• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Battery on W204

Guest sliver88

Guest sliver88

Hi guys,

Anyone can advise me on how long our car battery lasts?

I am driving a W204 pre-FL and it is coming to a year soon. Do you know how much it costs? Heard that C&C charges about S$500+ for a battery.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Guest kepiting1sg
Hi guys,

Anyone can advise me on how long our car battery lasts?

I am driving a W204 pre-FL and it is coming to a year soon. Do you know how much it costs? Heard that C&C charges about S$500+ for a battery.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Get one from outside Varta or Hoeppecke will cost U half that price!

The latter can be gotten from AA.

If U are an AA member, gip them a call and they will come to your place to instal it for U without instal charges.

Guest sliver88

Hi Boss,

Thanks for your reply.

I am the Kiasu type and will always change when it is about 15 mths or max. 18mths all these years. So, I suppose MB is not using any special battery but Hoeppecke?

I am a fan of Hoeppecke and have been using for my previous ride but will always change when the time is up. How long did your battery lasted?

Thank you.

Sam

Guest kepiting1sg
Hi Boss,

Thanks for your reply.

I am the Kiasu type and will always change when it is about 15 mths or max. 18mths all these years. So, I suppose MB is not using any special battery but Hoeppecke?

I am a fan of Hoeppecke and have been using for my previous ride but will always change when the time is up. How long did your battery lasted?

Thank you.

Sam

easily > 2 years with "normal usage"

Guest nightfly

I was using the original battery on my pre FL W204 for slightly over 3 years till the day I traded in my ride. Never had any problems and no advice from CnC during all my scheduled servicings to change either.

Guest LF918

Hi all,

Just changed my battery from C&C Pandan.Was charged $600+ w workmanship & GST.I'm also driving W204 Pre facelift Apr10.

Installed ICE in my car.Think that is the why my "battery" drained out so early.

Guest genesys
Hi all,

Just changed my battery from C&C Pandan.Was charged $600+ w workmanship & GST.I'm also driving W204 Pre facelift Apr10.

Installed ICE in my car.Think that is the why my "battery" drained out so early.

Hi Bro, S$600+ to change the battery. I didn't know CnC charge so much for it.

Thanks for the sharing everyone. I am learning a lot from reading the forums everyday.

Cheers :-)

• 3 months later...

Hi, my C180 BE 1.6 (2010) seems to have difficulty starting yesterday, and this morning it just refuse to start. :(

A whole bunch of error code came on.. like can not detect air bag etc.. So, I am guessing the battery is dead..

Does anyone know what is the right battery to get, 74AH? 85AH or 100AH?

After changing the battery, should all the error code goes away? or do I need to do certain things to reset the error code?

Please help.. thank you very much... :)

Hi, my C180 BE 1.6 (2010) seems to have difficulty starting yesterday, and this morning it just refuse to start. :(

A whole bunch of error code came on.. like can not detect air bag etc.. So, I am guessing the battery is dead..

After changing the battery, should all the error code goes away? or do I need to do certain things to reset the error code?

Get the Varta 85AH...the 100AH will not fit in the limited space & 74 is too small. Why I know? I changed twice liao...apparently had some issues with the batt charging. This has something to do with Blue Efficiency according to C&C. The car is so intelligent that it thinks there's no need to charge the batt to full everytime....quoting the SA. :phew:

open up ur batt compartment to check. c180k should be using 72 AH stock. usually 74 AH will suffice.CGIs (preFL) runs on 60AH- i got myself a 62AH varta at 1/3 the price of what C and C will charge.100 AH i think the whole batt is different size and usually sited in the boot.

the error codes or xmas lights thrown when batt is weak will be gone once the batt is replaced.

open up ur batt compartment to check. c180k should be using 72 AH stock. usually 74 AH will suffice.CGIs (preFL) runs on 60AH- i got myself a 62AH varta at 1/3 the price of what C and C will charge.100 AH i think the whole batt is different size and usually sited in the boot.

the error codes or xmas lights thrown when batt is weak will be gone once the batt is replaced.

Thank you so much for the reply.. I open the bonnet and can not find the battery... :lol:

Only after searching the internet, that I found out that need to open some air filter cover... :(

on this topic.. with all these auto & electronics, is there anything need to be set after changing the battery? for one i believe will be the radio.. anything else, or will there be something like transistor memory built-in so that you won't lose any setting?

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the reply.. I open the bonnet and can not find the battery... :lol:

Only after searching the internet, that I found out that need to open some air filter cover... :(

can't be the airfilter cover la! its the battery cover.should be the top right hand corner of ur opened bonnet.. open up the clips and take a look at ur batt.if i am right, should be the 72 ah stock for your car. no point going beyond 74 ah if u not running ICE etc, ur alternator cannot generate enough juice to fully charge and make use of the bigger capacity batt.

on this topic.. with all these auto & electronics, is there anything need to be set after changing the battery? for one i believe will be the radio.. anything else, or will there be something like transistor memory built-in so that you won't lose any setting?

modern mercs come with a back up battery.so ur settings are usually not lost upon batt change.what happens is when changing batt, they will jump start ur car giving ur old batt a bit of juice first, then change the batt with the car engine/alternator running- that way, you should not lose much setting.for mine, only the trip meter was reset. rest intact

some workshops will connect a used batt before swapping out the old one and putting in a new one, so our ride would not know it had a transplant, if like this then no need to set anything.

• Like 1

some workshops will connect a used batt before swapping out the old one and putting in a new one, so our ride would not know it had a transplant, if like this then no need to set anything.

Tsktsk is right. A good mechanic will use a 2nd batt to ensure that the car is always in current while he changes the old batt to the new one. There is no back up battery in W204.

Incidentally, the cover to the batt is not a air filter cover but a ventilation box for channeling the ext air into the cabin. There's a blower fan at the firewall that sucks in the ext air.

Tsktsk is right. A good mechanic will use a 2nd batt to ensure that the car is always in current while he changes the old batt to the new one. There is no back up battery in W204.

Incidentally, the cover to the batt is not a air filter cover but a ventilation box for channeling the ext air into the cabin. There's a blower fan at the firewall that sucks in the ext air.

Thanks! :-)

Will ask the guy coming to change the battery later to ensure that he use a 2nd battery to keep the current going... :-)

Just to update, changed the battery to Varta Silver Dynamic 74mAH. The guy did a good and careful job, used a slave battery to connect to all the terminal first, then replace the battery.

The car fire up without any problem and no more Christmas light!! :D

Thanks for all the advice guys :thumbsu:

• 3 weeks later...

Had problem cranking my W204 and some lights came up but gone after I managed to start the car and drive home. Is it time to change battery?

Hope I can still start the car tmr morning and go to the workshop...