• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mercedes-Benz Driving Experience 2012

Anybody knows if next time go showroom test drive any car, will the SE allow us to switch off the ESP?

LOL! You can try! Say you want to fully feel the raw power of the car before deciding!

Drifting the car was awesome! The feeling of losing control, yet still in control of the car.

The handling of the SL350 is fantastic, however for an SL I was expecting more drama and a more unforgettable memory. It's quiet inside the cabin and it looks similar to the SLK's interior. Even the exterior of the car seems so discrete. I tried making the exhaust sing but no matter how hard you whack it in sports mode neutral gear, you don't hear anything! It doesn't make you feel special enough especially with the $400,000+++ price tag. In short, it's too understated.

The SLK350 on the other hand was loud, the exhaust note sings a wonderful tune and It's very tail happy. It's not the easiest handling car of the day but once you master to control it, the car really leaves a wonderful experience in your mind. Easily my favourite car of the day. Makes you feel you're driving something really really special.

Both cars with a similar V6 engine, to be honest and quiet unexpectedly, I prefer the SLK350. For the SL350, I guess it's the case of never meeting your hero. Maybe the SL500 will fair much better??

I am surprised. To my friend an myself, the SLK was good but the SL350 we drove was way above the SLK. The interior white was beautiful and classy. The best was the sound of the exhaust. Even for 5m moving point to point, we were like vrroom vrroom stepping just to listen to the shoik music.

I am surprised. To my friend an myself, the SLK was good but the SL350 we drove was way above the SLK. The interior white was beautiful and classy. The best was the sound of the exhaust. Even for 5m moving point to point, we were like vrroom vrroom stepping just to listen to the shoik music.

On the other hand, I am surprised you said that! The only SLK350 used in the emergency brake training could be heard from the other end of the training area. There were many people including myself reving that car after while driving back to the activity area. The most I'd say about the interior of the SL is it's nice, colour can be choosen by the buyer. It just isn't $400K+++ suecial that you'd expect from such a car. Just makes it seems as if the designers at Mercedes got lazy. You do hear the SL350's exhaust but you've to really rev it hard and have very good hearing. I believe what you heard was the engine rev sound? In short, I expected more from such a reputable car.

Quoting from Overdrive's review of the SL350 (2012):

"The SL, to me, will always be about noise - an exhaust note to make babies cry - which the SL350 just does not have. Strain your ear and you might pick out a faint note of sportiness but it’s not going to stir anything in the trouser area."

http://overdrive.in/...SL350-road-test

On the other hand, I am surprised you said that! The only SLK350 used in the emergency brake training could be heard from the other end of the training area. There were many people including myself reving that car after while driving back to the activity area. The most I'd say about the interior of the SL is it's nice, colour can be choosen by the buyer. It just isn't $400K+++ suecial that you'd expect from such a car. Just makes it seems as if the designers at Mercedes got lazy. You do hear the SL350's exhaust but you've to really rev it hard and have very good hearing. I believe what you heard was the engine rev sound? In short, I expected more from such a reputable car.

Quoting from Overdrive's review of the SL350 (2012):

"The SL, to me, will always be about noise - an exhaust note to make babies cry - which the SL350 just does not have. Strain your ear and you might pick out a faint note of sportiness but it’s not going to stir anything in the trouser area."

http://overdrive.in/...SL350-road-test

Oh yeah you are right. The slk350 was used in ebs station and also the final timing test. It sounded great too. I had my mind on the Slk250 when I last posted.

Agree now that the sl350 does not necessary sound louder. However the impression I had was that its tones had some reverberation and sounded fuller than the SLK. The feeling in it and driving it is better than the SLK. Of course hard to justify the price, as always for the top end cars.

Agreed handling is good. Just though the package would include more "drama"! Besides the point that it's loaded with the latest technology, I find it hard to justify the price especially when there are many different options available in the market.