• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Purchasing from Cycle and Carriage

Guest Andlee

Guest pokkagreentea

I usually call the SE to book the slot,than he arrange everything, try calling your SE rather than the advisor at the workshop.

hmm...this is a first to me.

from what i had experienced, the SEs all washed hands after sale, and all aftersale services are referred to technical advisors, and somehow they manage to reappear when we want to buy new car, i dun really mean to be sarcastic, but this was the "standard" i came to noe and more or less accepted. that is also one of the reasons behind one of my post on poor aftersales service from the SE i have came across.

anyway, is this the way C&C merc works? i mean not necessary to get the courtesy car, but other technical issues as well? if so, it would be very heartening to noe :)

dun scold me if i am wrong, but i think this only happens if you bought a higher end merc from them. last time, my mum bought C Class from them, send for service also never got replacement car. C&C see C-Class owner no up, despite it being one of the bigger bread&butter revenue puller for them.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jenvid

I usually call the SE to book the slot,than he arrange everything, try calling your SE rather than the advisor at the workshop.

from what i had experienced, the SEs all washed hands after sale, and all aftersale services are referred to technical advisors, and somehow they manage to reappear when we want to buy new car, i dun really mean to be sarcastic, but this was the "standard" i came to noe and more or less accepted. that is also one of the reasons behind one of my post on poor aftersales service from the SE i have came across.

anyway, is this the way C&C merc works? i mean not necessary to get the courtesy car, but other technical issues as well? if so, it would be very heartening to noe :)

dun scold me if i am wrong, but i think this only happens if you bought a higher end merc from them. last time, my mum bought C Class from them, send for service also never got replacement car. C&C see C-Class owner no up, despite it being one of the bigger bread&butter revenue puller for them.

I think there may be some truth to this.

Guest kopimonster

bro, i seriously think u should change your SE. seems like u been buying a few times with the same SE but no freebies. CHANGE SE

haha, bro, i like your cut-&-paste solution, "CHANGE SE", you used on your last 2 posts, short and sharp ;D

technically, changed liao, those that i mention are from another makes, this is the first time i am dealing with C&C merc, so still virgin :-[ :P ;D but my current C&C merc SE so far so good, i also got the F1-Mika tiks from him too :P, so hope that it will be a more fruitful relation than what i had experience before lor

Guest philipkoh

phicho ]

philipkoh ]

jenvid ]

A good SE attended to you will be the best discount wrote:

This one very impt... For the 3 years that you wish to maintain your warranty, your SE' wrote:

I can atest to 3) & 4).

Sent in my 1 month old C180K for iPod Interface retrofit & rectification of noises yesterday. My SE arranged for the C&C CSE to pick up the car from me and arranged a loaner C200K for me for 3 days while they diagnose & rectify the rattling noises.

All I did was to be nice to the SE and introduced some friends to him for test drives ... wrote:

bro where did your rattling noise come from

Actually, there were several sources of noise;

a. Rattling Noise from the Front Left Section of the cabin (somewhere between the Front Left Door and dashboard) when the car is on the move.

b. Buzzing Noise from the Front Left Door; caused by low bass

c. Intermittent Knocking Noise from the Driver Cowling, emitted when car is over uneven roads.

d. Squeaking noise for the Driver Door Seal.

Just collected the car today. Looks like that they got it right this time. Only time will tell.

BTW, the C200 loaner also have the Noise c) & d); may be these are design faults ... ???

Guest philipkoh

Bro Philipkoh,

2 qns..

1) how much did u pay for the ipod interface retrofit?

2) Just to check for noises they took your car for 3 days?!?!?!

wah wah!

Now i know,,, i always complain to C&C that BMW would always give a replacement car usually of higher "pedigree"/newer model just to tempt you into buying the "next one up", how come C&C don't practise that coz i think that is a very good form of marketing whilst we still get a coutesy car while our own car is in the workshop...

Just my 0.002 cents worth ah..

1) The iPod Interface was bundled with the car when I purchased it during the Chinese New Year Promotion. There's a on-going promotion by C&C website for $680 (inclusive of labour but no GST) if you are keen;

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.sg/content/singapore/mpc/mpc_singapore_website/en/mpc_splashpage/home/home/about_us/Whats_New/SLK-Class_AMG_Styling_Package_Promotion.html

Just make sure that C&C include the iPod Line Amplifier if you are connecting it to the Audio 20 system.

2) Rectification of noise took 3 days because there were at least 4 different sources (refer to my previous post)

BTW, C&C will provide a loaner car that is at least equivalent to your ride. You just need to speak to your SE .... ;D

Guest narmi

Want to know what makes me even more angry now?

Not only did i buy my W219 from this SE, i convinced my dad to get it from him and another of my friend to get another W219 from him as well!

So altogether, we've bought almost 1M bucks from this fella and he didnt even give me an invite to the F1 thing!

the only thing he invited me to was that merc event at parkview square where i got to see Andrea Fonseka and smoke free cigars!

To be fair, the courtest car thingy, i have never asked him about that before so i shouldnt get upset about that, its just that i feel like one of the other bros said, "washed hand" once deal is signed lor..

*sigh.. (maybe i must buy a maybach or something so that atas enough to get invited)

Or maybe the next car i buy, must bring Jenvid along!!! (think this is a much better alternative!)

Guest jenvid

Or maybe the next car i buy, must bring Jenvid along!!! (think this is a much better alternative!)

SY69U says my SE not good enuff lah... his one chabo siu siu and got more specials... better drag him along...keekee...

