• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about Volvo

Guest Protoss

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cklasse

The price la...Volvo pricing their cars too close to Mercedes-Benz. I still like the XC60 or the V60 Estate. For a sedan, I would prefer the C-class but, the Volvo has features that the C-class doesn't have.

Keyless lock - just slip your hand into the gap at the handle and the door unlocks without the hand even touching the handle. There is no black rubber at the handle to tear after some uses, only colour matched square.

City Safety - it's supposed to stop for you if you don't.

Leather seats are nicer and supportive than the C-class.

DRL - standard

Overall, the S60 is a better packaged car compared to the C-class; features and price. Man ! the force from the dark side is strong......Luke!....

Guest kepiting1sg

Cklasse wrote:

The price la...Volvo pricing their cars too close to Mercedes-Benz. I still like the XC60 or the V60 Estate. For a sedan, I would prefer the C-class but, the Volvo has features that the C-class doesn't have.

Keyless lock - just slip your hand into the gap at the handle and the door unlocks without the hand even touching the handle. There is no black rubber at the handle to tear after some uses, only colour matched square.

City Safety - it's supposed to stop for you if you don't.

Leather seats are nicer and supportive than the C-class.

DRL - standard

Overall, the S60 is a better packaged car compared to the C-class; features and price. Man ! the force from the dark side is strong......Luke!....

Darth Vader is evil - cum back!

Keyless is addictive - one reason I left the A4.

Distronic+ or adaptive Cruise Control I think is standard which even W212 dun have as standard.

S60 has more features than W204 but prices are near, more if U added in more options.

Resale value dun matter much if U keep it over 7 years like now.

How about a totally new C Class - think it's about time soon?

Hold your ride for another 6 mths to a year?

Darth Vader is evil - cum back!

Guest kepiting1sg

Cklasse wrote:

Join me! Luke ...

IMG_1727.jpg

hahahaha! U Vader arh?......"Luke believed there was good in the Dark Lord, and that was why Vader offered Luke a chance to join forces rather than kill him outright"

Not Luke! - MTL - LOOT lah!.....hahaha!:becky:

Guest colintkoh

Look at it this way.... You get the Volvo, then always looking at the mercs, and always...... thinking, planning, scheming....... anyway isn't volvo owned by some company in India? My relative went from Merc to Volvo, also same reason, more bang for the buck.... next change guess what? Back to Star-ville!

Guest Cklasse

It's not so much about Bang for Buck, but more of a Bang for Heart. It's which car stirs the heart.

I don't want any of the tie fighter, I want the Imperial Shuttle.....the XC60 or V60. :becky:

• 2 months later...
Guest kepiting1sg

g8crasher wrote:

As in your V60 or SM ? :music:

I think Yap mean SM cos the V60 is not in their current stable.

Or maybe Yap have booked it & collecting it at the V60 launching.....hehehehe! :lol:

Guest Cklasse

The Estate version of S60 is open for booking now at $167k (a V60 with 1.6L turbo engine).

I still like the XC60 and there is one May 2009 XC60 (3L turbo) in sgcarmart going for $165k. The W203 is showing sign of aging liao, front passenger door lock not locking properly intermittently and suspension damper worn are the recent happening. I will seriously look for one used XC60 at the end of this year.

Guest kepiting1sg

Cklasse wrote:

. The W203 is showing sign of aging liao, front passenger door lock not locking properly intermittently and suspension damper worn are the recent happening. I will seriously look for one used XC60 at the end of this year.

hehehehe......there're easy justifications to change ride! :lol:

Looks like U have done enough of your "home work" and much decided

which way to go!

May the force be with U!!!! :becky:

Cklasse wrote:

The Estate version of S60 is open for booking now at $167k (a V60 with 1.6L turbo engine).

I still like the XC60 and there is one May 2009 XC60 (3L turbo) in sgcarmart going for $165k. The W203 is showing sign of aging liao, front passenger door lock not locking properly intermittently and suspension damper worn are the recent happening. I will seriously look for one used XC60 at the end of this year.

Please do homework hor... from what I understand parts are not as readily available and pricing is controlled to a certain extent.. it's not like MB where if you don't wanna pay the premium for an MB boxed part you can always go for the Bosch alternative hehehehe.

I would thoroughly advise you to check with existing XC owners or pre owners before taking the plunge.

Guest Raskie

i think the XC60 looks very appealing ... although I was not very much impressed at first sight. It grows on me .. :)

It's a solid car and one that will serve u well ... only thing is that not much after-market "add-ons" choice available here ...

09 XC60 and asking 165K ... hmmm dun think the owner lost much $$$ :P

• 6 months later...
Guest Cklasse

It's back to WoWo again. Backside itchy today while waiting for wife to finish gym, so went down to WoWo showroom.

Was looking at the V60 and I must say it's a nice Estate and has a lot of "nice to have" features.

So, now I have added into my list of "next buy" car a C-class, V60 or XC60. :Cry:

Guest Yap ST

Hi,

I had take a look on the V60 at the carnival, is a great car with lots of features and hi end feel. but feel the price is on high side for 1.6l. about

190++K if i'm not wrong..

Correct me if i'm wrong

:becky:

Cklasse wrote:

It's back to WoWo again. Backside itchy today while waiting for wife to finish gym, so went down to WoWo showroom.

Was looking at the V60 and I must say it's a nice Estate and has a lot of "nice to have" features.

So, now I have added into my list of "next buy" car a C-class, V60 or XC60. :Cry:

Guest vt5sport

Cklasse wrote:

wowo better to buy 2nd hand.

• 10 months later...

yes, promotion this weekend only. checked liao, the free cars are those 8 to 9 years old cars........... various makes like lexus, jaguar, lancer etc

like bo hua leh

I knew it, when it's too good to be true, it's usually not true......

Thanks bro, u saved hours of my precious weekend time.....

Just heard over the radio that there are only 8 units of pre-owned cars left for their 1 new Volvo get 1 pre-owned car free. Promo starts frm 8.30am at their showroom. Those interested faster go tomorrow!!