• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about Volvo

Guest Protoss

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest angela

just heard from someone that he recently changed his s80 gearbox and costs $12k this is tai larng pang huay :death: . but he has been complaining bout his gearbox since day1 so he only have to pay 1/3. wonder how much is a gear box for c class..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Volvo S60 Concept car (2009)

By Tim Pollard

16 December 2008

04VolvoS60concept.jpg

Volvo has just issued these first photos of the new S60 Concept car, to be unveiled at the 2009 Detroit auto show. It's a pretty damn close look at what we'll see when the S60 saloon is replaced in 2010.

What's new about the S60? Today's four-door has been plagued by mini-me S80 looks and an indistinct proposition. It's like a Swedish iteration of BMW's 70s/80s/90s same-again school of design – but Volvo wants to break the mould this time.

03VolvoS60concept.jpg

On this evidence, we'd say they've done a good job of achieving that. The S60 Concept car shows a more progressive design; it's more organic, with softer shapes, more welcoming details, but still has the strong shoulder that's characterised a generation of Swedes. Strip away the parallelogram doors and other concept jewellery, and you're left with the new 2010 S60.

07VolvoS60concept.jpg

New Volvo S60 Concept car: the details

The S60 is bristling with new design details. The LED headlamps create a silhouette of a Viking longboat when switched on (son et lumière! In a Volvo!) and design director Steve Mattin talks of the flow and curves of racetracks informing the design language. Quite.

There's clearly something in the water in Gothenburg – the S60 Concept car even has a retractable diffuser that swings into position depending on your speed.

02VolvoS60concept.jpg

08VolvoS60concept.jpg

Inside the Volvo S60

At first glance, the S60 has a trad Volvo interior. Floating centre stack? Check. Simple, uncluttered switches and sensible Swedish ergonomics? You bet. But look again and you'll see a fresh evolution of the cabin style.

The instruments have been designed to mimic the 'floating' design of the centre console, which itself is now made out of handmade, solid Orrefors crystal. We're not sure about the crash properties of making half the interior out of glass, but it certainly looks cool. There's also blond birch wood ('the same colour as the Scandinavian coastline's sal- and sun-bleached wooden piers') and eco-tanned leather.

And under the bonnet?

161288101524817356x236.jpg

This is a Volvo, so there's naturally a full suite of safety gadgets. The new S60 production car will get something called Collision Warning with Full Auto Brake, which – well, you kinda know what this does already. It'll spot a pedestrian stepping into your path and slam on the brakes for you. In a production car near you by 2010. Spooky.

Volvo is fitting its first direct-injection engine to the S60. Dubbed GTDi (gasoline turbocharged direct injection), it's a 1.6-litre petrol engine pumping out 180bhp but just 119g/km of CO2. Handy figures for a compact exec and this engine arrives in the second half of 2009.

CAR Magazine

• 5 weeks later...

Believe or not: This IS a VOLVO!!!

Design Study: Volvo SC90 Concept

New Volvo SC90 Concept is imagined as a four-door luxury coupe to be the automaker's flagship model

by Alex Ricciuti

January 16, 2009 2:23 PM

volvo-sc90-concept_4.jpg

The Volvo SC90 is a four-door sport coupe spawned from the imagination of designer Nouphone J. Bansasine. Bansasine was a design intern at Volvo in 2007 and created the SC90 for an assignment, which was to create a new high-end model for the brand.

volvo-sc90-concept_5.jpg

volvo-sc90-concept.jpg

volvo-sc90-concept_6.jpg

Taking his cue from the current trend in luxury four-door coupes, and imagined as a 2015 model, Bansasine's design creates a flagship vehicle for Volvo that takes the brand into what Volvo calls "a more emotional" direction. Which is to say, Volvo can create more exciting designs than is present in its current understatement-themed styling.

volvo-sc90-concept_3.jpg

According to Volvo, the SC90 is meant to compete with the Porsche Panamera and Aston Martin Rapide.

