• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about BMW

Guest angela

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JGoh

9080509.001.1L.jpg

BMW X6 is Sold Out

May 9, 2008 by Clinton Deacon\

In its first year of production, BMW will produce 40,000 units of the new X6 Sports Activity Model with half of those heading for the U.S. Dealerships and according to BMW AG chief executive officer, Mr. Norbert Reithofer, it has already sold out. There are still reportedly some dealership that have a few models left although there are some that are reporting they have a waiting list.

1025big.jpg

There were a large number of doubters about the X6 when it was first launched stating the interior space was too small for an SUV and driving performance could not be strong enough for this model to be labelled as a coupe, but it seems that BMW have had the last laugh. The X6 opened up a new niche in the automotive market which will surely be entered by other premium manufacturers over the next few years.

The success of the new model is likely to spur the German manufacturer into action to create yet another SUV in the form of the X4. Whereas the X6 is based on the X5 platform, the X4 would be based on the X3 thereby creating a smaller version of the SAV.

Guest Sareve

There were a large number of doubters about the X6 when it was first launched stating the interior space was too small for an SUV and driving performance could not be strong enough for this model to be labelled as a coupe, but it seems that BMW have had the last laugh. The X6 opened up a new niche in the automotive market which will surely be entered by other premium manufacturers over the next few years.

Looks like they're just following in Porsche's direction after they launched the Cayenne. I must say I quite like the design of the X6 though.

Guest Azrielsc

anyone went for the 1 series launch?

I did. Wasn't that impressive after going to the Audi A4 launch a few days later. 1-series cars were the "side-show" as compared to the "lifestyle" party that PML was promoting. Didn't get to see much of the cars due to the huge crowd. The hatches look much better than the coupes/cabs but the interiors of the cars were barebone! Coupe/cabs will get auto-climate but the hatches won't! I mean, get on with the times, BMW! No Idrive either.

Cheerio!

Perhaps they left out iDrive because this car is a sporty hatch that appeals more to the enthusiast market segment more interested in the dynamics of the car.

I'd love to jump into a 135i and feel how chuckable it is! Near 50-50 static weight distribution really sounds like fun. The MX-5 has a similar ratio which is a joy to drive!

The other BMW which I really enjoy driving is the E30 series. SWEET CAR. Plonk a more powerful engine into a stock 316 body, beef up the handling and you're in heaven. BMW.SG has a very well respected member with his souped up 316 (not sure if he still has it) and it ranks very highly on my list. With all due respect to M series owners, straight line, linear engine performance is awesome in the E36/46M but the E30 is just a tad bit sweeter round the bend!

Guest jies2

My friend needed something for his portfolio so we decided to shoot his 320. The final work is below. He didn't use it in the end.

Behind the Scene!

kt9d5404disy4.jpg

Test

imgbmwdins7.jpg

Final

editorialfinalpz8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest angela

Last pic is very impressive, fit for advert but please do let let us see the complete background lol in the first pic. lol. How come no ones talk about the 335 here? :bboyspin:

Guest jenvid

Last pic is very impressive, fit for advert but please do let let us see the complete background lol in the first pic. lol. How come no ones talk about the 335 here? :bboyspin:

Cuz this is a sgmerc grp... all too engross in the AMG poison ? hahaha :spiderman:

Looking for Cab, can some one tell me which is better buy? (Not comparing prices, just which model that i wont regret).Thanks in advance

1) CLK 200K

2) 325i

3) 335i

Not that fast, will bring it in myself if confirm on which model(Cheaper mah)

Leadtime about 3 month.

Actually i like the CLK , that's always my dream....and also the 125i cheap and good but both is soft top....

Looking for Cab, can some one tell me which is better buy? (Not comparing prices, just which model that i wont regret).Thanks in advance

1) CLK 200K

2) 325i

3) 335i

Take the THREE THREE FIVE la , the rest are too fast liao.

Guest angela

Leadtime about 3 month.

Actually i like the CLK , that's always my dream....and also the 125i cheap and good but both is soft top....

Bro, you mention bring in yourself. ok, for example a 335 cab, how much savings are we looking at?

Recently Sgcarmart got a lot of recond car, all ard 3-5k mileage.

Guest kopimonster

yum yum...low mileage somemore....

Dont think the mileage is consider low, 8 month 8kplus.... :o

but a point to note is that the car is nearly 140k off regular price tag for 8 mths worth of depreciation....overall, still think its a pretty neat deal....my only minor gripe wif the M6 is that its slightly dated and its nearly 2 yrs liao after facelift (??)....but read from somewhere dat the v10 is an award winning engine...slurp slurp....but anyway, reviews kept slamming it...claiming the M5 is a better buy....but i still think the M6 looks way better ;D

Maybe in terms of practicality - I bet it's some Brit journos - the M5 beats the M6 but as a classy grand tourer, it's definitely the M6 for me. The lines of the car scream typical GT styling.

zoomx ]

Leadtime about 3 month.

Actually i like the CLK , that' wrote:

Bro, you mention bring in yourself. ok, for example a 335 cab, how much savings are we looking at?

Recently Sgcarmart got a lot of recond car, all ard 3-5k mileage.

Still trying to figure out how the thing goes about, in actual if you can do it the PI way, saving should be "more than 10 less than 20"