• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C Coupe

Guest mem0ry27

mem0ry27 wrote:

Ya... What i want is bigger screen... For navigation, my se told me is not that accurate, couldn't find some building and to update the map is 1k+...

I just book my C250 coupe too and does not have command on-lineandand. But i am very keen in upgrading to a bigger screen with dvd capability. Any idea where can i get it done? Anyone want to group purchase for a better deal?

mem0ry27 wrote:

yeah... just the navigation already cost 9k, and AMG 8k...

not like bmw, gps, voice command is a standard for all..

Bro, may i know what does the AMG kit consist of? 8K is high and am wondering if i can purchase a aftermarket ones instead?

Guest blackmercs

lcohol wrote:

I just book my C250 coupe too and does not have command on-lineandand. But i am very keen in upgrading to a bigger screen with dvd capability. Any idea where can i get it done? Anyone want to group purchase for a better deal?

Welcome!! Do read up from the ICE thread about getting after market audio system. To summarise the con, is that warranty issue & not able to utilise the steering for control etc. as for the pro, too many to list here.

As for group buy, is better for u to go ahead on yr own & provides feedback here after installation.

Guest Bubblefish

blackmercs wrote:

Err no idea, that is what the workshop guy told me. Btw rim size does not matter, is the clearing gap.

Bro, thanks for the info.

Would need to catch you for a chat, for BBK, what's important

is the rim's offset. If the tyres stick out of your mudguard,

if i remember correctly for our coupe it should be 45.

Guest blackmercs

Bubblefish wrote:

Bro, thanks for the info.

Would need to catch you for a chat, for BBK, what's important

is the rim's offset. If the tyres stick out of your mudguard,

if i remember correctly for our coupe it should be 45.

Go for offset 40 its almost flush with the fender then go with lower spring then the rear sure tio fender get it rubba rubba!! Then come back for more if still hungry!!

Guest mem0ry27

lcohol wrote:

the car come in with a integrated screen, still can change to aftermarker bigger screen??

i was thinking of getting the online command with dvd at first, my SE told me that not all dvd can be played in the system.

As for the amg kit, come with amg flat base steering wheel, amg body kit, amg 18" rims (front 225, rear 255), amg brake and accelerate paddle.

When you geting yours? What colour you got?

Guest Leftfield

mem0ry27 wrote:

the car come in with a integrated screen, still can change to aftermarker bigger screen??

i was thinking of getting the online command with dvd at first, my SE told me that not all dvd can be played in the system.

As for the amg kit, come with amg flat base steering wheel, amg body kit, amg 18" rims (front 225, rear 255), amg brake and accelerate paddle.

No AMG brakes, just standard brakes with Mercedes wording and drilled discs. Paddle shifts are part of the dynamic handling package, not AMG kit.

Guest hkhamateur

Leftfield wrote:

No AMG brakes, just standard brakes with Mercedes wording and drilled discs. Paddle shifts are part of the dynamic handling package, not AMG kit.

Krkrkr...:becky:

correct! I was abt to highlight it. :whistle:

Guest blackmercs

Leftfield wrote:

Paddle shift is not part of the dynamic thingy. Is a system that changes yr ride for smoother acceleration & lower by not so sure 15mm drops once u push a button with a wording "Sport". Yr car with this option yr gear shift selection is C or M only. This is what i got for my E cabrio.

Guest Leftfield

blackmercs wrote:

Paddle shift is not part of the dynamic thingy. Is a system that changes yr ride for smoother acceleration & lower by no so sure 15mm once u push a button with a wording "Sport". Yr car with this option yr gear shift selection is C or M only. This is what i got for my E cabrio.

Was told paddle shifts are part of the dynamic handling package. Did a seach and this came up. http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2012/mercedes_benz/c_class/c250_sport_sedan/3429/packages_options/

Think what the options may include may differ model to model

Guest blackmercs

Leftfield wrote:

Was told paddle shifts are part of the dynamic handling package. Did a seach and this came up. http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2012/mercedes_benz/c_class/c250_sport_sedan/3429/packages_options/

Think what the options may include may differ model to model

Orh i m referring to the function point of view & not the option package by Si&Si etc.

mem0ry27 wrote:

Yes, i think we can change it to 7" screen with full steering wheel control using aftermarket command NTG4.5. I'm still trying to cordinate with some of our site sponsor to explore all options. If you are interested, we might be able to do it together as i'm getting the car around the same time as you.

Mine is white with panaromic roof.

My SE dont allow me to add the AMG kit! I'm also very keen in the keyless go but cannot add at this point of time!

Guest Leftfield

blackmercs wrote:

Orh i m referring to the function point of view & not the option package by Si&Si etc.

aiyah, talking about what you get when u pay for the dynamic handling package lah...:becky:

Guest blackmercs

lcohol wrote:

Yes, i think we can change it to 7" screen with full steering wheel control using aftermarket command NTG4.5. I'm still trying to cordinate with some of our site sponsor to explore all options. If you are interested, we might be able to do it together as i'm getting the car around the same time as you.

My SE dont allow me to add the AMG kit! I'm also very keen in the keyless go but cannot add at this point of time!

How come cannot add?? Is bcoz yr car is on the way or ex stock!! Did u opt for xenon light??

Leftfield wrote:

aiyah, talking about what you get when u pay for the dynamic handling package lah...:becky:

I didnt pay for or ask for it. Anyway i dont like it coz u cant lowered yr ride, not during my time during 2010 june.

blackmercs wrote:

How come cannot add?? Is bcoz yr car is on the way or ex stock!! Did u opt for it

I dunno why leh. She said so. Delivery in march so I don't think it's ex stock.

Xenon is standard for c250 isnt it?

Guest mem0ry27

lcohol wrote:

We can check the aftermarket command.

I think no point getting keyless go, just only keyless entry and start stop button.

And it cost 2.9k

Guest mem0ry27

lcohol wrote:

Xenon should be standard, right?

My SE allow me to add and delete for my ride. So i change colour and things.

Guest Leftfield

blackmercs wrote:

How come cannot add?? Is bcoz yr car is on the way or ex stock!! Did u opt for xenon light??

I didnt pay for or ask for it. Anyway i dont like it coz u cant lowered yr ride, not during my time during 2010 june.

add things very mafan, so the SEs try not to do it unless absolutely necessary. They hardly made money form the options anyway, so no incentive to do so.

Yours was a E cabrio? higher end model lah so they throw in all the bells and whistles.

If you look at how si & si have priced their c coupe, you will understand how come so many options are missing! :becky:

mem0ry27 wrote:

We can check the aftermarket command.

I think no point getting keyless go, just only keyless entry and start stop button.

And it cost 2.9k

Yes command is a must for me. As for the keyless go, I felt its a good thing to have as all my previous ride come with start/stop.

mem0ry27 wrote:

Xenon should be standard, right?

My SE allow me to add and delete for my ride. So i change colour and things.

Yes i think xenon is standard for c250 so no need to pay extra.

Guest blackmercs

lcohol wrote:

Ya C250 xenon is standard. If not yet ship out u still can make changes.

blackmercs wrote:

Ya C250 xenon is standard. If not yet ship out u still can make changes.

So can I assume that my car is already shipped out hence I cannot add things now? Woohoo. Means to say I might recieved the car earlier? :-)

Guest Leftfield

lcohol wrote:

So can I assume that my car is already shipped out hence I cannot add things now? Woohoo. Means to say I might recieved the car earlier? :-)

you can technically request for changes 1 month before car is due for production i.e. if car production in Jan, u can request for changes in Dec.

If the car u ordered is for Jan production, factor in shipping and all the customs crap to bring the car in, u are possibly looking at a late Feb, early March delivery.

Guest hkhamateur

blackmercs wrote:

lcohol wrote:

Its at best nt to assume! :whistle:

U shld knw when u booked n consult yr SE fr adv when ll bue approx. delivery date? :becky:

If delivery approx. next feb/ Mar, u re able to make request fr any changes nw. :hand: