• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

e200 cgi saloon or e250 cgi saloon or wait e250 cgi 7g tronic..

Guest vincemerz

Guest vincemerz

Welbo wrote:

The 523i if you spec the Sport Gear does not seem heavy to me. You just need the gearbox to learn your driving style and one amazing thing about most BMW gearboxes, they learn the driver style very quickly. If you always paddle to metal, this car will go pretty decently.

Once you activated the sport mode, the gear ratio will come down from 8 speeder to 6 speeder. Very intelligent gearbox and really 6, 7 or 8 speeder is meant for fuel efficiency and nothing else. For sport driving or track work, 5 speed is the ideal gear setup with the right width btw the gears ratio.

Wow. Didn't know that man. Well explained.

So looks like 523i just sport all the way ;)

Guest kevin

vincemerz wrote:

Mmm.. Does the new CGI 7g tronic shift faster so that 0 to 100 also faster?

Based on searches on the internet, the 7G-tronic should be slightly faster for 0 to 100.

One more difference I am guessing for the new e-class is that the instrument cluster is probably the color hi-res one in the new c-class.

Guest Welbo

kevin wrote:

Based on searches on the internet, the 7G-tronic should be slightly faster for 0 to 100.

One more difference I am guessing for the new e-class is that the instrument cluster is probably the color hi-res one in the new c-class.

0-100 is only one measurement. You may also want to look at 40-80, 60-120 etc. If I remember correctly, the PDK in 911 Turbo was super fast from 0-100 as compared to a old 5 speed gearbox but lost out in the 80-120 range. Why? Simple, the use of launch control in the new PDK 911 and also the 80-120 was at the old 5 speeder 3rd gear sweet spot.

As what I stated before, the 7G was design for smoothness and fuel efficiency and not ready for track or sport driving purposes. The gearbox from Merc for sport driving is the SLS dual clutch gearbox which is slowly moving to the rest of the AMG range. The current Mer 5 speeder gearbox is more than sufficient and is smooth enough for me.

Guest kevin

Welbo wrote:

0-100 is only one measurement. You may also want to look at 40-80, 60-120 etc. If I remember correctly, the PDK in 911 Turbo was super fast from 0-100 as compared to a old 5 speed gearbox but lost out in the 80-120 range. Why? Simple, the use of launch control in the new PDK 911 and also the 80-120 was at the old 5 speeder 3rd gear sweet spot.

Based on this old link, it seems the 60 to 120 may be faster for the 7G:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/104030611213/new-mercedes-benz-7g-tronic-transmission

Guest Welbo

Agreed 2.1sec is very good improvement but read the paragraph carefully, the 2.1 sec improvement is in ideal situation in a V8 NA E500. I am sure the improvement in the 1.8T is going to be much less. I won't be surprised if there is no or just slight improvement as the current 1.8T CGI hit max torque much earlier than the NA V8 engine. I will tell Kevin to go for the 7G if it is the latest Twin Clutch system but not for the extra 2 more gears that is still basically a traditional auto gearbox.

Driving pleasure: for the same engine, acceleration times from 0 to 100 km/h are reduced by up to 0.3 seconds compared with the same Mercedes models fitted with the previous five-speed automatic transmission, while as much as 2.1 seconds can be shaved off the 60 to 120 km/h time, which is particularly useful for speedy overtaking.

Ok Kevin, this one you got to decide liao but to me buying a E class is really more than going fast and furious. If that is what you want, than a GOlf R will suit you more with saving from your initial budget!

Guest vincemerz

Golf R cost same as e200 5g now. FaintxWelbo wrote:

Agreed 2.1sec is very good improvement but read the paragraph carefully, the 2.1 sec improvement is in ideal situation in a V8 NA E500. I am sure the improvement in the 1.8T is going to be much less. I won't be surprised if there is no or just slight improvement as the current 1.8T CGI hit max torque much earlier than the NA V8 engine. I will tell Kevin to go for the 7G if it is the latest Twin Clutch system but not for the extra 2 more gears that is still basically a traditional auto gearbox.

Driving pleasure: for the same engine, acceleration times from 0 to 100 km/h are reduced by up to 0.3 seconds compared with the same Mercedes models fitted with the previous five-speed automatic transmission, while as much as 2.1 seconds can be shaved off the 60 to 120 km/h time, which is particularly useful for speedy overtaking.

Ok Kevin, this one you got to decide liao but to me buying a E class is really more than going fast and furious. If that is what you want, than a GOlf R will suit you more with saving from your initial budget!

apple088 wrote:

1 mth ago I ask my SE if e200 going to have the 7G?

Was told See&See not bringing in yet.

Now taken possession of the car ... kinda of regret !! should have waited for 2 more mths.

Price also the same.

COE issued was older COE. Lower than the current one.

Kena con liao

How much is the COE?

kevin wrote:

Yes... It was an event car with low mileage.

$202K with the overtrade and discounts amount to $31K. List price is $232,988.

Do you have to take a huge loan in order for them to give you the 31K overtrade?

Guest vincemerz

ai.... keep e250 cab.....

or

buy 523i or 528i ....

or buy e250 7g saloon....

decisions decisions....

still prefer merc branding....

but the interior bmw more plush.....

is the 523 engine really that better than e250 7g...?

Guest blackknight

vincemerz wrote:

ai.... keep e250 cab.....

or

buy 523i or 528i ....

or buy e250 7g saloon....

decisions decisions....

still prefer merc branding....

but the interior bmw more plush.....

is the 523 engine really that better than e250 7g...?

better? you will never stop, bcos there are always a better one out there...the E250 cAB is nices hor...my opinion:bounce:

Guest vincemerz

blackknight wrote:

better? you will never stop, bcos there are always a better one out there...the E250 cAB is nices hor...my opinion:bounce:

Thanks. Looks wise Ecab really hard to find a replacement.

Guest kepiting1sg

vincemerz wrote:

neh... new 6 cabrio the front eyes can never win 2 eyes... ;>

probably CLS still got chance...

I lup the CLS LED headlights! Slurp!

IMHO super duper swee!

U should consider seriously!:hand:

Guest lightning

kepiting1sg wrote:

I lup the CLS LED headlights! Slurp!

IMHO super duper swee!

U should consider seriously!:hand:

I agreed with Unker...CLS is the best of both worlds :whistle:...is a Sportback and yet like a Saloon...can take 4 pax comfortably...suit your family requirements and match your profile (abit ah sia :lol:) as well :bounce:

super chio...:becky:

Guest blackmercs

lightning wrote:

I agreed with Unker...CLS is the best of both worlds :whistle:...is a Sportback and yet like a Saloon...can take 4 pax comfortably...suit your family requirements and match your profile (abit ah sia :lol:) as well :bounce:

super chio...:becky:

Please choose the following :-

1) Ah sia kia

2) Ah sia lan

3) none of the above

vincemerz wrote:

If cls then I stick to cabrio lo.... If cls can seat 5, then can consider...

I uncle leh

vincemerz wrote:

Actually.... I really like Lexus the interior comfort... The seats super power!

Also waiting for the new jaguar xf!

Super chio!

You ? Uncle ? Jaguar ? Yes you uncle !!!