Perhaps a little overly ambitious but essentially, they're on track. Volvo make appealing, practical, safe, high-quality premium cars. Why not make their designs competitive with the German premium brands? That's exactly what they need to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Porsche could really take some styling cues from VOLVO of all companies. The Panamera is a joke, I can't believe no one at porsche has realised how HIDEOUS it is.

you are very right...i don't even believe that they can even sell one of it...the styling of the Panamera is totally rubbish...

• 4 months later...

anyone has info/ idea/ market info on wats the resale value of a 1 yr old s80 T6???

flip Classifieds, call a few dealers and check to get quick and accurate answer.

or can just take 20-25% of the price of a brand new one as a rough guide.

• 1 year later...
Guest kepiting1sg

Cklasse wrote:

No la....want to see the new S60 only. See See Touch Touch.....just to scratch my itchy backside.:becky:

See see ok! touch touch - must pay hor!.....hahaha!

Yap - Pls cum back lah!:becky:

Guest Raskie

kepiting1sg wrote:

See see ok! touch touch - must pay hor!.....hahaha!

Yap - Pls cum back lah!:becky:

see see - ok !

touch touch - must pay !

'scratch' itcy backside - must pay even more !

wahahahahaha

Guest kepiting1sg

Raskie wrote:

see see - ok !

touch touch - must pay !

'scratch' itcy backside - must pay even more !

wahahahahaha

KNS! Sure paid a lot for the follies!

No thks for the reminder....hahaha!:becky:

• 1 month later...
Guest kepiting1sg

Cklasse wrote:

I went for a test drive in the new S60 2.0T. Nice interior and features.

Adaptive Distronic - cum std!

& that special feature where U will not mow pedestrian down.

Did U test this last feature by getting the SE to stand infront of the car?.....hehehee!:becky:

Yap! Looks like U getting nearer there.....hahaha! MTL!!!!!

Guest Cklasse

City Safety comes standard in all new WoWo (starting from XC60 and now the S60). The "drive its own" feature is optional. Anyway, the car is supposed to stop if you don't brake at low speed such as a PIE traffic jam.

I prefer the V60 Estate, looks better and can carry my RC helicopter and soon to build 1 meter boat. I think I am old liao, to like an Estate car.

Guest colintkoh

I went over to Subaru (2008 Outback 3.0R). Fast, smooth and awesome 4WD system. Then my wife's new CLC had a fender bender and we had to go to C&C to sort things out, also got an E class to drive which we had to take north of KL for a business meeting.

Let's just say the service and the ride of the car..... Well, 24 hours later I traded the Suby for the new E class estate.

Enuff said?

Guest colintkoh

Picking it up this friday i hope. Didn't even test drive. The rental/replacement E i drove was such a stress relieving ride, which is so important especially with our traffic conditions. Add to that C&C service when you get into a fender-bender. Anyway, would be nice to go to a meet-up with the guys from the forum sometime.

Guest kepiting1sg

colintkoh wrote:

Picking it up this friday i hope. Didn't even test drive. The rental/replacement E i drove was such a stress relieving ride, which is so important especially with our traffic conditions. Add to that C&C service when you get into a fender-bender. Anyway, would be nice to go to a meet-up with the guys from the forum sometime.

Congrats on your new ride!

Good choice!

Estates are few to come by and IMHO always easy to sell and command good resell values!

Few months back I was looking at the W212 Estate too after the SE couldn't get me a W212 sedan with AMG Sport package & Panaroof.

It was that time of COE uncertainties and SE couldn't promise delivery dates or confirmed COE.

No choice LL took the sedan!

U took the Estate Avantgarde or Elegance?

Hope U can come to our mthly gtg the last Sunday of each mth

@ Kallang Stadium Car Park F from 4.30pm onwards.

The next one will be this Sunday 31st Oct '10.

Bro JGoh like me, we took our W212 co-incidentally on the last Sunday of the mth and we drove it straight to the GTG. :becky:

cya this coming Sunday!