• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Post your rims!

Guest chershen

Guest vt5sport

Wes23 wrote:

Not that i know of. But VMR wheels are good. Design wise quite nice as well. You can be the first person to show us! :becky:

Sorri ah, I mountain tortoise; VMR wheels from where ah? Checked out the website and it dun state compliant wif EU or TUV std.

Btw, anyone has any idea how much would the similar-looking 18" Breyton GTS-AV costs?

vt5sport wrote:

Sorri ah, I mountain tortoise; VMR wheels from where ah? Checked out the website and it dun state compliant wif EU or TUV std.

Btw, anyone has any idea how much would the similar-looking 18" Breyton GTS-AV costs?

I think they costs about $450 each IIRC

Guest blackknight

Wes23 wrote:

No prob bro! Best way to learn about your car is to join us for our la kopi session as there will be many gurus there!

hmm...la kopi we got talk about rims meh?

keeptouch wrote:

$2K at ray-s. The replica came with the standard 3 point star cap and I asked them to change to the one with a blue label and they said ok! they are very nice!

bro Keep Touch , I like ur Rims , what is the finish ? Is it chrome

or metaliv gun metal ? Do u know the model number?

Guzik wrote:

Curious to know if the ride comfort for the driver and passengers will be compromise if we upgrade the wheels say from 17 " to 18" or from 17" to 19" ?

Nope. In fact I feel that the bigger the wheels are the most stable they are on the road...

Bigger rims = thinner tyre sidewalls thereby reducing tyrewall "flex" this gives a better feeling of whats happening between the road and tyre as well as improves cornering. However since there is less side wall comfort is somewhat reduced as the sidewalls now have to be stiffer i've had 19" before and it felt like I was rolling around on flintstone tyres i.e rocks damn uncomfortable.

rssid wrote:

Bigger rims = thinner tyre sidewalls thereby reducing tyrewall "flex" this gives a better feeling of whats happening between the road and tyre as well as improves cornering. However since there is less side wall comfort is somewhat reduced as the sidewalls now have to be stiffer i've had 19" before and it felt like I was rolling around on flintstone tyres i.e rocks damn uncomfortable.

well said bro..

Guest taxsarah

Regarding 19"s, anybody else on 19"s be it C or E class can attest to the comment that the comfort of the ride is reduced and uncomfortable? Am contemplating upsizing from 18" to 19" but can't decide as don't wish to compromise too much loss of comfort.

taxsarah wrote:

Regarding 19"s, anybody else on 19"s be it C or E class can attest to the comment that the comfort of the ride is reduced and uncomfortable? Am contemplating upsizing from 18" to 19" but can't decide as don't wish to compromise too much loss of comfort.

Ride comfort Not much dif between 17 n 19. Look wise alot of dif.

Everybirdie's butt feel differs.

Best is to try out rides wif 19" to tell for yourself the diff btw 17" n 19".

Lower side profiles generally sacrifice ride comfort unless u have upgraded to a "better" suspension set.

I'm torn btw 17" n 18" n sometimes 19" for 2 n a half yrs liao.. :lol:

taxsarah wrote:

My dad's Eat grass on 245/40/18 PS2 with AMG sports package (1 finger spacing)

rides better than

my See grass on 225/45/17 BS-S001 AVG normal suspension set-up (2 n 1/2 finger spacing).

Eat grass magic carpet ride is legendary.. :hail:

(Not to mention S class airmatic suspension)

Guest chiaster

i owe bro wes a ride in my car to see if the ride is pliant enough for him but i think he doesn't need it anymore because he has recently dropped springs for his ride!!! :thumb:

you may have a feel of how the ride is on my car if you would like... i am on 19s and lowered with H&R springs... :becky:

taxsarah wrote:

chiaster wrote:

i owe bro wes a ride in my car to see if the ride is pliant enough for him but i think he doesn't need it anymore because he has recently dropped springs for his ride!!! :thumb:

you may have a feel of how the ride is on my car if you would like... i am on 19s and lowered with H&R springs... :becky:

I havent change yet. So waiting for your "joy" ride!!! :becky:

Guest subaru67

chiaster wrote:

i also wanto try as u whatsapp me liao:becky:

Guest taxsarah

chiaster wrote:

Thanks for the offer, with so much confidence on your 19"s looks like that's the way to go for me too.

Any advice to share on BBS rims? Got my eye on its newer models.

• 1 month later...