• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 Power up

Guest 9339

Sorry! I mean Overall Diameter of the pulley. 1 bar is quite high, should be almost double the stock boost, I can imagine the performance must be quite intoxicating compared to stock.

Is there a significant increase in the engine noise or sound generated by supercharger when you're driving or in the cabin? I'm quite worry the increase in noise may be too intrusive. How do you find it? is it acceptable.

How long have you installed these mod and any reliability issue so far?

the kleeman pulley is larger than stock. in respect to engine noise or sound, i am ok with it. not sure if you will find it noisy. perhaps the next meet up you can sit in my car and hear for yourselve. i've the mods in my w204 for 2 months plus and the same mods were in my w203 for 3 years with no problem.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

in my w203 C180 when i only have the kbox + pulley kit, i can only feel the power in the mid range 2-3k rpm. not sure about the other question though. i think uncle batam can help ???

IMHO,

K-Box with or without pulley, the power comes in around lower 3K RPM.

There's also a trade off in low end torque. No free lunch. ;)

To have plenty of horses which U have done except 1 poison less that U have not taken....hehehehe! ;D ;D ;D

I believe if U have took the poison, there will be plenty more horses but problem how to get so much air out of the system so quickly & timely.

Maybe Kevin has the answer by now.

K-box + Pulley Kit c/w Fuel Regulator + 230SC + Vaeth Intercooler + K Headers + K Metallic Cat + Exhaust + C32 Brakes = Kenna Poisoned Big Time ;D ;D ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

Kompressor ]

in my w203 C180 when i only have the kbox + pulley kit, i can only feel the power in the mid range 2-3k rpm. not sure about the other question though. i think uncle batam can help ???

IMHO,

There' wrote:

yaya, if you follow this road pocket big big hole.

Only 1/2 way there....hehehehe!!!!.... ;)...after all the extra horses without chio bodykit & wheels also no shiok.

Therefore add on the bodykit + wheels + tires.......U tell me how much poison one can take will depend how deep the pocket will be. 8)

Then how about other poison like oem xenon, super duper ICE, interior mods....blah,blah... :) :) :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest angela

I've the following :

1. Kleemann header + sport cat

2. Kleemann Kbox + pully kit (need modification to fuel system)

3. Vathe intercooler

4. Brabus exhaust system

many bros with the M271 engine have done item 1 to 3. exhaust most go with AMG.

any idea on the cost of the Brabus exhaust vs AMG exhaust and are they both quad pipes which would mean modding the rear bumper? thanks.

Guest angela

IMHO,

There's also a trade off in low end torque. No free lunch. ;)

To have plenty of horses which U have done except 1 poison less that U have not taken....hehehehe! ;D ;D ;D

I believe if U have took the poison, there will be plenty more horses but problem how to get so much air out of the system so quickly & timely.

Maybe Kevin has the answer by now.

K-box + Pulley Kit c/w Fuel Regulator + 230SC + Vaeth Intercooler + K Headers + K Metallic Cat + Exhaust + C32 Brakes = Kenna Poisoned Big Time ;D ;D ;D

the 230 SC and C32 brakes sounds interesting. any idea on what brakes are those and the costs? thanks.

Guest kepiting1sg

the 230 SC and C32 brakes sounds interesting. any idea on what brakes are those and the costs? thanks.

They are "marked" AMG brakes, 14" x-drilled rotor with 4 pots caliper.

I installed mine at $2K inclusive of stainless steel brake hoses front & back.

Guest angela

They are "marked" AMG brakes, 14" x-drilled rotor with 4 pots caliper.

I installed mine at $2K inclusive of stainless steel brake hoses front & back.

does the 230 SC help much? any ides on the cost of that?

Those AMG brakes sounds interesting, did it make a different for you after installing, where did you get it done, any pics? thanks.

Guest kepiting1sg

Bro Kepiting1sg, where did you get your brake done, $2k sound interesting? 14" rotor mean is a 330mm? Pls help me to and advise the best bargain for this.

If my metric conversion is correct 14" = 355.6mm.

I paid S$2K inclusive of stainless steel hoses all round + workmanship nearly 4 years ago on my W203.

MBM or Benzline should be able to do it for you.

