• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Aux input

Guest prodriven

Guest prodriven

Hi guys,

My Aux input is hidden in the glove compartment.

I'll have to connect to my device with a cable but the glove compartment have to be left open.....

alternatively, i slam the glove compartment shut over the cable. hahaha....

Is there any other ways to get my device connected without leaving the

glove compartment door open or risking the premature killing of my crushed

aux cable?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mvdennis

prodriven wrote:

Hi guys,

My Aux input is hidden in the glove compartment.

I'll have to connect to my device with a cable but the glove compartment have to be left open.....

alternatively, i slam the glove compartment shut over the cable. hahaha....

Is there any other ways to get my device connected without leaving the

glove compartment door open or risking the premature killing of my crushed

aux cable?

just slam it shut on your cable ... replace the cable when it's really worn out .... the cost of that stupid cable is way cheaper than all other options you will be given

:becky:

Guest extra6

If you get a longer cable, you can run it along the left side of the glove compartment which has a small groove enough not to damage your cable than just slamming it.

If you want to conceal it further, you can even run it down the side and hide it behind the carpet and lead it all the way to the right side panel of your passenger seat near the cargo netting.

Try it! :)

• 4 months later...

Where can I buy the cable and how much?

A warm welcome to the family!

Hope U enjoy your stay with us and we look forward to see you at our events especially our mthly GTG.

It's a 3.5mm audio jack cable to iPod/iPhone or mp3 player with 3.5mm audio input too?

Plenty of these on local eBay sg or drop by SLS or try any Challenger Shop.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Thanks members. By the way, can I plug in a Thumbdrive to that cable?

If u can find that cable with one end is 3.5mm & the other for usb is possible. This connector in the glove compartment is merely to hook up a device with 3.5mm input. Aparts from this, u got to turn up the volume at Aux. My advice is to forget it instead get ipod interface device to hook up to yr Audio 20. Where to get it? Look for our site sponsor. Still got no idea?? Do a search!!

Thanks members. By the way, can I plug in a Thumbdrive to that cable?

IMHO No!

The 3.5mm Aux input is for you to send audio signal in from an audio source eg. IPod/iPhone, Hp, mp3, etc.

U want thumb drive, or control iPod/iPhone, see our site sponsor for the possibility of UCI ( Universal Comm. Interface) or just a iPod/iPhone kit.

Checkout with our site sponsor camber53 or ricric_lo!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 1 month later...

I saw this blue tooth device sold by Belkin at challenger which you may want to consider which cost approx S$100.00

The device has one end connected and powered by the cigarette lighter and at the other end, it is connected to the AUX.

There is no wires connected to the iphone assuming you are assessing i phone for the music.

The music from the i phone is transmitted wirelessly via blue tooth.