• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Retrofit Comand Online NTG4.5 for Facelift W204

Latest update:

Everything finally works, had the latest 2012 maps installed and I'm able to connect and surf through the Comand Online system. Super thumbs up to Ricky for the hard work after so many months.

Comand Online NTG4.5 retrofit, trialled and tested, fully functional.

Navi with latest SEA maps

post-105-0-26746100-1345084819_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-61017600-1345084839_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-05335300-1345084844_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-70616600-1345084848_thumb.jpg

Comand Online

post-105-0-06777100-1345084859_thumb.jpg

Weather App

post-105-0-28592900-1345084863_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-16665600-1345084868_thumb.jpg

Google Local Search

post-105-0-61885400-1345084872_thumb.jpg

Facebook

post-105-0-06019900-1345084880_thumb.jpg

For those of you who've been waiting for this, MTL!

Understand that your system is now fully operational with the installation of the 2012 map?

With the 2011 map, the NAVI was not operational?

Understand that the Internet access is based on the DUN concept n as long as your mobile has DUN and allows sharing, it should work less it is the iPhone.

Sorry for this many questions, planning to install one on my W204.

Hi Bro,

We can do if for B-Class W246 as well, will send you the quote by PM!

Cheers, Ricky

Hi.

Just curious, can this upgrade be done for the new B-Class too? Any clue?

Mercedes Factory Navigation Retrofit Expert

Sponsor Link at SGMerc.com:

http://www.sgmerc.co...etrofit-expert/

Photo Link for Factory Navigation Retrofit Done

http://www.flickr.com/comandexpert/

Only the paranoid survive!

Hi Charlie,

The Comand Online not work with iPhone for Internet surfacing, the most compatiable one is Blackberry as you have to buy a DUN applicatino online if you're using the Andriod system phone.

Internet access speed just depends on the speed of your mobile and the mobile service provider.

Should you have any other questions, just feel free to let me know!

Cheers, Ricky

Understand that your system is now fully operational with the installation of the 2012 map?

With the 2011 map, the NAVI was not operational?

Understand that the Internet access is based on the DUN concept n as long as your mobile has DUN and allows sharing, it should work less it is the iPhone.

Sorry for this many questions, planning to install one on my W204.

Hi Bro,

Yes, the 2012 (V4.0) SE-Asia is the latest map for NTG4.5.

Cheers, Ricky

Hi Bro Mark/Ricky,

Is this confirm NTG 4.5 map, I am bit confused since my car alredy delivered with this map when I got the car in Dec 2011:

533157_10151230119296414_1783985870_n.jpg

My map version:

6641079737_534867c999_b.jpg

IMG-20120105-00032 by Thedi David, on Flickr

I always thought my map is obselete.

Hi Charlie,

The Comand Online not work with iPhone for Internet surfacing, the most compatiable one is Blackberry as you have to buy a DUN applicatino online if you're using the Andriod system phone.

Internet access speed just depends on the speed of your mobile and the mobile service provider.

Should you have any other questions, just feel free to let me know!

Cheers, Ricky

Ricky, the iPhone link is the show stopper leh. Any suggestion on how to overcome this short of changing my iPhone ? Can I get a second hand cheap blackberry put in my car with a second sim card with same number ? Will it work ?

Yes, I think some owners also using the same way to get a blackberry as the router to get the mobile internet access. Thus, believe most of the obsolete models are only 3G and therefore the connections will be a bit slow indeed.

Cheers, Ricky

Ricky, the iPhone link is the show stopper leh. Any suggestion on how to overcome this short of changing my iPhone ? Can I get a second hand cheap blackberry put in my car with a second sim card with same number ? Will it work ?

• Like 1

I bought a second hand Blackberry Bold to connect to the Internet. The phone must have the Dial Up Network (DUN) function for it to work which unfortunately the iPhone doesn't have.

I bought a second hand Blackberry Bold to connect to the Internet. The phone must have the Dial Up Network (DUN) function for it to work which unfortunately the iPhone doesn't have.

May I know the SIM card do you have the same telephone number as your mobile phone ( clone ) or another telephone number ?

• Like 1

May I know the SIM card do you have the same telephone number as your mobile phone ( clone ) or another telephone number ?

I have a dual SIM from SingTel. It works with any SIM card with data capability.

