• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How fast have you driven your Mercedes-Benz?

Guest Cklasse

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Tried 230 plus max on NS.

Scary...

with your w210ML sure can go even more,

you can throw your ride on sepang tracks like eating the TypeR with so much balls! :P

I sure you can go even more!! 250?? to the limit..

Scary is bcoz... i worry something might come loose from the old lady! kekeke

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Tried 230 plus max on NS.

Scary...

with your w210ML sure can go even more,

you can throw your ride on sepang tracks like eating the TypeR with so much balls! :P

I sure you can go even more!! 250?? to the limit..

Does the W210 come with compressor? if not than a bit hard to hit 250 unless the road is long enough.

don't forget that W210 is very heavy so without the compressor, it doesn't build any high end at all.

Hi Pat, yes mine comes with the kompressor. Very heavy car!

Guest shox87

yeah im a 87-er. nice to meet u, :) u driving a merc i suppose?

im turning 21 in march. :P

sillywilly ]

w203, c180, me with 2 other passengers

my first year of driving, still p plate, i hit 180kmph heading east on pie, just after the bukit timah speed camera all the way to TP, ok now shhhhh.

hahahaha. that was the fastest i ever went, and just after lornie exit, there was a mild left curve, the rear of the car slid out a lil and i eased the trottle. after that cruised with no acceration till TP... so dangerous yet so cool. haven' wrote:

hey dude u sound pretty young. im jus curious. how old are u? :)

im berri young... not even 21... haha.. gonna be of age end of this mth...

don't they always say "the young and the dangerous?" or something in that sense...

you're an '87er too?

Guest angela

yeah im a 87-er. nice to meet u, :) u driving a merc i suppose?

i dun own a merc.. but i've drive my parent's c class now and then..

saw in the owners list that ya have an SLK350.. does it belong ta ya?

Guest angela

my engine check light came out when i hit abt 240...

duno wat hapen.. but it goes off after awhile..

the car is saying "you are traveling too slowly - engine not cool enough, please pick up speed to ensure that sufficient cool air enters the intake." ;D

:'(

yesterday night drove too fast and hit a hyundai accent on the behind.

i was cruising at abt 110km/h along PIE at abt 11plus at night when i saw this Accent signalling

and turning out from lane 2 into my lane (1)....i horned and hit the brakes...my car still hit him. Geez

now must pay~~

Moral of story? dun speed and remember...the korean and jap cars...even if they floor the acelerator the car will not pick up speed as desired...so if u travel fast sure kiss backside!!! sigh.....

Guest Cklasse

Got to get the car repaired before CNY. I think it will not be that badly damaged.

110 km/h in PIE is normal.

I blame it on those drivers who think that when they signal, it means they can change lane as they wish to without consideration for other cars. They have that "It's ok for others to slow down to give way to them as long as I don't have to slow down" mentality.

:'(

yesterday night drove too fast and hit a hyundai accent on the behind.

i was cruising at abt 110km/h along PIE at abt 11plus at night when i saw this Accent signalling

and turning out from lane 2 into my lane (1)....i horned and hit the brakes...my car still hit him. Geez

now must pay~~

Moral of story? dun speed and remember...the korean and jap cars...even if they floor the acelerator the car will not pick up speed as desired...so if u travel fast sure kiss backside!!! sigh.....

if you hit him even after you jammed on the brakes (as hard as you can), i believe he would be the one to cause the accident, using the highway cameras, im sure it is possible to get some footage of the incident, therefore, wouldn't he be the one at fault?

im just presuming 20kmph over the speed limit wouldnt be noticeable on camera...

hey bros,

thanks for the replies and nice words of consolation..... :)

i've arranged for my workshop to fix up his bumper+ bracket+sponge+spray job....should be lesser than 500.

when we went to Komoko, they charge 950 before GST!!!!

lucky that guy is quite nice and accomodating....agreed on my workshop.

my own front bumper is out of shape and needs re-spray too...so i've arrange to get it done end of the month, when i'm out of town.

sigh....i also think that since he signalled and filtered into my lane, its his fault...but i'm 20km above the speed limit, so i would'nt want any other implications from any authority.

if paying money solve the issue then let it be...rather than later kena any investigation or whatever trouble....then even not worth it...

hai...can use the money for mods...now pay for other people's bumper.....

Guest millionmilebenz

Hi Dash! Sorry to read about your bad run of luck... There are more and more of these inconsiderate and dangerous drivers out there!

You did the right thing - better to "pay out of pocket" now and end the matter rather than having it linger on.

Hope to see you at one of these meet-ups!

• 2 weeks later...

Had drove a 5 years old E280(W124) back in 1999 on NS highway travelling at 230+ km/h. Think there is still room to go but my heart cant and telling me to release the paddle.The speed picking up from 100 to 200km was fast but after 200 is rather slow to reach that 230 point.Really wish to own a C280 but think those taxes will kill me faster and getting out of this club sooner,thats why i had been happy to own my present C200 ;D

Guest millionmilebenz

Wow! I think that's one of the fastest speeds I've heard driven on the W124. The good old tank - it's a really sturdy car that can slowly but surely get you up to 200+! I think the 2.8L engine on the one you drove has much more power than the standard 16v 1998ml.

Wow! I think that's one of the fastest speeds I've heard driven on the W124. The good old tank - it's a really sturdy car that can slowly but surely get you up to 200+! I think the 2.8L engine on the one you drove has much more power than the standard 16v 1998ml.

Indeed. It takes forever to reach 100km/h on my 8V. :P

Guest millionmilebenz

Hahaha! Leon - you should try my W126 at the next meet-up, then you'll think your 8v 1996ml is rocket! ;D ;D ;D

That E280 i had driven was a V6 24V engine just as same SL300 having.

Guest kepiting1sg

I've owned the 91 8V W124.

It's true that sometimes the NTUC taxi unkers get off the traffic lights faster than you....BUT when you reach 100km/hr.....just like my fren driving a Mit. Lancer on the NS Highway tried to hantam me...the W124 8V in the mid range speed is just like launching a rocket.....the Lancer was left far far behind..... ;) ;) ;)

Guest Cklasse

Would you guys mind taking me for a rocket launch to have a feel? I really have not sat in one that goes fast (not because of the car but the drivers tend to be old men who don't drive fast). I think you young men can go faster. I once sat in a malaysian Merc taxi in Malacca that is older than me.....the old tank merc is sure a tough guy.

Guest millionmilebenz

You know what'll be fun? If the Old-School lead-footed drivers (trained by W124's and W126's) exchange cars with the New-School... wah, I think sure rocket-launch! ;D But don't know whether we can return the cars back in one-piece... kekekekeke :P :P :P

You know what'll be fun? If the Old-School lead-footed drivers (trained by W124's and W126's) exchange cars with the New-School... wah, I think sure rocket-launch! ;D But don't know whether we can return the cars back in one-piece... kekekekeke :P :P :P

well i almost could not return Ph@tboy's W211 lei... but than again "dark force" 's ex-w203 ok lei.. his that time can rocket launch laio..