• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W212 suspension problem - common fault?

Guest Mr. M

Guest desmondtoo

Turbocharged wrote:

Thanks bro, actually my family have another Eclass cabriolet at home, almost 2months old. but dont have similar issue. but have others.. lol. the passenger door lock keep acting like it has a mind on its own.

Pax door acting strangely? Pls elaborate more...interesting!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Turbocharged

When moving off, doors auto lock. But on passenger side, the door lock jumps up and down a couple of times giving off a sound like a machine gun firing.. End up not locked. When leaving my car, I lock it via remote, passenger door sometimes is locked, sometimes unable to do so. Now car at sinming to rectify.

Guest desmondtoo

blackmercs wrote:

Hmmm disconnect the battery & connect it after ten minutes.

Turbocharged wrote:

When moving off, doors auto lock. But on passenger side, the door lock jumps up and down a couple of times giving off a sound like a machine gun firing.. End up not locked. When leaving my car, I lock it via remote, passenger door sometimes is locked, sometimes unable to do so. Now car at sinming to rectify.

Muahahaha:lol:...din know E-Cabrio is loaded with MG:laser:...Wah, sound troublesome man...Hope the workshop can solve your problem...Else you can try Bro Blackmercs method, he's our Master 'Sifu':clap2:...

Guest karilaksa

i have knocking sounds coming from rear side part of driver, sound will come whenever driving thru uneven roads or humps, quite irritating like something loose. Have sent for checks and found sound came from the bar protecting the exhaust knocking on exhaust(right side as its too close(millimetres). Have not sent for rectification yet as no time at the moment. Thought of temporarily stuffing a piece of hard foam to absord the knocking but as exhaust is hot, it will burn thru and leave unpleasant smell....:music:

Guest desmondtoo

karilaksa wrote:

i have knocking sounds coming from rear side part of driver, sound will come whenever driving thru uneven roads or humps, quite irritating like something loose. Have sent for checks and found sound came from the bar protecting the exhaust knocking on exhaust(right side as its too close(millimetres). Have not sent for rectification yet as no time at the moment. Thought of temporarily stuffing a piece of hard foam to absord the knocking but as exhaust is hot, it will burn thru and leave unpleasant smell....:music:

Better not do that...later not only burning smell...but burning car:target:...hope you resolve that soon...I'm keeping finger crossed not to have these problems so soon...:pray2:

Guest vincemerz

desmondtoo wrote:

Muahahaha:lol:...din know E-Cabrio is loaded with MG:laser:...Wah, sound troublesome man...Hope the workshop can solve your problem...Else you can try Bro Blackmercs method, he's our Master 'Sifu':clap2:...

Wah! Mercedes best buy now! Buy liao can get helicopter and machine gun and transformers door auto transform up down lock!

Best!

Wonder when the Mercedes can really transform....

I think our e cabriolet the eyes kinda look like the decepticons thou....

Guest lightning

vincemerz wrote:

Wah! Mercedes best buy now! Buy liao can get helicopter and machine gun and transformers door auto transform up down lock!

Best!

Wonder when the Mercedes can really transform....

I think our e cabriolet the eyes kinda look like the decepticons thou....

yes...i watched the Transformers 3 y'day...Rosie Huntington Whiteley (Megan Fox replacement) was driving the silver SLS AMG and it transformed into a decepticon robot...:becky:

Guest lightning

jtang wrote:

How come yours come as twin exhaust? CnC E250 & C250 all single exhaust leh.

his W212 is from PI with AMG bodykit package and came with twin exhaust... :car:

Guest blackknight

lightning wrote:

his W212 is from PI with AMG bodykit package and came with twin exhaust... :car:

because the twin exhausts all add up to 9cm:whistle:

jtang wrote:

How come yours come as twin exhaust? CnC E250 & C250 all single exhaust leh.

lightning wrote:

Yup ! Bro lightning answered your question . That's why I always say mine was a good buy . Somemore got free helicopter . Hahaha.....:becky:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. M

Thanks for your feedback guys.

So it seems it is down to two possiblities so far:

1) Suspension fault

2) Loose exhaust mountings

MBM hasn't called us back. Will update you guys. We're living with the problem for now.

The gearbox has also been irritatingly slow but I guess when we get up to speed it's alright!

