 5 weeks later...

You are lucky, mine started juddering on the 5th day after collection when I drove in the rain for the 1st time.  Scrapping loudly against the windscreen.  Sent back to C&C and they polished the windscreen and adjusted the angle of the wiper arms (what I was told), the problem pops up on and off a few months later but I'm too lazy to send the car in.  Usually when the wipers judder I just turn on the wiper washing liquid and it will sweep smoothly for a while.  I asked the car groomer to pay more attention to the windscreen whenever I sent the car in.  I will ask C&C to check the wipers again when I go for servicing.

Same problem for me. Went in twice liao. Both times they say polish screen coz got wax residue etc. After that, still get the same problem after a while. Wanted to change to PIAA wipers but I think do not have for the W205 model.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use a different route.. 

i tried adjusting the wiper arm, autosol... mama lemon .. all failed.. none can solve the wiper jerky /noise ... 

I do not feel like paying S$160 for a pair of  PIAA ..

After some research, few wks ago, when I was in KL, went to get the Duraedge  conti Silicon replacement in KL...paid ~RM$90 for two 30" wiper silicon rubber (they run out of 24" length )  

Bingo .. the silicon rubber profile is similar as stock Merc wiper rubber... 

BTW, need some skill to remove the original wiper end cap, once it's out, just slide out the rubber ..  ..  .. (if you keen to know, PM me) 

Also, fyi .. those Autobac silicon wiper replacement is not compatible with Merc ..

So far so good... the noise & jerky gone... & the windscreen is much clearer .. 

http://www.wiperking.com.my/

I use a different route.. 

i tried adjusting the wiper arm, autosol... mama lemon .. all failed.. none can solve the wiper jerky /noise ... 

I do not feel like paying S$160 for a pair of  PIAA ..

After some research, few wks ago, when I was in KL, went to get the Duraedge  conti Silicon replacement in KL...paid ~RM$90 for two 30" wiper silicon rubber (they run out of 24" length )  

Bingo .. the silicon rubber profile is similar as stock Merc wiper rubber... 

BTW, need some skill to remove the original wiper end cap, once it's out, just slide out the rubber ..  ..  .. (if you keen to know, PM me) 

Also, fyi .. those Autobac silicon wiper replacement is not compatible with Merc ..

So far so good... the noise & jerky gone... & the windscreen is much clearer .. 

http://www.wiperking.com.my/

the cap at the end of the wiper blade can be removed?

the cap at the end of the wiper blade can be removed?

Yes, the end cap can be removed... it's quite easy, if u know where to insert the small flat screw driver from top & not via bottom . 

Previously I tried to remove via bottom.. which is the wrong method ... 

Yes, the end cap can be removed... it's quite easy, if u know where to insert the small flat screw driver from top & not via bottom . 

Previously I tried to remove via bottom.. which is the wrong method ... 

Hi bro, would you mind sharing how to remove cos' I would like to use a wiper refill instead of changing the entire labde/piece.