• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Budget Exhaust

Guest 9339

Guest morganoh

Anybody keen, I am. Can band together to get better deal... :pray:

I called and enquired about changing the tips.. its quite expensive for just the tips only.. maybe i'll just wait for a legal muffler then change altogether

There is a Remus Exhaust.

Its legal with all the LTA approval letter , and it cost around $1200.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

morganoh ]

I called and enquired about changing the tips.. its quite expensive for just the tips only.. maybe i' wrote:

Is it a bit too bassy, Think only Remus and Sebring both are too loud and bassy.

Guest morganoh

9339 ]

I called and enquired about changing the tips.. its quite expensive for just the tips only.. maybe i' wrote:

Is it a bit too bassy, Think only Remus and Sebring both are too loud and bassy.

The C63AMG exhaust is also made by Sebring.

cos I saw the Sebring brand and logo on the C63 exhaust.

Guest NewC180

morganoh ]

Hi Morganoh, where can we get this Remus Exhaust?

Guest morganoh

NewC180 ]

Spore distributor is

King Crimson ptd ltd

227 Lavander st

Guest NewC180

morganoh ]

Spore distributor is

King Crimson ptd ltd

227 Lavander st

Thanks bro, will check it out.

• 3 months later...
Guest ehwwong

time to revive this old thread... :)

today went down to BL and was quoted about 2.8K for quad exhaust with AMG tip.. they are providing all the necessary rear diffuser, the exhaust pipe and exhaust tip..

my question is, what should i look out for? will they be any implication to warranty and does it increase performance for top end?

Guest blackmercs

time to revive this old thread... :)

today went down to BL and was quoted about 2.8K for quad exhaust with AMG tip.. they are providing all the necessary rear diffuser, the exhaust pipe and exhaust tip..

my question is, what should i look out for? will they be any implication to warranty and does it increase performance for top end?

Did BL mentioned abt LTA friendly and guarantee able to obtain Vicom certification??, that is the first thing u shld look out for bro. If yes, after installed drive straight to Vicom to get the certification, after that rev yr baby like no tml. Remember that not all workshop can install yr exhaust are deem authorised workshop!!! So better ensure that u get the right "authorised workshop" to do the installation. If not, Vicom would not issue the certification and most importantly, a full refund from the seller too!!! If die die also want, then do the dark side and worries later ba!!!

Good luckie!!!

Guest blackmercs

ok, that is 1 thing i didn't ask...

anybody know of a good place and authorized workshop to handle all the gaberment thing?

Bru, first and foremost, u needs to know wat type of brand u wanna install onto yr ride, most of the authorised workhsop will able to meet all legal requirement thingy. Go to Fong Kim or Jeep Chee at Ubi and check simi type of exhaust can fits yr ride and is legal. If dont have, then go to the dark side ba, save all the trouble.

Guest kepiting1sg

ok, that is 1 thing i didn't ask...

anybody know of a good place and authorized workshop to handle all the gaberment thing?

If just adding exos tips - that will not have problem with LTA.

Recently got from BL 4 "AMG" exhaust tips and welded them to my W211.

If U mod your exhaust other than "approved type" such as AMG or Remus, U need approval from LTA.

I got my Lorinser exos from BL for my previous W203.

For the LTA approval, I wrote to LTA, submit sketches before/after of the exos layout, TUV Cert from Lorinser certifying that the exos is meant for the model of the car, satisfying the Noise & Pollution requirements.

Upon getting the in-principle approval from LTA, sent ride to Viacom for inspection ($55) and Viacom will issue

U a letter for U to keep in your ride.

Sent my previous W203 for routine inspection - 1 time they did not ask abt. the exos mod. Another time at the last station, the guy came out from the pit and asked abt. the exos. Show him the approval letter from Viacom/LTA, then he lan lan went back down to the pit.....heheheh!

Guest ehwwong

If U mod your exhaust other than "approved type" such as AMG or Remus, U need approval from LTA.

aah.. ok.. but if i want to increase to quad exos.. that meant i have to add a Y splitter joint.. i dont want a "fake" quad.. after sometimes the other side looks newer than the other with actual air going out.. hehe

anyway, kam sia for all the tips...

Guest blackmercs

aah.. ok.. but if i want to increase to quad exos.. that meant i have to add a Y splitter joint.. i dont want a "fake" quad.. after sometimes the other side looks newer than the other with actual air going out.. hehe

Bru, if u cut here and joint there, u needs to get approval too................welcume to sillypore!!!!

Guest kepiting1sg

W211 has both R & L stock exhaust, so adding quad tips is easy except that has to clear the rear bumper.