Guest IStyle

Mr. M wrote:

Thanks for your feedback guys.

So it seems it is down to two possiblities so far:

1) Suspension fault

2) Loose exhaust mountings

MBM hasn't called us back. Will update you guys. We're living with the problem for now.

The gearbox has also been irritatingly slow but I guess when we get up to speed it's alright!

I have the same problem, car is only half year old. both front suspension have a knocking sound when going over hump / bump.

Sent in to MBM 3 months ago, until now still no update. They dont seem keen to follow up as well.

Think gonna change to another workshop and submit claim again.

Warranty for suspension is only 12 months as stated on TWM T&C, but what is parts dont arrive till then?

Sucks to drive around with a 'clock clock' sound whenever over hump

Guest vincemerz

Let me solve all your problems.

The knock knock sound is due to your front passenger seat belt not placed properly thus when you go over hump, u hear that sound, tuck it nicely and the sound is gone!

Best!

Try it!

Guest MBC200

IStyle wrote:

I have the same problem, car is only half year old. both front suspension have a knocking sound when going over hump / bump.

Sent in to MBM 3 months ago, until now still no update. They dont seem keen to follow up as well.

Think gonna change to another workshop and submit claim again.

Warranty for suspension is only 12 months as stated on TWM T&C, but what is parts dont arrive till then?

Sucks to drive around with a 'clock clock' sound whenever over hump

Went to PI workshop service my car today and get them to check what causes the knocking sound. Was being told front right absorber faulty and they will replace for me foc as still cover under warranty.. Apparently the mechanic told me many new E class having similiar problem..

Guest Turbocharged

MBC200 wrote:

Went to PI workshop service my car today and get them to check what causes the knocking sound. Was being told front right absorber faulty and they will replace for me foc as still cover under warranty.. Apparently the mechanic told me many new E class having similiar problem..

if you went to TWM.. can forget about it. they just push around the fault. tell you drive back the car first and wait while they indent the parts. maybe take 3-4 weeks.. lol. and they dont bother to update you or inform you when the parts arrive. you need to do your own chasing. and apparently, change the part already still have sound. and time to wait for another batch of parts :bounce:

whether really have change or not, also duno :shocked:

Guest chiaster

this is nonsense and ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE...

vincemerz wrote:

Let me solve all your problems.

The knock knock sound is due to your front passenger seat belt not placed properly thus when you go over hump, u hear that sound, tuck it nicely and the sound is gone!

Best!

Try it!

TS, your absorber is faulty... need to change it... sound goes away after that... all the best...

Guest vincemerz

chiaster wrote:

this is nonsense and ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE...

TS, your absorber is faulty... need to change it... sound goes away after that... all the best...

ok ok maybe i wrong...

but it happened for me the interior knocking sound of the seat belt metal..

i thought the knocking sound is in the rear of my car for 2 days!

Guest Turbocharged

Guys. I went to starblack auto and after half a day, they told me need to replace right absorber, absorber mounting and stopper. Parts took 3-4 days to arrive and half a day to fix. The irritating noise from uneven bumpy roads at low speeds is gone.. Very thankful to starblack for their good service and prompt repair. Highly recommended.

E250 cabriolet

Guest blackmercs

Turbocharged wrote:

Guys. I went to starblack auto and after half a day, they told me need to replace right absorber, absorber mounting and stopper. Parts took 3-4 days to arrive and half a day to fix. The irritating noise from uneven bumpy roads at low speeds is gone.. Very thankful to starblack for their good service and prompt repair. Highly recommended.

E250 cabriolet

How old is yr ride??

Guest Turbocharged

blackmercs wrote:

How old is yr ride??

I think 2 months. The noise surfaced around 2nd week. TWM was really incapable and useless in helping me resolve the issue. So I sought second opinion at Starblack Auto.

Guest Welbo

Turbocharged wrote:

I think 2 months. The noise surfaced around 2nd week. TWM was really incapable and useless in helping me resolve the issue. So I sought second opinion at Starblack Auto.

I suppose you paid the bill instead of claiming warranty?

Guest blackmercs

Turbocharged wrote:

seems like PI Mercs having this suspension issue. Is better to get it done over with rather than waiting & hoping to get the parts replacement from yr insurance workshop. Can share what's the total damage like?