Cheers!

Guest kepiting1sg

does the 230 SC help much? any ides on the cost of that?

Those AMG brakes sounds interesting, did it make a different for you after installing, where did you get it done, any pics? thanks.

1. The SC helps a lot together with the K-Box & Pulley Kit. I dun feel any lack in the response.

Stomp the gas pedal and it just took off without hesitation to the red line. ;D

IMHO, I guess it's not complete without changing the stock intercooler (losing power to heat loss), headers + exhaust system (to balance of the extra boost in the system)

Work was done by MBM. It did changed my style of driving and my wife doesn't wan old man like me to drive like that. :( :( :(

I have since took it out and sold it.(SC + K-Box + Pulley Kit). Left over is a straight through cat. con + sprint booster nia!

I am missing it!......:'( :'( :'(

The boost was definitely very "strong" and when you are revving it up, there's a great rush of air going through the exhaust system.

Work definitely need to be done to the exhaust system to take up the extra boost

2. The AMG brakes does help alot in the braking distance. It does make helluva diff.

Took me awhile to tap the brake lightly not to have an abrupt stop or getting the car behind to kiss my bum. :-[

Work was done at that time by Benzline appointed workshop i.e Super Workshop and mechanic Ken.(on his own now)

amgbrabus1.jpg

amgbrabus2.jpg

Guest kopimonster

Sad >:( no brake kits for W204 yet, anyone know is there any avail for W204?

hmmm....i am also wondering if there are BBKs created specifically for the W204 and end up finding this site.

http://www.endless-brake.info/e_layer_kits3.htm

please correct me if i am wrong, but i find BBKs fairly "generic" in the sense that, you do not necessary need to find specific brakes designed for your car model, as long the BBK can clear your rims and spoke, it should be quite alright. at least that is what the information from the link is suggesting and maybe this only applies to Endless brakes ;)

lease correct me if i am wrong, but i find BBKs fairly "generic" in the sense that, you do not necessary need to find specific brakes designed for your car model, as long the BBK can clear your rims and spoke, it should be quite alright. at least that is what the information from the link is suggesting and maybe this only applies to Endless brakes

That statement holds fairly true as many enthusiasts do carry out their own brake system transplants (ie, Mazda MX-5 with Mazda RX-7 Series V calipers and discs). However, research must also be undertaken to ensure that the existing master cylinder is able to cope with the upgraded system otherwise your life would be in perpetual danger.

Guest kopimonster

good point HomerRipper, personally, i feel there's no mods more important than up-rating your brakes to cope with the eventual increase in power :)

having said that, it is not necessary to go for enormous BBKs if a smaller one can more than handle your current or even potential power upgrade of your car, admittedly, i used to contemplate installing RS4 brakes (bloody 8 potters!!! :o) for my ride, more for looks than application :P, but was advised to settle for a more modest 4 potter, and i might say it was a good call, it was more than sufficient to handle the power of my car...anyway juz sharing :-[

Guest CBlack

Thanks Bro Kepiting1sg, had ask for quote and waiting for the damage of poisons.

pls keep me posted. i m also going for big brake kit but just that now i still haven't decided on which 19" rim to get.

any idea on the cost of the Brabus exhaust vs AMG exhaust and are they both quad pipes which would mean modding the rear bumper? thanks.

Bro, Brabus quad you can check with MBM or Cblack the cost,but AMG not avail yet,only got the tailpipe.

Guest kopimonster

Bro, Brabus quad you can check with MBM or Cblack the cost,but AMG not avail yet,only got the tailpipe.

want to consider supersprint quad exhaust? i saw the real thing mounted to an SLK before, damn nice, in fact, felt that its nicer than actual AMG pipes ;D

beauty part is, the exhaust tips actually extends all the way to the muffler, and not juz the tip portion is enlarged (hard to describe, but hope you get wat i meant :P).

p.s. erm...i think we also super OT liao....tot thread is on power ups nia... :P

Guest morganoh

Anyway, HK side got lots of poison avail for W204 le.

U seen any parts for W204 in any HongKong magazines or u saw it in one of the HongKong shops.

can advice? cos I would really want to buy something from HongKong.

Me hope to get a high flow cat if its avalible for w204