• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Battery on W204

Guest sliver88

Just to update, changed the battery to Varta Silver Dynamic 74mAH. The guy did a good and careful job, used a slave battery to connect to all the terminal first, then replace the battery.

The car fire up without any problem and no more Christmas light!! :D

Thanks for all the advice guys :thumbsu:

The golden question on everyone's lips: How much for the 74mAH?

Just to update. I have changed to a 74 mah Hoppecke batt. Now my car fire smoothly everytime! :P

IMHO Good choice - Hoppecke is a "good battery"

AA used to stock them in their breakdown vehicle.:)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 6 years later...
On 1/21/2019 at 10:43 PM, Tucker said:

Hoppecke 74ah 2014/nov/18 till today 2019/jan/21. Haven’t change battery. Battery still in good condition. 4 years plus. 

Not bad, how much you paid for it then? Mine from cycle in 2013, I changed it out last year. 5 years and it was actually still strong but I thought I could use something fresh.

• 4 years later...

Google search for Vartar battery spec and I landed here.....lol

I use Amaron Brand for 4yrs 4mth until cannot start yesterday. AA mechanic checked and said battery still ok but starter gone case. Towed to my workshop that evening and the next day morning can collect car.  Damage $419 inc GST

On 4/29/2023 at 11:35 PM, damagecar said:

Google search for Vartar battery spec and I landed here.....lol

I use Amaron Brand for 4yrs 4mth until cannot start yesterday. AA mechanic checked and said battery still ok but starter gone case. Towed to my workshop that evening and the next day morning can collect car.  Damage $419 inc GST

Care to share where u went to change starter. Think mine is also gone case, but today shops all close (I reckon). Haha. Thanks