Guest kopimonster

i was told by a long time BMW supporter that it works similarily wif PML, it appears that you will get good service and as well as higher quality products, yes, i am refering to cars, ie better QC and everything, only if you purchase higher end models. but i can attest to this fact as i was driving a entry level 3 series and serviced by PML a couple of years back....talking abt my 3 series, brings back a lot of pain.... :'(

Guest sy69u

SY69U says my SE not good enuff lah... his one chabo siu siu and got more specials... better drag him along...keekee...

bro, i dont believe in buying cars from females (no offence to all the female members), especially chio bu. all my cars were bought from males. should anything go wrong with the car, easier to scream at them lah. scream at girls, they will cry lah. already made a few girls cry so better stop. hahahaha. cry in pain most of the time. hahahahaha

anyway, males are more knowledgeble on technical stuffs, so much easier.

Guest Raskie

bro, i dont believe in buying cars from females (no offence to all the female members), especially chio bu.

tend to agree ... harder to 'press' them for freebies ... not so easy to 'cham-xiong' ... ::)

but how many can resist eye-candies eh ?

Guest Raskie

i think getting the right SE also depends on luck ... some are 'hunters' .. close one deal amd move on ... "how many Merc can you buy anyway" is their mentality ... >:(

and like many will agree .. sometimes the top-of-range buyers will get the prefrential treatment ... both in sales and after-sales ... (ala economy-class vs business class vs 1st class ???)

:P

Guest Otsego

i was told by a long time BMW supporter that it works similarily wif PML, it appears that you will get good service and as well as higher quality products, yes, i am refering to cars, ie better QC and everything, only if you purchase higher end models. but i can attest to this fact as i was driving a entry level 3 series and serviced by PML a couple of years back....talking abt my 3 series, brings back a lot of pain.... :'(

which model is consider as high end?

Guest kopimonster

Otsego ]

i was told by a long time BMW supporter that it works similarily wif PML, it appears that you will get good service and as well as higher quality products, yes, i am refering to cars, ie better QC and everything, only if you purchase higher end models. but i can attest to this fact as i was driving a entry level 3 series and serviced by PML a couple of years back....talking abt my 3 series, brings back a lot of pain.... :' wrote:

which model is consider as high end?

good question ;D

well, i think its safe to say M division models and the more expensive 5 and 7 series are generally considered the more "high end" models, and perhaps enjoy better all round service, altho i muz admit i do not have the neccesary figures and proof to substantiate this claim, but what i do noe is that the model that i drove, suffered from many reliability issues and the service offered to me at that time, left very much to be desired :P ;D

anyway, lets not OT too much, cuz this thread is more focused on the C&C's experience :)

Guest shox87

i think those SEs that dun provide proper aftersales shld be avoided at all costs.

once bitten twice shy...

since they do not care bout the our interests and well-being after the car sale, why shld we go back to the same SE again?

Guest shox87

bro, imran, chill man. dun worry, since now u noe. haha. next time dun buy from him he also LL.

my SE was pretty effective when my parents bot the car. somewhere he gave me quite a few tickets to the C class pre-launch and free tix to MOS and cafe-del-mar. ;D

my SE is pretty good. if anyone interested i can intro. :P

somemore can bargain for servicing credits. :P

Not only did i buy my W219 from this SE, i convinced my dad to get it from him and another of my friend to get another W219 from him as well!

So altogether, we've bought almost 1M bucks from this fella and he didnt even give me an invite to the F1 thing!

the only thing he invited me to was that merc event at parkview square where i got to see Andrea Fonseka and smoke free cigars!

To be fair, the courtest car thingy, i have never asked him about that before so i shouldnt get upset about that, its just that i feel like one of the other bros said, "washed hand" once deal is signed lor..

*sigh.. (maybe i must buy a maybach or something so that atas enough to get invited)

Guest narmi

Bro Shox,

what u say is right ah,, already done, not much i can do anymore mah..

Now learn from it already lor.. next car, go find another SE already ah..

Oh wells...

But thanks anyway bro..

Guest Cklasse

shox87 ]

bro, imran, chill man. dun worry, since now u noe. haha. next time dun buy from him he also LL.

my SE was pretty effective when my parents bot the car. somewhere he gave me quite a few tickets to the C class pre-launch and free tix to MOS and cafe-del-mar. wrote:

If you guys join Sgmerc, you will get to go Cafe Del Ma, MOS and C-class launch too....No SE required. Just come into the forum everyday and watch the events and announcement thread.

http://sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=304.0

http://sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=121.0

Guest kopimonster

Bro Shox,

what u say is right ah,, already done, not much i can do anymore mah..

Now learn from it already lor.. next car, go find another SE already ah..

Oh wells...

But thanks anyway bro..

ya agree bro, if service not good, should change SE, next time you buy new car from new SE, your ex-SE see liao sure squeeze balls (if dats applicable ;D)

Who did you guys ask to get the courtesy car ah?

Aiyah, abit wasted coz the last time i sent my car, had to go in for 3 days and didnt get any replacement lor..

You can ask your service advisor direct for courtesy car.

Your SE can also help, but may take slightly longer as he/she'll still have to check with your service advisor to ensure the circumstances qualify for courtesy car.

I'm a new SE that's still learning the ropes, so please feel free to ask me any questions :)

Aiyah, abit wasted coz the last time i sent my car, had to go in for 3 days and didnt get any replacement lor..

Your SE can also help, but may take slightly longer as he/she'll still have to check with your service advisor to ensure the circumstances qualify for courtesy car.

I'm a new SE that's still learning the ropes, so please feel free to ask me any questions :)

Welcome eyke,warm welcome aboard,come meet us this coming month end GTG, hand shake mean more SA coming your way..... ;D ;D

Guest kopimonster

a very warm welcome eyke, in fact, i am also very new to merc, so, also learning the ropes ;)

anyway, if you dun mind sharing, wat are the "circumstances" you are referring to, or wat criteria that allow one to qualify for a courtesy car during servicing?