• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W212 suspension problem - common fault?

Guest Mr. M

Guest Turbocharged

$950. It depends on what individual car issue is. Might be close or similar but more or less parts replaced. If I had waited for TWM, I don't think the problem will be solved at all. They seriously don't bother at all. So, to me, problem resolved means money spent was worth it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Turbocharged

Unable to claim from TWM even when I have the quotation from Starblack on what to purchase. I called this guy from TWM who is supposed to be a level more superior than the rest and told him the 3 parts. He didn't seem to understand or interested in ordering for me. Always say "check and call you back later" but it never happens.

Normal servicing do anywhere also can.. Even at TWM. But if anyone's Merc have problems, I recommend Starblack Auto. Their service and attitude is no horse run one.

Guest blackmercs

Turbocharged wrote:

$950. It depends on what individual car issue is. Might be close or similar but more or less parts replaced. If I had waited for TWM, I don't think the problem will be solved at all. They seriously don't bother at all. So, to me, problem resolved means money spent was worth it.

Thanks for sharing. Hope no more issue after this one. Who knows that might be a new player & is reputable. I m still waiting for a good one coz getting a new ride from agent is beyond my reach as the COE is shooting sky high!! Before that I hv high hopes with them & even demanded that insurance coverage must be them. Lucky me I choose to buy from agent bcoz my wayang SE makes an offer I couldn't refuse that is FOC IU cover!!

Didn't u guys feel short change by them? Till date i heard of umpteem complains but no one sue them? Any lawyer here can advise on Contracts Law thingy :). Hearsay we had afew here!!

Guest desmondtoo

blackmercs wrote:

Thanks for sharing. Hope no more issue after this one. Who knows that might be a new player & is reputable. I m still waiting for a good one coz getting a new ride from agent is beyond my reach as the COE is shooting sky high!! Before that I hv high hopes with them & even demanded that insurance coverage must be them. Lucky me I choose to buy from agent bcoz my wayang SE makes an offer I couldn't refuse that is FOC IU cover!!

Didn't u guys feel short change by them? Till date i heard of umpteem complains but no one sue them? Any lawyer here can advise on Contracts Law thingy :). Hearsay we had afew here!!

Any case at CASE?!

Btw your SE's IU cover is limited edition one hor...dun 'pray pray'...:pound:

Guest blackmercs

desmondtoo wrote:

Any case at CASE?!

Btw your SE's IU cover is limited edition one hor...dun 'pray pray'...:pound:

u knew abt it too?? Gold plated with C/F design?

Guest desmondtoo

blackmercs wrote:

u knew abt it too?? Gold plated with C/F design?

Shoots...!!! You hv that?!?!? Thats a Vintage One...Quick quick go check, is it serial numbered 0001? Should have a certificate as well...:thumb: It's the first one she gave away when she joins See&See...:pound:

Guest blackmercs

6008 wrote:

Bro blackmercs . Wait till next tues night viewing then you tell us your intention . We are all behind you ! Mentally ! :becky:

The problem is that when u guys are behind me is scary!! Can be on my side instead? Frankly already decided, answer is Bor Lui. Check for me yr lobang they might bringing in leh. I m sure they bring in AMG with pana roof & keyless, pricing shld be $180k or less? Looking at C250 :)

Kum then sia

blackmercs wrote:

The problem is that when u guys are behind me is scary!! Can be on my side instead? Frankly already decided, answer is Bor Lui. Check for me yr lobang they might bringing in leh. I m sure they bring in AMG with pana roof & keyless, pricing shld be $180k or less? Looking at C250 :)

Kum then sia

Ok bro ! I'll ask them tmr . C250 coupe tio boh ? Let you know once they update me . Sia Lu hor mai kum . Kum is unker's job . Hahaha.....:becky:

Guest blackmercs

6008 wrote:

Ok bro ! I'll ask them tmr . C250 coupe tio boh ? Let you know once they update me . Sia Lu hor mai kum . Kum is unker's job . Hahaha.....:becky:

Kum sia bro, ya the kumming unker is the man!!

Guest kepiting1sg

6008 wrote:

Kum king Unker here! Who's next?

