• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Purchasing from Cycle and Carriage

Guest Andlee

anyway, if you dun mind sharing, wat are the "circumstances" you are referring to, or wat criteria that allow one to qualify for a courtesy car during servicing?

normal servicing don't qualify, unless it's taking a unusually long time.

it's always on a case by case basis, and there's no guarantee that you'll be able to get one, as there's a limited pool of courtesy cars.

thanks for the welcome guys!

but can't make this coming meetup, as i'll probably be going for logo1.jpghttp://www.formuladrift.com.sg/

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest narmi

*trying to push my luck here*

So Eyke, what kind of courtesy cars does C&C give to customers who's cars suffer from a "longer than usual" time in the workshop?

will there be a sort of "step up" from their normal rides? ::)

say for example, they are driving a CLS, would u let him try the CL? 8)

Guest skipper

From personal experience:

1. You have to ask the SA for a courtesy car... If you don't ask, they will never offer you.

2. If you want a guaranteed courtesy car, you will need to reserve it beforehand. The SA will tell you when will one be available and you book your repair on that day. When you send your car in, the courtesy car will be waiting for you.

3. For emergency repairs, if they do not have a courtesy car available, they will give you Merc taxi coupons (one for each day). Only if you ask.

4. I believe they only have C200s and E200s as courtesy cars (I might be wrong). Obviously if your current car is a C, you get a C.

5. Obviously the above only applies to car repairs under warranty.

6. When you receive your courtesy car, make sure you check it thoroughly for damages. Otherwise, you might be blamed - don't ask me how I know...

7. C&C has very limited number of courtesy cars (so I was told), so I suppose they give these to those customers whose voices are the loudest.

Guest CBlack

Your SE can also help, but may take slightly longer as he/she'll still have to check with your service advisor to ensure the circumstances qualify for courtesy car.

I'm a new SE that's still learning the ropes, so please feel free to ask me any questions :)

hi eyke, i sent my car for repair at C&C but when i collected the car, i find that it was not done properly. i was told to go back to fix it again when i'm free. it will takes two days for the repair so does this circumstance qualify me for courtesy car?

Guest gainax

OOT...yesterday was at C&C to collected my E200 after 1st servicing and snap a pic of this C200 white with amg kit in the showroom. Does it being to anyone here? :)

moto0072tz6.jpg

Guest millionmilebenz

From personal experience:

1. You have to ask the SA for a courtesy car... If you don't ask, they will never offer you.

2. If you want a guaranteed courtesy car, you will need to reserve it beforehand. The SA will tell you when will one be available and you book your repair on that day. When you send your car in, the courtesy car will be waiting for you.

3. For emergency repairs, if they do not have a courtesy car available, they will give you Merc taxi coupons (one for each day). Only if you ask.

4. I believe they only have C200s and E200s as courtesy cars (I might be wrong). Obviously if your current car is a C, you get a C.

5. Obviously the above only applies to car repairs under warranty.

6. When you receive your courtesy car, make sure you check it thoroughly for damages. Otherwise, you might be blamed - don't ask me how I know...

7. C&C has very limited number of courtesy cars (so I was told), so I suppose they give these to those customers whose voices are the loudest.

Skipper - thanks for the well-organized and informative list (especially point #6)! Although it's based only on your personal experience, it probably closely reflects C&C's policy.

Upz karma for your contribution! ;D

Guest speckie1

OOT...yesterday was at C&C to collected my E200 after 1st servicing and snap a pic of this C200 white with amg kit in the showroom. Does it being to anyone here? :)

C200? not C63? The bonnet looks like the C63 bonnet too.

I had the AMG options in my C200, and the bumper doesn't even look anything like that.

hi eyke' date=' i sent my car for repair at C&C but when i collected the car, i find that it was not done properly. i was told to go back to fix it again when i'm free. it will takes two days for the repair so does this circumstance qualify me for courtesy car?[/quote']

so sorry but i can't give any definitive answer as this courtesy car thingy is not an official policy, ie. "it's a privilege, not an entitlement" (army-speak :P), so there's no hard and fast rules as to whether you'll qualify.

you can try asking your SA.

seeing that we don't even have a CL demo-car, i seriously doubt there'll be a CL courtesy car :P

the white C-Class besides the reception is not an AMG model, just AMG Sports Package'd.

the only AMG models i saw recently were 2x G-Class'es that sold for a cool >$700K each.

Guest gainax

yea, the obvious part that its not an C63AMG is the front bodykit fog light area.

I went up 3rd floor to the AMG section they also displaying a norm W204 with AMG sports package. ???

Guest kopimonster

seeing that we don't even have a CL demo-car, i seriously doubt there'll be a CL courtesy car :P

the white C-Class besides the reception is not an AMG model, just AMG Sports Package'd.

the only AMG models i saw recently were 2x G-Class'es that sold for a cool >$700K each.

eyke, juz wondering if you guys intend to bring in the clk63 black series?

Guest kopimonster

The C63 AMG has not arrived in Singapore yet. But C&C are taking orders for the car already.

yup, that is correct, and they are taking an enternity to get here >:( even HK have alreay launched their c63s

i understand that for sports models it's usually on an indent basis, but even then will have to see if Daimler wants to allocate units...

which may be why you usually won't see any AMG models in MB Center.

Guest TuMMyBeaR

CLK63 Black Series is available for booking. But long waiting period. Price is abt $800k+.

Guest kopimonster

CLK63 Black Series is available for booking. But long waiting period. Price is abt $800k+.

huh? so confirm bringing it in liao ah? 800k was the also the price that was verbally quoted to me the last i checked, but was told either delivery in 2009 or not make it at all, but its going to be the asian model and not USA model, which in my opinion, looks better and more comfy interior.

but, even tho its an impressive car, 800k is a little steep for dat car IMHO (200k over-priced if you ask me :P), you can buy a DB9 or GT2 (F430 too?) wif dat kinda money, or get an M6 or GT3 (the model that the clk63 black is build to rival) with loadsa change left for mods ;D

Guest TuMMyBeaR

huh? so confirm bringing it in liao ah? 800k was the also the price that was verbally quoted to me the last i checked, but was told either delivery in 2009 or not make it at all, but its going to be the asian model and not USA model, which in my opinion, looks better and more comfy interior.

but, even tho its an impressive car, 800k is a little steep for dat car IMHO (200k over-priced if you ask me :P), you can buy a DB9 or GT2 (F430 too?) wif dat kinda money, or get an M6 or GT3 (the model that the clk63 black is build to rival) with loadsa change left for mods ;D

Its on indent basis... Yah, its available but so far no one has ordered....yet I guess... :P

Delivery is to be advised but likely waiting period is at least one year.

Agreed.... For that same amount of money, there's alot more exotic cars to buy. Thats why at the end of the day, there's only 2 DTMs in SG. You must really an enthusiast to pay so much much for a Merc. Hee hee.... ;D