• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about BMW

Guest angela

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackmercs

kirk713 wrote:

BMW E36s and E46s were much better cars than the current E90s.

Finally u hit 20 post!! Congras :).

How come E36 & E46 is a better car than E90?

Guest kirk713

blackmercs wrote:

Finally u hit 20 post!! Congras :).

How come E36 & E46 is a better car than E90?

I have heard lots of horrible stories about E90's reliability. The E36 especially was very solidly built and thus more reliable. My friend drove a E36 M3 and I driven it...fantastic... almost as fast as my previous ride, WRX.

Guest blackmercs

kirk713 wrote:

I have heard lots of horrible stories about E90's reliability. The E36 especially was very solidly built and thus more reliable. My friend drove a E36 M3 and I driven it...fantastic... almost as fast as my previous ride, WRX.

totally agreed with you. E36 is a solid car.

Guest hkhamateur

kirk713 wrote:

Bro kirk713, finally recalled. Fr weeks hve been thinkg whether i knw u or nt as of yr nickname. Yr previous ride WRX n mine as well. :bounce:

Hope to meet u again on the next GTG or any TCSS, ok? :becky:

Guest kirk713

hkhamateur wrote:

Bro kirk713, finally recalled. Fr weeks hve been thinkg whether i knw u or nt as of yr nickname. Yr previous ride WRX n mine as well. :bounce:

I used the same nick in subaru forum...

• 1 month later...
Guest subaru67

hkhamateur wrote:

me too..... u rem me right ekkekeke:whistle:

Guest kirk713

subaru67 wrote:

can drop engine:becky:

Definitely can as I have driven one 320 E36 with M3 (3litres) engine. Best of all, it passes inspection in less than 5 min as the engine looks identical (6 cylinders)...

It is about 300 bhp on dyno... NA...shiok... faster than wrx.

Guest SL63AMG

kirk713 wrote:

Definitely can as I have driven one 320 E36 with M3 (3litres) engine. Best of all, it passes inspection in less than 5 min as the engine looks identical (6 cylinders)...

Wah! Like that also can pass :shocked: than I think I met one on the road after Sunday gtg.

Guest SL63AMG

kirk713 wrote:

Can the stock gearbox take it? Or need to change to M3 gearbox also?

Guest blackknight

SINGAPORE'S NO. 1 LUXURY CAR BRAND* CELEBRATES WITH THE NATION.

Singapore turns 46! To commemorate this momentous occasion, Performance Motors is kicking off our celebrations with irresistible deals and test drives for all your favourite BMW models including the BMW 7 Series, the epitome of luxury and sophistication, preferred by leaders around the world.

BMW 7 Series special

Drive home the magnificent BMW 7 Series and enjoy a spectacular $46,000** in savings on top of astounding overtrades.

Limited units available.

Unrivalled overtrades and financing

• BMW 3 Series : Enjoy up to $26,000*** in savings

• BMW 5 Series : To thank you for making us the leading luxury sedan, we are showing our appreciation with unmatched overtrades on your purchase this weekend

• BMW X1 : Make it yours and enjoy savings up to $9,000, including $3,000 worth of Performance Motors vouchers. Limited units available.

What’s more, for this weekend only, save a further $4,000 on all other BMW models.

To top it off, make a date with us to test drive our newest showroom additions, such as the BMW X6, the world’s first Sport Activity Coupé, which is now available as a 5-seater. With deals like these, it’s an occasion not to be missed.

So visit our showroom today or call 6319 0100/500 to reserve your appointment now. Click here to book a test drive online.

PERFORMANCE MOTORS CELEBRATES NATIONAL DAY.

* Based on LTA June 2011 figures.

** Valid upon immediate registration of the BMW 7 Series.

*** Valid for BMW 3 Series sedan.

Other terms and conditions apply.

Guest benico

SL63AMG wrote:

Like to ask if a normal 3 series can mod till it has the same BHP as a M3?

Quite honestly... as always, u must consider when u are increasing the horsepower either through a drop engine or a modification to ECU mapping, always ensure that your brakes are also up to par... Safety first... taking that into consideration, you should look to buy a real M3 rather than try to mod a normal 3 series...

Guest SL63AMG

benico wrote:

Quite honestly... as always, u must consider when u are increasing the horsepower either through a drop engine or a modification to ECU mapping, always ensure that your brakes are also up to par... Safety first... taking that into consideration, you should look to buy a real M3 rather than try to mod a normal 3 series...

Bro, think you misinterpret my question :smile:

The reason I asked is because I had a short run with a BMW 3 series after last "Sunday GTG". It was fast and loud, unlike other 3 series I met on the road, more like a M3 thus raised the question.

As for modifying, I did it while I was driving a JDM car. Learned a lot from there and even know how to tune my own car. But sold it off at the final stage as all the mod does not meet LTA rules and regulation, quite problematic also. Thus decide to buy a reliable supercar that I can drive wihtout worries and give a courtesy smile to a TP when I meet one on the road :becky:

So for my SL63, the only mod I going for is to let it lose weight, will not do any other as it has all the best parts already. Only thing is the weight! 2 TON! If 1 TON, it be a very fast supercar with the horsepower it has right now.

blackknight wrote:

Singapore turns 46! To commemorate this momentous occasion, Performance Motors is kicking off our celebrations with irresistible deals and test drives for all your favourite BMW models including the BMW 7 Series, the epitome of luxury and sophistication, preferred by leaders around the world.

Why doesn't C&C celebrate Singapore's birthday as well like what BMW did? :Cry:

Guest benico

:clap2: that's good....

SL63AMG wrote:

Bro, think you misinterpret my question :smile:

The reason I asked is because I had a short run with a BMW 3 series after last "Sunday GTG". It was fast and loud, unlike other 3 series I met on the road, more like a M3 thus raised the question.

As for modifying, I did it while I was driving a JDM car. Learned a lot from there and even know how to tune my own car. But sold it off at the final stage as all the mod does not meet LTA rules and regulation, quite problematic also. Thus decide to buy a reliable supercar that I can drive wihtout worries and give a courtesy smile to a TP when I meet one on the road :becky:

So for my SL63, the only mod I going for is to let it lose weight, will not do any other as it has all the best parts already. Only thing is the weight! 2 TON! If 1 TON, it be a very fast supercar with the horsepower it has right now.

Guest subaru67

blackknight wrote:

BMW 7 Series special

Drive home the magnificent BMW 7 Series and enjoy a spectacular $46,000** in savings on top of astounding overtrades.

Limited units available.

Unrivalled overtrades and financing

• BMW 3 Series : Enjoy up to $26,000*** in savings

• BMW 5 Series : To thank you for making us the leading luxury sedan, we are showing our appreciation with unmatched overtrades on your purchase this weekend

• BMW X1 : Make it yours and enjoy savings up to $9,000, including $3,000 worth of Performance Motors vouchers. Limited units available.

What’s more, for this weekend only, save a further $4,000 on all other BMW models.

To top it off, make a date with us to test drive our newest showroom additions, such as the BMW X6, the world’s first Sport Activity Coupé, which is now available as a 5-seater. With deals like these, it’s an occasion not to be missed.

So visit our showroom today or call 6319 0100/500 to reserve your appointment now. Click here to book a test drive online.

PERFORMANCE MOTORS CELEBRATES NATIONAL DAY.

* Based on LTA June 2011 figures.

** Valid upon immediate registration of the BMW 7 Series.

*** Valid for BMW 3 Series sedan.

Other terms and conditions apply.

740IL twin turbo is awesome for its size