I pao everything including listerine & tissues provided.

Service NG dun pay! Service Good, pls Kum again!:bounce:

Bro 6008, get PH to sit down with EM Des & gip him the specs for a quote!

I like his place cos AS doing the warranty repairs.

I guess he should have some cumming in but not likely the C250.

Pana roof & AMG package should not be difficult xcept maybe keyless!

How abt this Sat we go mob the place?

Guest desmondtoo

kepiting1sg wrote:

Open Mob EM:

1.Unker

2.Des2

Guest Welbo

Turbocharged wrote:

Totally agreed. Btw when I bought my PI unit, my out front saving is $45k comparing the same spec and C&C need me to wait till Nov this year for the car to arrive plus 6 bids non-guarantee COE. PI give me one bid guarantee with car just arrived in port. Placed deposit and 7 days later car on the road. Looking at how COE is going, C&C will sure ask me to top up if I purchase from them come Nov.

The money save up front will be even greater if loan interest is taken into acc so that will cover most repair required.

Guest Turbocharged

guys, one way to test whether you have this suspension noise is to:

1. turn off radio or anything giving off sound

2. drive into a HDB estate where the roads are not tarmac.. instead they are those red/grey/other colour bricks laid on the floor. (same as those red ones used to warn drivers they are entering school zone)

3. the sound will be damn obvious

kepiting1sg wrote:

Called Desmond and he quoted . C250 coupe yes ! With everything includes AMG bodykit . Except keyless ! You were right . Called PH but cars are only on the way , still in the ship sailing to sillypore . No point mob the place now . That shipment arrives in abt 20 days .

Guest kepiting1sg

6008 wrote:

Called Desmond and he quoted . C250 coupe yes ! With everything includes AMG bodykit . Except keyless ! You were right . Called PH but cars are only on the way , still in the ship sailing to sillypore . No point mob the place now . That shipment arrives in abt 20 days .

We shall wait & preserve for our Bro PH the next 20 days!!! :amen: then all hell break will break lose and we go cheong & mob that place!!! - ONZZZ!!!!! :thumb:

Guest desmondtoo

kepiting1sg wrote:

We shall wait & preserve for our Bro PH the next 20 days!!! :amen: then all hell break will break lose and we go cheong & mob that place!!! - ONZZZ!!!!! :thumb:

Sat Mob is cancelled...:Cry:

Will hv another mob in ard 20days time...stay tuned. :eyebrows:

kepiting1sg wrote:

I'll keep track . Once ride arrives I'll inform you guys . We mob that place , fill up their parking lots and finish their kopi . Hahaha.... :bounce:

Guest MBC200

Turbocharged wrote:

if you went to TWM.. can forget about it. they just push around the fault. tell you drive back the car first and wait while they indent the parts. maybe take 3-4 weeks.. lol. and they dont bother to update you or inform you when the parts arrive. you need to do your own chasing. and apparently, change the part already still have sound. and time to wait for another batch of parts :bounce:

whether really have change or not, also duno :shocked:

Send my car to TWM to change the faulty right absorber yesterday and left my car at their workshop for 1 whole day.. Ended up the fxxking stupid knocking sound still around when driving on uneven road or over hump.. What the hell!

Guest blackmercs

MBC200 wrote:

Send my car to TWM to change the faulty right absorber yesterday and left my car at their workshop for 1 whole day.. Ended up the fxxking stupid knocking sound still around when driving on uneven road or over hump.. What the hell!

Sad!! Bro just follow Turbocharged route is the only solution.

There had been too many negative feed back re TWM . My friend who bought a 2nd hand Bimmer a year ago went there to claim some warranty items . Took him abt 3 weeks to resolve his issue . Sad case . :shocked:

6008 wrote:

There had been too many negative feed back re TWM . My friend who bought a 2nd hand Bimmer a year ago went there to claim some warranty items . Took him abt 3 weeks to resolve his issue . Sad case . :shocked:

Hi,

What is TWM? :becky:

MBC200 wrote:

kai wrote:

Hi,

What is TWM? :becky:

Hi . Does this answer your question ?:becky: