• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

e200 cgi saloon or e250 cgi saloon or wait e250 cgi 7g tronic..

Guest vincemerz

Guest www888

See today's C&C advertisement (Saturday section of ST) -- finally, E200 and E250 enhanced with 7-Gtronics and other features. Very low key and you need to read the advertisement carefully to spot it. Anyone has more details?

Guest kepiting1sg

www888 wrote:

See today's C&C advertisement (Saturday section of ST) -- finally, E200 and E250 enhanced with 7-Gtronics and other features. Very low key and you need to read the advertisement carefully to spot it. Anyone has more details?

KNN!:tsk:

Finally it arrives!!!!

Probably CnC sold off the remaining 5 spd stock!!!:censored:

The 7G-Tronics for the E has been out in the UK since the beginning of the year!

Guest www888

they were clearing their 5-speed stocks recently with promo deals... I guess now the gear level will move to the steering column with the Direct Select lever same as E300, adding more storage space on the central console.

Guest blackmercs

hippo wrote:

Unker is the new E 250 7-Gtronics interior same as the current model or like the FL C class?

Thank you.

7G E class interior. Diffs from 5G is the gear stick, exterior is the same. Pics from PI at sg expo :)

555af836.jpg

9c80fb04.jpg

27a9bcd1.jpg

b35efa39.jpg

Guest kepiting1sg

hippo wrote:

Thks bro Peter.

More space on the center console since no more gear level which is now on the steering column like the E300 & above.

Since no more gear level thus no tiptonic gear shifts is now replaced with paddle shifts.

Guest kevin

Sigh just ordered one of the C&C event cars e200 on sale 3 weeks ago. SE says may be able to top up $18K to get new 7gtronic e200.

Bros do you think is worth it?

Guest blackmercs

kevin wrote:

Sigh just ordered one of the C&C event cars e200 on sale 3 weeks ago. SE says may be able to top up $18K to get new 7gtronic e200.

Yes y not ? At least down the road u r selling a pre fl car rather than an old model.

Guest kevin

Thanks for your opinion!

I understand the only change in the new e200 is the 7gtronic and accompanying changes in the center console, gear lever on the steering wheel due to this. Exterior is identical so I am guessing the value of the 5-speed will not drop that much in comparison to the 7-speed.

If that is the case, $18K seems alot to pay for the new gearbox...

Guest chiaster

And I thought only vans, pick-ups and lorries had gear levers on the steering column... Oh, I've seen some MPVs like that too... Somehow, it feels strange to have the gear stick there... I still prefer it at the centre console... If we're doing away with it altogether, then it should just be paddle shifts... Looks more "proper" in my opinion... :bounce:

Guest Welbo

$18k is alot to ask for just the gearbox differences. Unless there are other changes than I will not top up if I am in your shoes. The current 5 speed gearbox is decent and very reliable which is impt for me. I also do not like my gear change to be in the steering column.

Not need to chase the latest technology aka like computer, there is always a newer version in a few years time. Save the $18k and invest wisely.

Guest kepiting1sg

kevin wrote:

IMHO,

Your SE want to scare U off with $18K top up since U already signed on the dotted lines!

If U dun take up the old 5 spd, they will find it very difficult to sell it.

If U pay $18K, then they can probably sell off the 5 spd with some discount.

U can get some one to check the new car price and compare to what U pay.

I guess there's not much diff in the 7spd vs the old 5 spd.

Just check on sgcartmart - there're no indications of new car prices for the W212 E200 or E250 by CnC.

Guess if U wanna the new 7speed, then U have to "really bargain down the $18k"

Guest kevin

Thanks for the advice!

I am seriously tempted because I did read internet comments and experienced during the test drive that the 5 speed gear changes seems a bit slow, esp when overtaking. I did not test drive a 7gtronic car though...

But looking at it from the perspective that $18K is about 75% of one year's depreciation.... doesn't seem to make sense! Maybe if it were $10K.

Guess I will just have to "make do" with "only 5 speeds." :decision:

Guest kevin

blackmercs wrote:

Kevin how much u pay for the E class? Is it at special price?

Yes... It was an event car with low mileage.

$202K with the overtrade and discounts amount to $31K. List price is $232,988.

Guest kepiting1sg

chiaster wrote:

And I thought only vans, pick-ups and lorries had gear levers on the steering column... Oh, I've seen some MPVs like that too... Somehow, it feels strange to have the gear stick there... I still prefer it at the centre console... If we're doing away with it altogether, then it should just be paddle shifts... Looks more "proper" in my opinion... :bounce:

I also prefer it that way - my new ride will also be like a pickup with gear shift on the steering column. :Cry::Cry::Cry:

It's not something new but MB have put the gear shift to the steering column currently on to the following vehicles except the A,B & C, SL & SLK Class.

Guess it's more sporty to have the gear shift in the traditional center console.

Gear Shift on Column!

W212 E300, E350, E500, E63 AMG

New C219, CLS350, CLS500, CLS63 AMG,

W221 S300L, S350L, S500, S600, S63 AMG S65 AMG

W164 ML300, ML350, ML500, ML63 AMG

X164 GL450 GL550

W216 CL500, CL600, CL63 AMG

W251 R300L, R350L, R500L, R63 AMG

Guest apple088

1 mth ago I ask my SE if e200 going to have the 7G?

Was told See&See not bringing in yet.

Now taken possession of the car ... kinda of regret !! should have waited for 2 more mths.

Price also the same.

COE issued was older COE. Lower than the current one.

Kena con liao

Guest blackmercs

kevin wrote:

Yes... It was an event car with low mileage.

$202K with the overtrade and discounts amount to $31K. List price is $232,988.

I see, means u shld knows that 7g is incoming after clearing the 5g stock or yr SE didn't inform u at all? Purchase at $202k is a super good deal so u shld hv no regrets at all. Enjoy yr new ride.

Guest kevin

1 month ago when I asked 3 different SEs they all said they do not know if and when the 7-speed was coming. Even now my SE says that they were only recently told.

I find it hard to believe but what to do?

Like apple088 it just feels painful to buy a "new" car and less than a month later find out that the 7-speed is just around the corner!

I would not feel so bad if it only came out 6 months later...

kevin wrote:

Thanks for your opinion!

I understand the only change in the new e200 is the 7gtronic and accompanying changes in the center console, gear lever on the steering wheel due to this. Exterior is identical so I am guessing the value of the 5-speed will not drop that much in comparison to the 7-speed.

If that is the case, $18K seems alot to pay for the new gearbox...

I Agree ! When you sell can fetch back $18k ? :becky:

kevin wrote:

1 month ago when I asked 3 different SEs they all said they do not know if and when the 7-speed was coming. Even now my SE says that they were only recently told.

I find it hard to believe but what to do?

Like apple088 it just feels painful to buy a "new" car and less than a month later find out that the 7-speed is just around the corner!

I would not feel so bad if it only came out 6 months later...

I agree again ! If it's a face lift then very pain . Gear only mah . No pain lah . Bro blackmerc , right ? Hehehe.....:bounce:

Guest blackmercs

6008 wrote:

I agree again ! If it's a face lift then very pain . Gear only mah . No pain lah . Bro blackmerc , right ? Hehehe.....:bounce:

Tio lah, for this price $202k See&See earns only peanut, Mrs Goh say one.