I have a dual SIM from SingTel. It works with any SIM card with data capability.

So let say I have a iPhone with telephone no. 12345678. I get another blackberry and get another clone SIM ( no. 12345678 ) from Singtel. Will get a charger to charge permanently the blackberry in my car so that I can forget about this blackberry completely.

When I carry my iPhone 12345678 into my car. Start the car. The telephone of my iPhone 12345678 will Bluetooth to the Merc "phone" in the command online. When I surf Internet, the command will use the 3G of the blackberry. There will be no conflict having two different devices linking to the command online using the same no.12345678 ?

So let say I have a iPhone with telephone no. 12345678. I get another blackberry and get another clone SIM ( no. 12345678 ) from Singtel. Will get a charger to charge permanently the blackberry in my car so that I can forget about this blackberry completely.

When I carry my iPhone 12345678 into my car. Start the car. The telephone of my iPhone 12345678 will Bluetooth to the Merc "phone" in the command online. When I surf Internet, the command will use the 3G of the blackberry. There will be no conflict having two different devices linking to the command online using the same no.12345678 ?

No. The system will only connect to one device at one time. If your iPhone is connected, you can't surf the Internet but can answer phone calls. If Blackberry is connected, you can surf the net but can't answer calls.

No. The system will only connect to one device at one time. If your iPhone is connected, you can't surf the Internet but can answer phone calls. If Blackberry is connected, you can surf the net but can't answer calls.

Ok. I have thought about another solution. Use my wife SIM card to clone and surf Internet in my car using blackberry. My iPhone used to synch for phone call.

Not sure can work this way. Rick, can comment on this ?

Basically, Comand only can connect to one phone at a time. If the iPhone is connected, you can't connect the Blakberry and vice versa.

• Like 1

I guess the only way is to either change to a BlackBerry, or wait for the so call patch from MB which who knows when it will be released. Else, just activate the Bluetooth for both phones, if BB rings, just do a quick switch to BB, if iphone rings, do a quick switch to iphone... thats what I'm doing now, 1 company phone, 1 personal... just my 2cents :D

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile

:D

I guess the only way is to either change to a BlackBerry, or wait for the so call patch from MB which who knows when it will be released. Else, just activate the Bluetooth for both phones, if BB rings, just do a quick switch to BB, if iphone rings, do a quick switch to iphone... thats what I'm doing now, 1 company phone, 1 personal... just my 2cents :D

For SingTel users, you're able to change your master sim card by dialling *141# using the SIM card which you want to activate as master. I assume StarHub & m1 would also allow you to do so.

post-105-0-99386400-1345475040_thumb.png

http://info.singtel..../post-paid-plan

Latest Addition: iPhone & iPad Mirroring

Showing the Home Screen

post-105-0-03594400-1345644687_thumb.jpg

Safari

post-105-0-19634400-1345644689_thumb.jpg

Video

post-105-0-02440600-1345644691_thumb.jpg

Game

post-105-0-09175100-1345644693_thumb.jpg

I added on the iPhone/iPad module to the system.

Is this the AD2D (or somthing like that) which allows the video display from media (e.g BT phone) to be display on another screen.

Does this mean that you can control the iPad/iPhone screens from your command screen? If possible with a BB wifi you don't need DUN.

Is this the AD2D (or somthing like that) which allows the video display from media (e.g BT phone) to be display on another screen.

Does this mean that you can control the iPad/iPhone screens from your command screen? If possible with a BB wifi you don't need DUN.

No, this is just iPhone mirroring. What you see on your iPhone will be shown on the screen. It's aftermarket. The device is connected by a new cable and what it does is simply feed the LCD screen, (be it Comand or Audio 20) with video out from the iPhone. Controling still needs to be done on the device itself.

As stated many times, there is no way still as of now to use your iPhone's connectivity to connect to Comand Online.

No, this is just iPhone mirroring. What you see on your iPhone will be shown on the screen. It's aftermarket. The device is connected by a new cable and what it does is simply feed the LCD screen, (be it Comand or Audio 20) with video out from the iPhone. Controling still needs to be done on the device itself.

As stated many times, there is no way still as of now to use your iPhone's connectivity to connect to Comand Online.

Got it. Confused with another system. Tks