• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SBC Hold & SBC Stop

Guest eric19

Guest eric19

Hi everyone

I just learned about this feature on our W211, unfortunately my pre-fl model does not seems to have it. Tried the SBC Hold and the display indicated that this is not available, please refer to manual. Same with SBC stop, nothing either. So, are these 2 features an option or just not available on some models.

Thanks

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest j888

eric19 wrote:

Hi everyone

I just learned about this feature on our W211, unfortunately my pre-fl model does not seems to have it. Tried the SBC Hold and the display indicated that this is not available, please refer to manual. Same with SBC stop, nothing either. So, are these 2 features an option or just not available on some models.

Thanks

mine is pre FL. it comes with this feature. Maybe u can check if software upgrade helps.

Guest Roland106

Hi Eric19,

I suggest you check you car's Year Of Manufacture (YOM). I was told all YOM in 2005 Pre FL has it. I am driving a Oct'05 E200 ML and its got the SBC Hold Function which I activate by depressing the brake really quickly. another feature you might wanna check is the Parameter Steering feature also comes with models in 2005. The amount of power steering adapts to the speed of the car. As the car speeds up, there is less assist to retain the feel of the road to the driver.

Guest ken100

Roland106 wrote:

Hi Eric19,

I suggest you check you car's Year Of Manufacture (YOM). I was told all YOM in 2005 Pre FL has it. I am driving a Oct'05 E200 ML and its got the SBC Hold Function which I activate by depressing the brake really quickly. another feature you might wanna check is the Parameter Steering feature also comes with models in 2005. The amount of power steering adapts to the speed of the car. As the car speeds up, there is less assist to retain the feel of the road to the driver.

Care to elaborate what you mean by depressing the brakes really quickly... you don't mean e-braking, do you? Mine is MY2005 PFL W211 and I am clueless how to go about activating this feature.

Guest wJaaay

meaning when your car is stationary i.e stopping at a red light. do a quick tap on your brake (u will hear a psstt sound).

the central display will show then show a "hold" or "SBC hold"

you can only do this when your car is in D, N or R.

Guest eric19

Hi Roland

Mine is Pre FL Aug 05 reg. Therefore, I presumed it should comes with the feature. But, I tried and it reads "SBC Hold Not Available, Please refer to manual" :-) I checked with C&C and they also say that my car SBC hold did not activate, but they did't say why, Maybe need to do diagonistic to find out. Sianz. Next full servicing, I will get them to do a through check.

Cheers

Guest Roland106

Hi Eric19,

did you read the manual?

Maybe its deactivated?

eric19 wrote:

Hi Roland

Mine is Pre FL Aug 05 reg. Therefore, I presumed it should comes with the feature. But, I tried and it reads "SBC Hold Not Available, Please refer to manual" :-) I checked with C&C and they also say that my car SBC hold did not activate, but they did't say why, Maybe need to do diagonistic to find out. Sianz. Next full servicing, I will get them to do a through check.

Cheers

Guest eric19

Roland106 wrote:

Hi Eric19,

did you read the manual?

Maybe its deactivated?

hi roland

will do that once i find the manual :-)). i can't remember where i placed the manual

thanks

Guest ken100

wJaaay wrote:

meaning when your car is stationary i.e stopping at a red light. do a quick tap on your brake (u will hear a psstt sound).

the central display will show then show a "hold" or "SBC hold"

you can only do this when your car is in D, N or R.

Frustratingly, all my attempts got me nowhere near seeing the message "Hold", "SBC hold" or "No Hold"! Nothing happens whether I step, tap, kick, punch, pull, etc... I conclude that either mine comes without this feature or it must have been deactivated like my folding wing mirror.

Anybody any idea?

Ken

Guest Sanjay

ken100 wrote:

Frustratingly, all my attempts got me nowhere near seeing the message "Hold", "SBC hold" or "No Hold"! Nothing happens whether I step, tap, kick, punch, pull, etc... I conclude that either mine comes without this feature or it must have been deactivated like my folding wing mirror.

Anybody any idea?

Ken

folding mirrors in a fre fl w211? factory fitted? if u have folding mirrors then high chance your brakes are adaptive brakes and not the sbc ones...

kindly get it checked and then be well informed about your brakes

Guest ken100

Sanjay wrote:

folding mirrors in a fre fl w211? factory fitted? if u have folding mirrors then high chance your brakes are adaptive brakes and not the sbc ones...

