• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Budget Exhaust

Guest 9339

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

you can buy a twin tip from benzline for about 2++ per set.

and if you want to go for the quad pile look, you will need to buy 2 twin and get man exhaust to mod for you for quad look.

When the 1st 3 years are up, VIACOM last inspection station;

the guys from the pit will come up & greet you that tell U that your exhaust sys. is not original.

Worse still stop by the TP on the road. :P

That was what happened to me last year when I sent my car for the 1st inspection.

Good thing I have the LTA lau ya hu in the car to tell those "nice guys" @ VIACOM it's LTA approved. ;)

Then they smiled and lan lan go back down to the pit. ;D ;D ;D

you can buy a twin tip from benzline for about 2++ per set.

and if you want to go for the quad pile look, you will need to buy 2 twin and get man exhaust to mod for you for quad look.

Are the twin tip just the add on type from Schatz? Any idea how to get the quad look?

for the w203, you can buy the add on twin tail pipe (see pic of my w203). not sure about the w204 though.

Looks good but if quad will be even better IMHO.

Are the twin tip just the add on type from Schatz? Any idea how to get the quad look?

Guest kepiting1sg

for the w203, you can buy the add on twin tail pipe (see pic of my w203). not sure about the w204 though.

Looks good but if quad will be even better IMHO.

I believe the tips are from Schaetz.

For the Brabus Quads look, go to the members picture gallery and see CBlack W204.

Or you can go to any of the tuner's website to look for Quad or Twin Left/Right exhaust. AMG, WALD, LORINSER, BRABUS, CARLSSON, FAB DESIGN, etc.

The tuners website is on the www.sgmerc.com home page

Guest kepiting1sg

basically you are extending one of the twin outlet to the right side, bear in mind this will create a slight un-balance of air flow.

please find attached diagram for your reference

In God we trust...heheheh!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I believe the tuners like Brabus, Lorinser, etc. have taken this into account

and should have tested their products too before putting them into the market and charging an arm & a leg. ;D

When I first fitted with the Lorinser twin Left/Right exhaust,

Benzline given me the wrong exhaust which was meant for the W203 M111 engine.

I found that out when after fitting the exhaust.

I went below the pit @ VIACOM inspection and found the part numbers on the exhaust were wrong.

Those part numbers tally with those for the Lorinser W203 M111 exhaust and not for the M271 Engine.

(This show that there must be differences to warrant the different part numbers.

Furthermore both exhausts meant for M111 & M271 engine has separate TUV approval with their respective part numbers)

I went back to Benzline & F$#k them and they flew in the right one for me. ;D ;D ;D

At that time beside the exhaust all else were stock.

IMHO,

There was no lost in power or increase in fuel consumption.

Any increase in bhp was not felt or noticeable.

Budget Exhaust? ;)

basically you are extending one of the twin outlet to the right side, bear in mind this will create a slight un-balance of air flow.

please find attached diagram for your reference

Thanks for the info...but I think this mod will cost lots more not budget! hehe :) :) :)

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi ,

Sorry to ask again.... I'm a bit confused now, newbie issue :P

If I want to have the 'twin pipe look', I can go and get one for 200+. Do I need LTA approval for that ?

If it's just adding exhaust tips to your twin tail pipes, U do not need LTA approval.

If you "operate" on the rear exhaust to have twin or quad pipes to the Left & Right sides, you will need LTA's approval.

Guest simonscleung

kepiting1sg ]

Hi ,

Sorry to ask again.... I' wrote:

If it's just adding exhaust tips to your twin tail pipes, U do not need LTA approval.

If you "operate" on the rear exhaust to have twin or quad pipes to the Left & Right sides, you will need LTA's approval.

Ok, many thanks :)

Sounds good...where to get it done? :) :) :)

• 2 months later...
Guest crk

Hi all.

Am thinking of fixing a 'fake' tailpipe to make it 'twin' exhaust.

Any modification to bumper or exhaust needed?

Or should I just operate the stock exhaust? Anyone selling stock exhaust? ;D

Guest crk

Thanks for the reply. :thumbsup:

Kompressor lin :thumbsup:k=topic=801.msg17834#msg17834 date=1209891122]

Hi all.

Am thinking of fixing a ' wrote:

twin pipe look - you need to mod your one pc bumper or if you have a 2 pc bumper than only the diffuser.

not many people will sell their stock exhaust, they will keep for inspection.

Guest crk

What are the diffusers available for twin exhaust?

Does it mean I need to change an aftermarket rear bumper?

Tks

bro, wana do exhaust tips, best is, invest in a suitable rear diffuser to complete the looks ;)

Guest kopimonster

crk ]

What are the diffusers available for twin exhaust?

Does it mean I need to change an aftermarket rear bumper?

Tks

bro, wana do exhaust tips, best is, invest in a suitable rear diffuser to complete the looks wrote:

you can try checking our brands like Brabus, Lorinser, Carlsson or even Merc's AMG kits, they should have something suitable for twin exhaust. altho getting a new diffuser or bumper is not mandatory if your existing setup can accomodate your exhaust tips, but having one, will make your tips less "exposed" and gives you are much fuller and sportier look, but thats juz my personal opinion :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest angela

hi guys,

just wondering which are the LTA approved exhaust for w204? either for C180 or C200.

where can i find them and wat is the damage.

many tks!