• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 Power up

Guest 9339

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've the following :

1. Kleemann header + sport cat

2. Kleemann Kbox + pully kit (need modification to fuel system)

3. Vathe intercooler

4. Brabus exhaust system

many bros with the M271 engine have done item 1 to 3. exhaust most go with AMG.

Hi fellas,

forgive me for my total ignorance. I am never the sort to do anything to my car other than change the car mats.. but after looking at all the pics and reading about all the power and "shiokness" after mod, I may just be a convert.

However, with all these mods, wouldn't the warranty be void? Can someone advise how to do stuff to the car without making the warranty void?

And, question to those who have done up their W204 or those are "old bird" to Merc Mods; Is there a front bumper lower lip that you can add (just a minor touch) to the avant garde to make it look a little bit fiercer? I saw this in the brochure but don't think it's available at C&C.

How much will it cost without the exhaust?

Kleemann header + sport cat S$3k ++

Kleemann Kbox + pully kit + K&N Filter (forgot to mention earlier) S$3k ++

Vathe intercooler $2k ++

Not sure about the exact price now cos I bought them few years back when I have my W203 so just transferred to my W204. You can check with MBM.

Thanks Cblack, will be visiting MBM this few day cos mine car got a funny sound when i start it in the morning but the sound will gone in about 20 seconds, and i think we have another W204 bro need poison from you.

Hi fellas,

forgive me for my total ignorance. I am never the sort to do anything to my car other than change the car mats.. but after looking at all the pics and reading about all the power and "shiokness" after mod, I may just be a convert.

However, with all these mods, wouldn't the warranty be void? Can someone advise how to do stuff to the car without making the warranty void?

And, question to those who have done up their W204 or those are "old bird" to Merc Mods; Is there a front bumper lower lip that you can add (just a minor touch) to the avant garde to make it look a little bit fiercer? I saw this in the brochure but don't think it's available at C&C.

warranty part is a risk you have to take. as long no major problem then no issue. if you do only cosmetic mods then it won't void warranty.

the add on to the front and rear bumper you can get them from MBM. it is on display at their office cum showroom.

Thanks Cblack, will be visiting MBM this few day cos mine car got a funny sound when i start it in the morning but the sound will gone in about 20 seconds, and i think we have another W204 bro need poison from you.

i think it's because the engine is cold. my car is very loud in the morning.

keltanky ]

i think it' wrote:

loud[/size] in the morning.

hmmm its loud meh?? only loud if you chase those iritating cars cutting in those jams every morning we kena along the roads

right :P

I usually will give way to those who signal, trying not to spoilt day.. ;D

keltanky ]

i think it' wrote:

loud[/size] in the morning.

hmmm its loud meh?? only loud if you chase those iritating cars cutting in those jams every morning we kena along the roads

right :P

no lah, what i meant was when i start the engine. the initial few seconds, it's loud but once the engine warms up, the sound is gone (unless i rev it).

no lah, what i meant was when i start the engine. the initial few seconds, it's loud but once the engine warms up, the sound is gone (unless i rev it).

its our type of engine, its a cold start procedure..., once car warms up the rev will drop to normal.. so sound gone liao, yup unless u rev it it will go down..

I've the following :

1. Kleemann header + sport cat

2. Kleemann Kbox + pully kit (need modification to fuel system)

3. Vathe intercooler

4. Brabus exhaust system

many bros with the M271 engine have done item 1 to 3. exhaust most go with AMG.

Bro CBlack, I'm new here and just got my C180 2 weeks ago, already felt underpowered and would like to up the power a little. I'm realistic and not looking for massive power increase, but more on torque increase with more usable power for daily commuting. Since you're already using these mod on your W204 now, can you advise me a real life experience and feeling after installing each of these mod. Which do you think I should go first based on my requirement?

icebox ]

I' wrote:

Bro CBlack, I'm new here and just got my C180 2 weeks ago, already felt underpowered and would like to up the power a little. I'm realistic and not looking for massive power increase, but more on torque increase with more usable power for daily commuting. Since you're already using these mod on your W204 now, can you advise me a real life experience and feeling after installing each of these mod. Which do you think I should go first based on my requirement?

