• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SGMerc Driveaway

Guest angela

Guest redbell

hv we confirmed on lodging? my friend told me there's a apartment kind of thingy by the seaside which has many many rooms. yappy, can source anot??

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cklasse

Am surfing for more accomodation choices. The concern is many resorts or hotels are poorly run and some are not well maintained. Parking is also another consideration, the sight of 11 Mercedes-Benz is attractive to anyone.

Guest kepiting1sg

Parking is also another consideration, the sight of 11 Mercedes-Benz is attractive to anyone.

Here's some old news from Pleasure Island. ;D

Some time back when I was looking for an used Toyota Unser for my company,

I was told that the Toyota Unsers in Batam Island are 100% stolen vehicles from MY.

The age of the Unsers usually range from a few months old and seldom over 2 yrs. old.

Prices depend on supply & demand and they range from as low as S$14K to as high as S$24K per car. There are at least hundreds of such cars in Pleasure Island. ;D

Seen many vehicles like Storm, Prado, CRV, etc still with the AAM sticker on.

Reported in the local press recently, a former car salesman who becomes his own boss was caught with more than 40 stolen vehicles from MY. The engine & chasis numbers were all confirmed by the MY Police as from stolen vehicles.

Just reported again today in the local press.

Lots of stolen car owners are also in a fix.

They find they cannot renew their road tax becos they found out their engine & chassis numbers doesn't tally with their log book & cert.

They also find their car registration plate the same as "officially registered" cars i.e

those with correct chassis & engine numbers.

A few yrs. back, I found out 2 containers of cars were consigned to our factory from Singapore. We made a Police report. Their modus operandi is to put the stolen cars into containers, usually in SG, then use any company names in Batam Island as consignee.

4 x 40ft. containers just nice for ? MBs

I will inform you all when the cars are here, including mine.....wahahaha ;D ;D ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

sound very dangerous, we should re-consider.

With the clamping down & problem in registration of stolen vehicles in Pleasure Island has resulted in high supply and low demand. So MY stolen vehicles might landed elsewhere.......maybe Jakarta....maybe to Thailand maybe further up North......whahahahaha!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Dun worry lah! I dun think we so sway wan!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

Now we have 7xx over viewer (highest) knowing we planning to go Malacca. What do you think? To be safe than sorry.

7xx viewers, sekali 1 bad guy from the 7xx viewers think it's a good opportunity to sapu with 1 sweep.

Should we cancel it??? ??? ??? ???

Guest kepiting1sg

Wah lau E55 for 30k I first in line brudder... ;D

My fren's wife in Pleasure Island driving a W210 E320

I did saw one W210 with E55 AMG badge in Pleasure Island, dunno real or

cheong wan but did see it moves pretty fast. ;D ;D ;D

If W211 E55 AMG goes for $30K, Unker will be the 1st to choop! ;D ;D ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

If W211 E55 AMG goes for $30K, Unker will be the 1st to choop!

Eh eh get in line man...

Just realized you have the upper hand in Batam. ;D

Wahahahaha! Wait like the case, get sam seng whacked up the guy, then after leaving him half dead, get Police to put him in lock-up and take their time & turns to torture him.....heheheheh!....such things do happen....it's a cowboy country out there... Excuse me ko ko!....I am in line 1st rite?.... ;D ;D ;D

i not going liao, sorry bro. not worth the risk. very sorry

yah come to think of it.. not worth the risk man. I can't imagine the kind of crap we could potentially get ourselves into!

linpeh drive brand new civic I also scared man mai kong mya-say-lee

I say organizing committee better take this matter into serious consideration before our future meetups become extinct

Guest jenvid

u folks gotta be kidding right ? Hong Seh regularly organised drive ups to North also no prob.

11 Mercs in convoy, small nos in Malacca IMHO. I used to run ard Malacca in my old SLK parking it at all places also still make it.

Maybe final lodging, itinerary take offline lor. The SG Beemers also went north in convoy.. all still ard.

Park at basement hotel carpark lor. Towing away a car from it not so straight forward. there are also some simple tricks to prevent your car from being jump start so easily.... repro pros may unlock the car but not so simple to drive away lor.