I've changed my W211 stock rear bumper to AMG. (Got it from our kaki here Gaston)

For my previous W203, I had installed the whole Lorinser Edition kit which include the rear bumper to have right & left exhaust.

The Lorinser exhaust came with a Y which allows L/R exhaust.

3481493785_8b71f3b9b5.jpg?v=0

3481493183_9819efcf7c.jpg?v=0

Guest xuexun

Kepiting1sg ]

ok, that is 1 thing i didn' wrote:

For the LTA approval, I wrote to LTA, submit sketches before/after of the exos layout, TUV Cert from Lorinser certifying that the exos is meant for the model of the car, satisfying the Noise & Pollution requirements.

Upon getting the in-principle approval from LTA, sent ride to Viacom for inspection ($55) and Viacom will issue

Sent my previous W203 for routine inspection - 1 time they did not ask abt. the exos mod. Another time at the last station, the guy came out from the pit and asked abt. the exos. Show him the approval letter from Viacom/LTA, then he lan lan went back down to the pit.....heheheh!

Where is BL?

Guest blackmercs

xuexun ]

ok, that is 1 thing i didn' wrote:

Where is BL?

Benzline 29 Ubi Crescent.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ehwwong

unker.. who did you wrote to in LTA? Who did the sketches for you? Do you tow the car to Viacom for inspection or you drive there? how long was the whole process? was told that it takes at least 1 day??

Guest kepiting1sg

unker.. who did you wrote to in LTA? Who did the sketches for you? Do you tow the car to Viacom for inspection or you drive there? how long was the whole process? was told that it takes at least 1 day??

Letter & enclosed

1.Sketches (Before & After) - BL

2.Installation Instruction - BL

3.TUV Cert for Noise & Pollution from Lorinser (I emailed them on-line, they faxed to me)

After 1 mth no reply from LTA - I actually went to LTA & F$#k them.

They told me that it was approved and the reply was actually on the way.

They gave me the approval letter in principle to mod the exhaust on the spot.

Then went to BL to order

When exos came - installed & sent to Viacom for inspection with LTA letter.

Paid $55 for inspection, Viacom passed pollution & noise test - gave approval letter to keep in car (So No TPs or Viacom will harass U in future)

The Manager

Vehicle Engineering

Land Transport Authority

Dear Sir,

Vehicle Modification – Exhaust Muffler

Lorinser Exhaust Muffler part numbers: 49020XXXX

Vehicle Registration Number: SFG XXXE

Make: Mercedes Benz

Model: W203 C180 ML (Kompressor)

Year of Manufacture: 2003

Date of Vehicle Registration: 7th February 2004

***************************************************************************************

I intend to replace my stock exhaust muffler with one from Mercedes Benz Tuner

LORINSER of Germany. Lorinser Exhaust Muffler part numbers: 49020XXXX

Enclosed unfortunately in German are the following: -

1. Installation instructions for the exhaust muffler and my own sketches of the install (before & after)

2. TUV AUTOMOTIVE Certification that the exhaust muffler with part numbers

49020XXXX is suitable for the make and model of my car and complies with the

current Emission & Noise Standard requirements.

Before I install my new muffler, I would like to seek LTA’s approval.

I will comply, if there’s a necessity for my vehicle to undergo emission & noise test at any of

our Vehicle Inspection Centers,

I look forward to your kind reply and approval please.

Yours Sincerely

index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1009;type=avatar

Unker Batam

*******************************************************************************************

• 5 weeks later...
Guest heavenknows

Hi, All. The C180 stock exhaust are twin but not very nice one. Changing to chrome will surely improve the appearance a great deal.

I saw these on eBay.. wondering if any one here has tried them? Comes in a pair and US$119 + US$40 for shipping.

amg_tailpipe_3.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-AMG-EXHAUST-TIP-FOR-MERCEDES-C-E-2002-W211-W204-ALL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1240Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3a4ee07712QQitemZ250431436562QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Guest eugenemon

Not bad, But don't think stock C180 rear wide enough to fit both. Then if fit one of it only also can't, cause stock exhaust is twin but the picture shows one hole only. I think benzline got sell the chrome tip for C180. I see before C180 fitted with it. After fitted will look like C200 except that you look closely in the chrome tip the hole can see inside got twin exhaust. Haha.

Guest heavenknows

Not bad, But don't think stock C180 rear wide enough to fit both. Then if fit one of it only also can't, cause stock exhaust is twin but the picture shows one hole only. I think benzline got sell the chrome tip for C180. I see before C180 fitted with it. After fitted will look like C200 except that you look closely in the chrome tip the hole can see inside got twin exhaust. Haha.

Yeah... they are quite nice. But looks like too wide to fit both to the rear. :(