• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Duty Reminder to CGI Owners

IMHO,

Should check your engine oil level when the engine has been switched off for some time.

Best check in the morning before you start your engine.

That's the time when most of the engine oil has been collected in the oil sump. :)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

IMHO,

Should check your engine oil level when the engine has been switched off for some time.

Best check in the morning before you start your engine.

That's the time when most of the engine oil has been collected in the oil sump. :)

I agree with unker.

Bros...relax. The oil dipstick is only a rough gauge of the oil level. When servicing, it's perfectly normal to fill to 3/4 mark. No sound mechanic will fill to the top mark as that runs the risk of overfilling. Yes...there's such a thing as engine damgae due to overfilling which is just as bad as low level. When the dip stick is anywhere above the 1/4 mark, the engine is safe. Even if at the lowest mark, it's still pretty safe..the check oil light will not light up yet. This light will only come on when the sump is almost empty ie dipstick completely dry beyond the lowest mark when engine is cold....then you are in for a big shit. No need to sweat over it...just monitor it every 2-3 months. Remember,...this is a Merc, not VW or Fiat.

how frequent should i check my c180k supercharge for engine oil?

Engine oil wise, just check your dipstick every 5,000kms.

Most workshops won't even bother checking oil levels with the Eaton M45 supercharger. MB says it's a non serviceable item. Eaton themselves will tell you it's a "lifetime oil".

I would recommend you get it checked at 50,000kms. 135ml is the total volume of oil the M45 will take.

The allen bolt is located at the nose area of the supercharger. Use Eaton approved fluid and a syringe with a rubber hose.

You can find a refill guide via google or check with workshops to see if they are willing to try a refill.

I sent the car for 15,000km servicing at C&C lately.

Engine oil level was at half way between the MAX-MIN on the dipstick before I sent the car to C&C, not too bad in my opinion.

However, when I checked the oil level after the servicing, apparently C&C filled the engine oil only up to the 3/4 mark.

Nothing wrong with that but have to watch the oil level closely when it is approaching the next servicing at 30,000km. It may drop to beyond the MIN since it is not full to begin with.

C Class Manual Extract - http://www4.mercedes...nual_base.shtml

General notes on oil level

Depending on your driving style, the vehicle consumes up to 0.8 l of oil per 1,000 km. The oil consumption may be higher than this when the vehicle is new or if you frequently drive at high engine speeds.

Depending on the engine, the oil dipstick may be installed at a different location.

When checking the oil level:

• park the vehicle on a level surface.
  • the engine should be switched off for approximately five minutes if the engine is at normal operating temperature.
  • if the engine is not at normal operating temperature, e.g. if the engine was only started briefly: wait about 30 minutes before carrying out the measurement.

Checking the oil level using the oil dipstick

nav_left_grey.gifPark the vehicle on a level surface.

To check the oil level with the engine at normal operating temperature, switch the engine off and wait for approximately five minutes.

nav_left_grey.gifPull oil dipstick mbsymb6_inv_003a.png out of the oil dipstick tube.

nav_left_grey.gifWipe off oil dipstick mbsymb6_inv_003a.png.

nav_left_grey.gifSlowly slide oil dipstick mbsymb6_inv_003a.png into the guide tube to the stop, and take it out again.If the level is between MIN mark mbsymb6_inv_003d.png and MAX mark mbsymb6_inv_003b.png, the oil level is correct.

nav_left_grey.gifIf the oil level has dropped to MIN mark or below, add 1.0 litre of engine oil.

I checked the engine oil level on the next morning before I started the engine :)

How many litres did they charge you for? From your report, it would appear to be 5.5 litres as 6 litres is overfill. From my experience, the top of the dipstick is approx 5.7 litres.

• 1 month later...

Btw I am driving c180 coupe. Seems a bit fast

Yes, a bit fast but depends on driving style also. Highway miles seem to consume more oil. This may carry on until you reach 10k km. If I were you, I would top up although MB may tell you to do nothing until warning light comes on.

• 3 weeks later...