• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Retrofit Comand Online NTG4.5 for Facelift W204

You need phones that support DUN (Dial Up Networking) basically a phone working as a modem. Iphone does not support DUN. I have a blackberry and a i-phone but both use the same SIM card installed into the two phones. So when in the car, I activate the Blackberry SIM card so Internet browsing and SMS are all supported. When I leave my car, I activate my I-phone........The issue with DUN is that it is slow compared to Iphone Tethering.

By the way, anyone has installed In-Car Internet Hotspots System in your car?

Regards

Bro, are you on SingTel? What are your settings on your Comand system and on your BlackBerry? I can't seem to get online with my old Bold 9000.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

any more pic can share? like mp3 playing? can it show chinese characters?

thx

AFAIK if the info is there, it will display Chinese & even Japanese!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Finally we can get the head unit with Singapore/Malaysia Map on ComandOnline NTG4.5. Any brother here wants to do the retrofit, please send me a PM or email directly to [email protected]

Cheers, Ricky

any more pic can share? like mp3 playing? can it show chinese characters?

thx

• Like 1

Mercedes Factory Navigation Retrofit Expert

Sponsor Link at SGMerc.com:

http://www.sgmerc.co...etrofit-expert/

Photo Link for Factory Navigation Retrofit Done

http://www.flickr.com/comandexpert/

Only the paranoid survive!

Hi All,

Finally we can get the head unit with Singapore/Malaysia Map on ComandOnline NTG4.5. Any brother here wants to do the retrofit, please send me a PM or email directly to [email protected]

Cheers, Ricky

Congrats Ricky!

This is good news for our members!

Any problem for future maps update?

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 1 month later...

Ah Boon finally got the guidelines to appear on my C&C fitted aftermarket reverse camera!

Yes it also can be done even on the Audio 20 reverse camera, tried and tested. Just a software settings adjustment, no removal of interior panels or hardware adjustments. 30 seconds is all that's needed.

post-105-0-00329700-1342620979_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-37164300-1342620981_thumb.jpg

Do note that Ah Boon does not guarantee all reverse camera installed by C&C can be modified with the guidelines, but so far so good. If C&C chooses to change to another brand of video interface module sometime down the road, the mod might not work.

Can pm me the price too?

Bro, I thought yours already comes with the guidelines?

Ah Boon finally got the guidelines to appear on my C&C fitted aftermarket reverse camera!

Yes it also can be done even on the Audio 20 reverse camera, tried and tested. Just a software settings adjustment, no removal of interior panels or hardware adjustments. 30 seconds is all that's needed.

post-105-0-00329700-1342620979_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-37164300-1342620981_thumb.jpg

Do note that Ah Boon does not guarantee all reverse camera installed by C&C can be modified with the guidelines, but so far so good. If C&C chooses to change to another brand of video interface module sometime down the road, the mod might not work.

This is great, do u need special tools to set this? are there steps to follow so that we can try it ourselves??? How to access the settings???

I have checked the webbys and found that some has in addition to displaying the reverse camera guidelines, also successfully enable VIM (video in motion) through engineering mode. That means no more removing the headunit to install a VIM module, just software tweet can lieo.

This secret setting mode should be studied in more details as it unlock other features in our car. We may create another thread just for settings to share whatever information we have on it so that all can benefit.

Do beware that settings mode isn't for the faint of heart. One wrong setting and you can prepare yourself to pay for a new HU. Always seek professional opinions from Ricky and Camber before you mess with the Settings Menu in the HU. But trust me, there isn't anything to unlock.

The Video Interface that C&C installs does not give you the VIM function. For that, you'll still need to purchase VIM from our site sponsors. I tought a friend how to do the guidelines two days ago, he will be sending his car to C&C this morning because he went and messed about with the system. His whole reverse camera system died and the Video Interface will have to be replaced. As per Ah Boon's wishes and to prevent situations like this, I do not want to be responsible for any damages you do to your own system therefore I will not be disclosing the steps. However if anyone wants the guidelines, you may approach me during any of the meet ups and I'll be more than happy to do it for you FOC!