Bro, y didn't u get the C200 in the 1st place?

with the mods the performance is definitely much better than stock. you can consider the Kleemann Kbox + pulley kit first. this should give you some decent increase in power. that's what i did for my W203 and then slowly got poison and kept adding more mods :P

i think it's because the engine is cold. my car is very loud in the morning.

yes when engine is cold, the car is very loud. once warm up...its back to power!

CBlack ]

Bro CBlack, I' wrote:

with the mods the performance is definitely much better than stock. you can consider the Kleemann Kbox + pulley kit first. this should give you some decent increase in power. that's what i did for my W203 and then slowly got poison and kept adding more mods :P

C180 is alittle uppowered, in view of the heavy body. the C200 is already feeling the drag.

would a drop in air filter work first to give more breath to the engine?

i am still troubled by the road noise esp along AYE near NUH stretch....

also switching drive to "S" will smoothen bit and add more response.

I have now had my C180 for 3 weeks. Yeah there is a flatspot in the powerband when cruising at 50kph and when you accelerate from this speed the response is very sluggish. The range of the flatspot is between 50-65 kph but for me, just step harder on accelerator and problem solved. Overall performance for me quite ok since I seldom drive above 80 kph - me somewhat ah pek kind of driver so those who want to have cut and thrust type of performance, think minimum is C230. :)

CBlack ]

Bro CBlack, I' wrote:

Thanks for advice. What sort of power increase you had when you did the Kleemann Kbox + Pulley kit? The power increase was more for low end or high or across all rpm? Is that power increase obviously felt or just very subtle?

Also wondering besides having lower Compression ratio for C200 over C180 (in stock form), is stock C200 running a higher boost with slightly bigger crank pulley to get that extra power? Can C180 replicate the C200 easily to get that extra juice. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks for advice. What sort of power increase you had when you did the Kleemann Kbox + Pulley kit? The power increase was more for low end or high or across all rpm? Is that power increase obviously felt or just very subtle?

Also wondering besides having lower Compression ratio for C200 over C180 (in stock form), is stock C200 running a higher boost with slightly bigger crank pulley to get that extra power? Can C180 replicate the C200 easily to get that extra juice. Anyone have any advice?

in my w203 C180 when i only have the kbox + pulley kit, i can only feel the power in the mid range 2-3k rpm. not sure about the other question though. i think uncle batam can help ???

in my w203 C180 when i only have the kbox + pulley kit, i can only feel the power in the mid range 2-3k rpm. not sure about the other question though. i think uncle batam can help ???

Bro, in your current W204, did you ever measure (via boost gauge) what's the max boost after installing the k-box and pulley kit as compared to in stock form? I believe the stock boost should be coming in 0.4 - 0.5 bar as this is the normal low-pressure force induction boost from factory?

Did you still keep your stock W204 crank pulley and can you share what's the O.D. of the stock Pulley? Also the O.D. of Kleemann pulley if you know?

Bro, in your current W204, did you ever measure (via boost gauge) what's the max boost after installing the k-box and pulley kit as compared to in stock form? I believe the stock boost should be coming in 0.4 - 0.5 bar as this is the normal low-pressure force induction boost from factory?

Did you still keep your stock W204 crank pulley and can you share what's the O.D. of the stock Pulley? Also the O.D. of Kleemann pulley if you know?

the measurement from the boost gauge shows 1 bar. i still keep all stock parts as i will put them back when i sell the car. sorry, i don't know what is "O.D.".

CBlack ]

Bro, in your current W204, did you ever measure (via boost gauge) what' wrote:

the measurement from the boost gauge shows 1 bar. i still keep all stock parts as i will put them back when i sell the car. sorry, i don't know what is "O.D.".

Sorry! I mean Overall Diameter of the pulley. 1 bar is quite high, should be almost double the stock boost, I can imagine the performance must be quite intoxicating compared to stock.

Is there a significant increase in the engine noise or sound generated by supercharger when you're driving or in the cabin? I'm quite worry the increase in noise may be too intrusive. How do you find it? is it acceptable.

How long have you installed these mod and any reliability issue so far?