Yes and yes. E280, bro. Almost certain mine comes with SBC - the buzz confirms that.

Guest Roland106

ken100 wrote:

Yes and yes. E280, bro. Almost certain mine comes with SBC - the buzz confirms that.

Having an SBC brake system does not indicate to have the Hold function.

Only MY2005 ones had them from what I know.

Well it is a function where at a traffic light you dont need to keep your feet on the brake while in "D". so while holding the brake pedal, do a real quick depress of the brake pedal to almost the depth it can go. then release the brake. The car while still in D will be stationary and a SBC H will be displayed where the odometer was showing the KMs. It takes a like a little practice.

Now its like 2nd nature to me I cant imagine not having it...

excellent idea from merc I guess!

hope it works, if not be at the meet, I am sure anyone with an E class can show you...

Guest Roland106

eric19 wrote:

hi roland

will do that once i find the manual :-)). i can't remember where i placed the manual

thanks

the manuals can be found in the rear passsenger seat's hand rest.

just unfold it down and you should see it....

Guest Roland106

Sanjay wrote:

I agree with Sanjay...(btw, how's your NGT?)

I dont remember and had not seen the pre FL E class had folding mirrors

the mirrors was designed to be small so as there's no need to fold...

you mean someone told you its deactivated and can be reactivated again?

Cheers

Guest Sanjay

Roland106 wrote:

Cheers

Hi Roland, the NGT is doing great... got the polish and wash kit from the person who was showing it to you guys at the last gtg.. and its wonderful stuff....wil catch up hopefully at the next gtg

Guest eric19

Roland106 wrote:

the manuals can be found in the rear passsenger seat's hand rest.

just unfold it down and you should see it....

hi roland

found the manual at last...nothing in depth about SBC Hold. must check with the mech. on my next service.

cheers

Guest ken100

Roland106 wrote:

Cheers

Finally got the SBC-H to work... I find the instruction "firmly depress main brake pedal to its max travel after coming to a halt in D mode" more to my liking.

Wrt PFL W211 folding mirror, I think it comes standard for the E280 and E350. Activation or deactivation can be done through the "Convenience" control panel. Not hearsay but from my actual experience.

Guest Sanjay

ken100 wrote:

Finally got the SBC-H to work... I find the instruction "firmly depress main brake pedal to its max travel after coming to a halt in D mode" more to my liking.

Wrt PFL W211 folding mirror, I think it comes standard for the E280 and E350. Activation or deactivation can be done through the "Convenience" control panel. Not hearsay but from my actual experience.

glad to know u managed to get it sorted out

Guest Roland106

ken100 wrote:

well, thats how I got it at first, as in to depress it all the way. then I realised a quick flick of the brake pedal also triggers it. thanks for the info on the folding mirrors. hope to se you at the gtg I have yet to see the mirrors fold!

:)

• 9 years later...
On 6/19/2020 at 7:39 AM, LTeo said:

Dear all

I just bought a 2011 E200 cabriolet. Can anyone with the same model confirm that this model has the Hold function pls? 

Any reply will be most appreciated. 

Regards

Should have!

Try taking 2 quick steps on the brake pedal with the 2nd step all the way in 

Earlier MB models brake hold gotto get use to how to apply it

Latest models are much easier

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

On 6/20/2020 at 1:01 PM, kepiting1sg said:

Should have!

Try taking 2 quick steps on the brake pedal with the 2nd step all the way in 

Earlier MB models brake hold gotto get use to how to apply it

Latest models are much easier

Haha thank you for your reply. 

I've driven newer models before and had successfully used the Hold function. But for the 2010 model, it just didn't work and also car dealer was saying that model did not have electronic brake so won't have Hold function. 

2 hours ago, LTeo said:

Haha thank you for your reply. 

I've driven newer models before and had successfully used the Hold function. But for the 2010 model, it just didn't work and also car dealer was saying that model did not have electronic brake so won't have Hold function. 

Is your ride from PI or C&C? I owned the first batch of e cabrio from C&C and comes with hold function. Whats is your vins nos? Probably can help u to check your ride data.