• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

aftermarket mod for memory seats

• 2 weeks later...

Is the available aftermarket mod for memory seats, a bit troublesome for me and and wife to re-adjust the seats everytime.

I think u can import the memory seat function kit and install it , but it will cost u more than 1 thousand dollars.

try calling the mercedes parts importer and they will ans your questions.

• Like 1

No mod for this, the only solution....change to the CGI model.

to change to another car for such options is very expensive

theres should be a way to add on this memory function. cos if my car has memory function and its damage or spoilt I can definitely change the parts.

so if the parts can be change that means that it should be available to be a add on for those cars that does not have this memory functions

• Like 1

If you guys really wanted the memory seats, should've ordered the CGI model. C&C won't do the mod, you can go and ask. And if you source the parts from suppliers outside, who will install for you? That's one question.

The other question is - are you going to be OK for the seats, transmission tunnel, the front door panels, the floor to be ripped out for cabling work and installation of the additional panels for seat adjustment (right by the door openers)? When they reinstall your seats back, what about the seat railings?

And when it comes to time for 1) inspection and 2) annual service, how? Have to dekit or risk C&C registering the mod (some forumers installed aftermarket comand online and they got away unscathed)? The mod is not worth it. Trade in and buy the 1.6l turbo lah, it's coming soon. JTang a bit richer, he buy CGI. >.<

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

If you guys really wanted the memory seats, should've ordered the CGI model. C&C won't do the mod, you can go and ask. And if you source the parts from suppliers outside, who will install for you? That's one question.

The other question is - are you going to be OK for the seats, transmission tunnel, the front door panels, the floor to be ripped out for cabling work and installation of the additional panels for seat adjustment (right by the door openers)? When they reinstall your seats back, what about the seat railings?

And when it comes to time for 1) inspection and 2) annual service, how? Have to dekit or risk C&C registering the mod (some forumers installed aftermarket comand online and they got away unscathed)? The mod is not worth it. Trade in and buy the 1.6l turbo lah, it's coming soon. JTang a bit richer, he buy CGI. >.<

Wow did not know so much work.

But no harm asking and find out the price 1st. and if want to install can recommend a friends workshop to u.

Anyway don't worry cos inspection does not check memory seats .

and C&C servicing also don't care about it too.

and C&C would not just cancel the warranty , cos they will still want u to return to them for servicing.

if they just anyhow cancel they will lost a lot of customers .

they will wait till some thing happen and when u claim warranty and they then decide if the mod u install outside has anything to do with what u want to claim.

Taken from MB Guru about retrofitting memory seats.

May not be practical but looks the easiest!

The easiest way to do this is to find a set of donor seats (and door trims depending on how the switches fit) from a crashed car - retrofitting all the sensors etc into existing seats is a major job.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)