Guest kepiting1sg

u folks gotta be kidding right ? Hong Seh regularly organised drive ups to North also no prob.

11 Mercs in convoy, small nos in Malacca IMHO. I used to run ard Malacca in my old SLK parking it at all places also still make it.

Maybe final lodging, itinerary take offline lor. The SG Beemers also went north in convoy.. all still ard.

Park at basement hotel carpark lor. Towing away a car from it not so straight forward. there are also some simple tricks to prevent your car from being jump start so easily.... repro pros may unlock the car but not so simple to drive away lor.

18 years in Pleasure Island so far I have not seen any Ferrari and many years ago there was a cheong 911 with a Volkswagen engine.

So Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati or even Jaguar too chak bart and will stand up like a sore thumb ;D

For Beemer X5 is common same as the older 3 series and mostly likely scrap from SG.

SLK R170 also a few and I have not seen any R171. :)

W203 pretty common but I guess these are scrap W203 M111 from SG.

Likewise many W210 are scrap from SG too.

Pop stolen vehicles are like Prado, CRV, Wish, Storm, Unser

Make your car not easy to tow but parking head in near to other car or pillar with your steering locked with front wheels in extreme turn.

Guest redbell

kompressor dun go i oso dun go le lah.... i suppose to loong bang his car 1....

but it's true lah. it's not worth taking this kind of risk... we plan for some other driveaway other date lor.

Guest kepiting1sg

kompressor dun go i oso dun go le lah.... i suppose to loong bang his car 1....

but it's true lah. it's not worth taking this kind of risk... we plan for some other driveaway other date lor.

car.gifcar1.gifcarxtacy.gifcar2.gifcar.gifcar3.gifcarxtacy.gifcar4.gifcar.gifcar1.gifcarxtacy.gifcar2.gif

In this case arh???? If my car get stolen

& appear in Pleasure Island,batam2.gifbatam4.gifbatam3.gif

this I dun mind but if I cannot see it again how???

.....insurance pay onli scrap car value and does not includes mods....how???....how??? cry2.gifcry2.gifcry2.gif

Like that arhhh???? I also dun go liao lah!!!!! :o :o :o

Guest Cklasse

Ok, We are going for the Malacca driving holiday on 28 July.

Interested member who has not register, please PM me your names and number of people going.

We will have a briefing fro more details when the day comes near.

;D

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Cklasse

Participants, please check your email for the updated details. In case you cannot see the picture attached, it's just the google earth picture of the place.

For those with GPS, I have included the coordinates from google earth.

Guest millionmilebenz

Participants, please check your email for the updated details. In case you cannot see the picture attached, it's just the google earth picture of the place.

For those with GPS, I have included the coordinates from google earth.

Thanks for preparing the fantastic trip briefing doc!!! :)

Guest HLdrops

I want thank the organising committee for putting in so much effort to make this real. Let me know if i can be of any help.

I will be there for the briefing ya.

have not been active in forum, schedule getting packed.

Guest Cklasse

If this is successful, we will plan one to Penang 4D3N next year or even year end. Hopefully we can do one in Germany some time, then can make special arrangement to see more than the usual factory tour.

If this is successful, we will plan one to Penang 4D3N next year or even year end. Hopefully we can do one in Germany some time, then can make special arrangement to see more than the usual factory tour.

if successful, must do one just like gt-rally.com is doing.... or can do a GUMBALL rally hehehe

Guest Cklasse

hey guys

what you think if have a GTG with MYBENZ at Portuguese Square/ Portugeses settlement? on a sunday afternoon?

there got big big carpark and next to the sea! good enough for 50 cars!

Think it will be nice to have lunch at Portuguese Sq with them. It is a nice place to have a "family picture" as the big place is good for lining up the cars.

I am thinking we will put a decal on the rear top right windscreen with numbers to identify ourselves during this drive. I have asked C&C to give us their grey colour decals and I shall figure a way to put the numbers on it. If you guyss have been on a "wheels for fun" drive, they have those big circle decals which is very good for identification. What do you guys think?

btw, the new website looks good. More serious, more Mercedes-Benz.

Guest Cklasse

For those with rear tinted windows in their cars, would it be a problem to enter Malaysia now that there is a rule on light transmission over the causeway.