Hi Mark, Wisbone may be correct as there is a product which just like a small black box can provide the parking guideline (trajectory moving along the parking direction) and VIM feature at the same. Definitely it is not the VIM could be unlocded via software but such hardware provides 2 features together.

Cheers, Ricky

Do beware that settings mode isn't for the faint of heart. One wrong setting and you can prepare yourself to pay for a new HU. Always seek professional opinions from Ricky and Camber before you mess with the Settings Menu in the HU. But trust me, there isn't anything to unlock.

The Video Interface that C&C installs does not give you the VIM function. For that, you'll still need to purchase VIM from our site sponsors. I tought a friend how to do the guidelines two days ago, he will be sending his car to C&C this morning because he went and messed about with the system. His whole reverse camera system died and the Video Interface will have to be replaced. As per Ah Boon's wishes and to prevent situations like this, I do not want to be responsible for any damages you do to your own system therefore I will not be disclosing the steps. However if anyone wants the guidelines, you may approach me during any of the meet ups and I'll be more than happy to do it for you FOC!

Hi Mark, Wisbone may be correct as there is a product which just like a small black box can provide the parking guideline (trajectory moving along the parking direction) and VIM feature at the same. Definitely it is not the VIM could be unlocded via software but such hardware provides 2 features together.

Cheers, Ricky

The menu for the Video Interface C&C install does not show VIM. Will take a look at it again but I doubt it has that function.

Yes, the Media Interface installed by C&C not providing VIM feature, the one I'm referring to is another device attached to the headunit power connector to get the parking trajactory and VIM in place.

Cheers, Ricky

The menu for the Video Interface C&C install does not show VIM. Will take a look at it again but I doubt it has that function.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest update:

Everything finally works, had the latest 2012 maps installed and I'm able to connect and surf through the Comand Online system. Super thumbs up to Ricky for the hard work after so many months.

Comand Online NTG4.5 retrofit, trialled and tested, fully functional.

Navi with latest SEA maps

post-105-0-26746100-1345084819_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-61017600-1345084839_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-05335300-1345084844_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-70616600-1345084848_thumb.jpg

Comand Online

post-105-0-06777100-1345084859_thumb.jpg

Weather App

post-105-0-28592900-1345084863_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-16665600-1345084868_thumb.jpg

Google Local Search

post-105-0-61885400-1345084872_thumb.jpg

Facebook

post-105-0-06019900-1345084880_thumb.jpg

For those of you who've been waiting for this, MTL!

Latest update:

Everything finally works, had the latest 2012 maps installed and I'm able to connect and surf through the Comand Online system. Super thumbs up to Ricky for the hard work after so many months.

Sorry. Can recap on what was/were not working and what is/are working now?

Sorry. Can recap on what was/were not working and what is/are working now?

Initially, the Navi function and the Internet function were the only two things not working.

The problem has been resolved and the entire Comand Online NTG4.5 is fully functional like I said.

Congrats bro! After so many tries! Hope mine can work too!

Many thanks for the info! This Fri I buy u lunch at changi ok! Lol

Thanks, the trial and error period was very sucky, wasted so much time and effort. Let you play around with it tomorrow!

Latest update:

Navi with latest SEA maps

post-105-0-26746100-1345084819_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-61017600-1345084839_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-05335300-1345084844_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-70616600-1345084848_thumb.jpg

Comand Online

post-105-0-06777100-1345084859_thumb.jpg

Weather App

post-105-0-28592900-1345084863_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-16665600-1345084868_thumb.jpg

Google Local Search

post-105-0-61885400-1345084872_thumb.jpg

Facebook

post-105-0-06019900-1345084880_thumb.jpg

For those of you who've been waiting for this, MTL!

Bro, super poison man !!!