• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about BMW

Guest angela

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest signatureincz

SL63AMG wrote:

Bro, think you misinterpret my question :smile:

The reason I asked is because I had a short run with a BMW 3 series after last "Sunday GTG". It was fast and loud, unlike other 3 series I met on the road, more like a M3 thus raised the question.

As for modifying, I did it while I was driving a JDM car. Learned a lot from there and even know how to tune my own car. But sold it off at the final stage as all the mod does not meet LTA rules and regulation, quite problematic also. Thus decide to buy a reliable supercar that I can drive wihtout worries and give a courtesy smile to a TP when I meet one on the road :becky:

So for my SL63, the only mod I going for is to let it lose weight, will not do any other as it has all the best parts already. Only thing is the weight! 2 TON! If 1 TON, it be a very fast supercar with the horsepower it has right now.

had not seen the sl63 launch off from the start, hows the timing from 0-100??

the handling wise for bends???

Guest SL63AMG

signatureincz wrote:

had not seen the sl63 launch off from the start, hows the timing from 0-100??

the handling wise for bends???

Recently did a quick test, road surface bumpy, 0-100km/h is about 5.5sec without launch. If launch can save another 1 or 2 sec.

Handling for bends is fantastic! Much better compare to my previous ride RX8 which had all the strut bars, anti roll bars, under-brace, 2-way LSD and Aragosta coilovers. RX8 can still feel the roll whereas at the same speed & corner, SL63 maintain the flatness with Active Body Control without all the bars, and give me the confidence to go faster & faster :becky:

RX8, auto 4 speed, Turbo Charged, mod to final stage, weight about 500kg lighter than SL63.

Launch timing about 7.3sec, without launch is 9.1sec.

Guest SL63AMG

PALMER19 wrote:

There is a launch button for the SL63 ? Only launch start ? Or additional boost when driving as well ? Sounds like F1 technology already.Cool !

Yup there is launch button :smile:

When change from "C" to "S+" mode by pressing the AMG button during acceleration, will give you the feel like injecting nitrous into combustion chamber with a sudden boost, but in reality is down shift a few gear :becky:

Guest PALMER19

SL63AMG wrote:

Yup there is launch button :smile:

When change from "C" to "S+" mode by pressing the AMG button during acceleration, will give you the feel like injecting nitrous into combustion chamber with a sudden boost, but in reality is down shift a few gear :becky:

ha ha ha ... rpm goes up...speed come down (engine brake).:bounce:

Guest SL63AMG

PALMER19 wrote:

ha ha ha ... rpm goes up...speed come down (engine brake).:bounce:

Depend you step on brake or gas pedal :wink:

Downshift when step on:

Gas pedal= accelerate faster.

Brake pedal = brake faster.

Nothing = engine brake.

Guest signatureincz

SL63AMG wrote:

Depend you step on brake or gas pedal :wink:

Downshift when step on:

Gas pedal= accelerate faster.

Brake pedal = brake faster.

Nothing = engine brake.

agreed on it.. it all depends on the driver.... just down the gear, with the leg flooring the gas!!

had no chance to tried with an sl63 as its rare....... nice n rare.....

Guest SL63AMG

signatureincz wrote:

agreed on it.. it all depends on the driver.... just down the gear, with the leg flooring the gas!!

had no chance to tried with an sl63 as its rare....... nice n rare.....

Too bad I cannot let you try also :lol: But can bring you along for a ride :wink:

For rarity, heard from C&C there are about 4 pcs in Singapore including mine. One red, white, silver and black.

Guest Lefthandseat

yes it does that. Once, it goes from 6th down to 3rd and there is a sudden lag before it launch. How the logic works, I am not sure and no one in merc could tell me.

My RS6 don't do that. so I'm curious.

Would like to limit the d/s by 2 gears ,to save on W&T.

cheers.

"Yup there is launch button

When change from "C" to "S+" mode by pressing the AMG button during acceleration, will give you the feel like injecting nitrous into combustion chamber with a sudden boost, but in reality is down shift a few gear "

Guest SL63AMG

Lefthandseat wrote:

yes it does that. Once, it goes from 6th down to 3rd and there is a sudden lag before it launch. How the logic works, I am not sure and no one in merc could tell me.

My RS6 don't do that. so I'm curious.

Would like to limit the d/s by 2 gears ,to save on W&T.

cheers.

May I know what is W&T? :smile:

Hmm, strange, for my gear shift there is no lag, quite immediate, did you update the software? May I know which model is your car?

Guest armges

kopimonster where you get that pictures? what a nice pic man.

i really want this one. the performance it's like a monster and the detail is very impressive. wish i could have that in my garage :(

• 2 months later...

E-CAB wrote:

How would you compare this to the C180K?

Which 1.6 L would you get?

Any others in the market worth considering?

Forced induction preferred.

Must it be a continental car? Or Japanese car ok?

E-CAB wrote:

If it is for me, I would rather go for a golf gt... (1.4) or Cooper s (1.6), but practical wise? Not very wise!

E-CAB wrote:

Lotus Elan? 1.6L Turbo..........plus can go roofless.

cheers