• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Purchasing from Cycle and Carriage

Guest Andlee

Guest Andlee

Hi Bro,

Anyone here can advise if there is any room for negotiation for upfront cash discount when you purchase cars from them? If not, normally what sort of package or deal do you think you can get from them? Any advise would be great. I heard they are very sitcky in giving upfront discounts.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think they are giving any extra upfront discount,it should be all about the same as thats the company policy unless you opt so display or test drive unit.Think all you can try is to squeeez from the SE comm but try not to do this as they are making a living too. A good SE attended to you will be the best discount ;) just my 2 cts :)

Guest Cklasse

My understanding is lowering car price is dependant on SE (lower to a certain extend) and offsetting the purchase price through trade in car price.

Freebies again is subjected to SE (and management decision).

Recent example, friend's dad traded in W140 for W221 S350. Fantastic trade in price (close to $100k for the W140 on old PARF) and a few extras here and there but a loan is absolutely necessary. Full payment does not qualify.

Guest jenvid

A good SE attended to you will be the best discount ;) just my 2 cts :)

This one very impt... For the 3 years that you wish to maintain your warranty, your SE's post sales service will make the mile.

They are the one who will make your experience with C&C between heaven & earth...

Things like

1) Free tickets to events (padang F1)

2) Last minute slot in for drive (The AMG experience)

3) Courtesy car while car in workshop

4) Car pickup for schedule maintenance...

etc etc..

Hope I dont spoil mkt hehe...

Guest narmi

WAH!

Got courtesy car ah?!?!

Wah, must change my SE already ah!

i bought of him 2 cars already still never get courtesy car lei even when my car had to go in for 2 1/2 days!

and got F1 tix also?!?!

EH! i seriously am feeling short changed lei now!! :'(

Guest CBlack

same case for me too. bought 2 cars from the same SE and also recommended my brother to buy from the same SE but i don't get those special treatment David get leh :'( David, you must recommend your SE to us and you will get even more special treatments ;D

Must feedback to C&C, or you guys next time go showroom with a Sgmerc tag,than the SE wont dare to fool you ;D. Those thing David's got is not for everyone,Each SE are allocate with limited freebies and authority if i am not wrong.

Guest jenvid

Must feedback to C&C, or you guys next time go showroom with a Sgmerc tag,than the SE wont dare to fool you ;D. Those thing David's got is not for everyone,Each SE are allocate with limited freebies and authority if i am not wrong.

so moral of story hor must also treat SE nice nice lor.. hehe and find the _one_ hiaks..

I guess I must have been lucky... All these karma thingy is doing good....

I understand the SE life in C&C quite tough one. Only 1 showroom duty per wk. Then miserable base salary and must meet mthly sales target... Frankly I think they have a tall order to survive long long...

Guest jenvid

good time they can easily make 10 over k a month leh. a lot of them buy expensive watches like chopa, patek philip, etc.

Understand that only happens to Borneo motor & Subaru sales.

I once walk into Lexus showrm, salesman wearing Franck Muller watch leh, stay in ultra big landed. Wah liao...dunno who is the poor folk...

For C&C, even buying parf rebate also through company...

Guest philipkoh

jenvid ]

A good SE attended to you will be the best discount wrote:

This one very impt... For the 3 years that you wish to maintain your warranty, your SE's post sales service will make the mile.

They are the one who will make your experience with C&C between heaven & earth...

Things like

1) Free tickets to events (padang F1)

2) Last minute slot in for drive (The AMG experience)

3) Courtesy car while car in workshop

4) Car pickup for schedule maintenance...

etc etc..

Hope I dont spoil mkt hehe...

I can atest to 3) & 4).

Sent in my 1 month old C180K for iPod Interface retrofit & rectification of noises yesterday. My SE arranged for the C&C CSE to pick up the car from me and arranged a loaner C200K for me for 3 days while they diagnose & rectify the rattling noises.

All I did was to be nice to the SE and introduced some friends to him for test drives ... ;D

Guest phicho

philipkoh ]

jenvid ]

A good SE attended to you will be the best discount wrote:

This one very impt... For the 3 years that you wish to maintain your warranty, your SE' wrote:

I can atest to 3) & 4).

Sent in my 1 month old C180K for iPod Interface retrofit & rectification of noises yesterday. My SE arranged for the C&C CSE to pick up the car from me and arranged a loaner C200K for me for 3 days while they diagnose & rectify the rattling noises.

All I did was to be nice to the SE and introduced some friends to him for test drives ... ;D

bro where did your rattling noise come from

Guest narmi

Bro Philipkoh,

2 qns..

1) how much did u pay for the ipod interface retrofit?

2) Just to check for noises they took your car for 3 days?!?!?!

wah wah!

Now i know,,, i always complain to C&C that BMW would always give a replacement car usually of higher "pedigree"/newer model just to tempt you into buying the "next one up", how come C&C don't practise that coz i think that is a very good form of marketing whilst we still get a coutesy car while our own car is in the workshop...

Just my 0.002 cents worth ah..

Guest narmi

OK! Maybe i've been asking the wrong ppl for a coutesy car...

Who did you guys ask to get the courtesy car ah?

Aiyah, abit wasted coz the last time i sent my car, had to go in for 3 days and didnt get any replacement lor..

Guest kopimonster

I usually call the SE to book the slot,than he arrange everything, try calling your SE rather than the advisor at the workshop.

hmm...this is a first to me.

from what i had experienced, the SEs all washed hands after sale, and all aftersale services are referred to technical advisors, and somehow they manage to reappear when we want to buy new car, i dun really mean to be sarcastic, but this was the "standard" i came to noe and more or less accepted. that is also one of the reasons behind one of my post on poor aftersales service from the SE i have came across.

anyway, is this the way C&C merc works? i mean not necessary to get the courtesy car, but other technical issues as well? if so, it would be very heartening to noe :)

Guest sy69u

I usually call the SE to book the slot,than he arrange everything, try calling your SE rather than the advisor at the workshop.

hmm...this is a first to me.

from what i had experienced, the SEs all washed hands after sale, and all aftersale services are referred to technical advisors, and somehow they manage to reappear when we want to buy new car, i dun really mean to be sarcastic, but this was the "standard" i came to noe and more or less accepted. that is also one of the reasons behind one of my post on poor aftersales service from the SE i have came across.

anyway, is this the way C&C merc works? i mean not necessary to get the courtesy car, but other technical issues as well? if so, it would be very heartening to noe :)

bro, i seriously think u should change your SE. seems like u been buying a few times with the same SE but no freebies. CHANGE SE

Guest sy69u

narmi ]

Bro Philipkoh,

2 qns..

1) how much did u pay for the ipod interface retrofit?

2) Just to check for noises they took your car for 3 days?!?!?!

wah wah!

Now i know,,, i always complain to C&C that BMW would always give a replacement car usually of higher "pedigree"/newer model just to tempt you into buying the "next one up", how come C&C don' wrote:

OK! Maybe i've been asking the wrong ppl for a coutesy car...

Who did you guys ask to get the courtesy car ah?

Aiyah, abit wasted coz the last time i sent my car, had to go in for 3 days and didnt get any replacement lor..

bro, think your car is very up there already. se might not give you another car bcoz its of lower class then yours. afraid u might got to bmw. hehehehehehe.

anyway, like i said before, CHANGE SE